C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Larger I/C and remote reservior for SLK32...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Larger I/C and remote reservior for SLK32...

Thought some of you might be interested... scroll to the bottom of page 14...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170...rested-14.html

Reservior capacity is 2.2 gallons and can be used with ice. Used 2 Johnson CM030 pumps.

The thread also contains updated pictures the headers and and exhaust system as well as many others.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
nice, how much was your front mount HE?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by E55JAY
nice, how much was your front mount HE?
I had it done at Floored Fab in Phoenix. The car is still there waiting on some more changes. The HE with front mounted pump and separated reservior cooling kit is $1500. The rear mounted reservoir and additional pump was on top of that.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Codesmith have a website up, his selling custom H-E .
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Good work Steve....

What size pulley are you running now? How does the car idle?

I'm worried about back pressure and power loss as well. Please keep me posted.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Good work Steve....

What size pulley are you running now? How does the car idle?

I'm worried about back pressure and power loss as well. Please keep me posted.
I'm running a Renntech pulley and cams. I think the Renntech pulley is 176 mm. Until the changes the car was running fine, no problems. It is too early to know yet whether there is any type of problem. On this round of mods I changed the following:

headers, custom exhaust, magnecore wires, denso Ik20, i/c upgrade, new fuel pump from '04 SLK32, Phantom Grip LSD

I think that is it beside some maintenance stuff well he has the car. We are still waiting to get the diff back from Phantom Grip before we can road test and dyno the car.

Chris did start the car on Friday and didn't report any issues. In fact he said it sound awesome, "Similar sound to a Ferrari GTB 4 Cam!". It would help if I knew what a Ferrari GTB 4 Cam sound like but considering how excited he was by it, it definitely sounded promising. I would imagine that since the car was started with no diff, it spend a fair amount of time at idle but he didn't report any problem. I'll keep you posted as things develop but as soon as we get the diff back, we can road test and dyno the car to see.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:07 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by SteveL
I'm running a Renntech pulley and cams. I think the Renntech pulley is 176 mm. Until the changes the car was running fine, no problems. It is too early to know yet whether there is any type of problem. On this round of mods I changed the following:

headers, custom exhaust, magnecore wires, denso Ik20, i/c upgrade, new fuel pump from '04 SLK32, Phantom Grip LSD

I think that is it beside some maintenance stuff well he has the car. We are still waiting to get the diff back from Phantom Grip before we can road test and dyno the car.

Chris did start the car on Friday and didn't report any issues. In fact he said it sound awesome, "Similar sound to a Ferrari GTB 4 Cam!". It would help if I knew what a Ferrari GTB 4 Cam sound like but considering how excited he was by it, it definitely sounded promising. I would imagine that since the car was started with no diff, it spend a fair amount of time at idle but he didn't report any problem. I'll keep you posted as things develop but as soon as we get the diff back, we can road test and dyno the car to see.

The custom exhaust is beautiful. I'm glad that I got my exhaust done, but it came with a price.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by SteveL
.......On this round of mods I changed the following:
I think that is it beside some maintenance stuff well he has the car. We are still waiting to get the diff back from Phantom Grip before we can road test and dyno the car..............
I would be interested in hearing how the Phantom grip does - I notice the SRT6 guys are using it and they like it. Good luck with all these mods - very nice!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
The custom exhaust is beautiful. I'm glad that I got my exhaust done, but it came with a price.
I asked Chris about the back pressure issue as you are the second person who mentioned it. My exhaust still includes 4 cats, 200 cell as the primary and 100 cell as the secondary and the stock AMG muffler. He thinks the system will still have plenty of back pressure.

Last edited by SteveL; 11-06-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by boohooramblers
I would be interested in hearing how the Phantom grip does - I notice the SRT6 guys are using it and they like it. Good luck with all these mods - very nice!
Thanks. I'll post the results here as well. My pre mod dyno showed 349 whp so we'll see where we get. Unfortunately, with SLK32 has a 198mm ring gear so Quaife is not an option.