2002 Headlight change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
2002 Headlight change

Quick question. Is it relatively easy to swap out a blown low-beam bulb on a 2002 C32, or should I be taking it to the dealer? I've changed my tail lamps over the years, but the front looks awfully complicated as compared to the rear. I've searched this forum and couldn't find any 'how-to' directions.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:10 PM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG silver & 2003 Lancer Evolution 8 black very moded
Originally Posted by ShawnC32
Quick question. Is it relatively easy to swap out a blown low-beam bulb on a 2002 C32, or should I be taking it to the dealer? I've changed my tail lamps over the years, but the front looks awfully complicated as compared to the rear. I've searched this forum and couldn't find any 'how-to' directions.

Thanks!
its a matter of popping the hood and pulling off the black cap/cover that holds the D2R bulb(low beam) aka xenon bulb... if you have HID on your car... that is... its pretty easy its just a matter of finding a "real" D2R bulb thats not too over priced
Old 11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by edtv82
its a matter of popping the hood and pulling off the black cap/cover that holds the D2R bulb(low beam) aka xenon bulb... if you have HID on your car... that is... its pretty easy its just a matter of finding a "real" D2R bulb thats not too over priced
I don't have the xenon lights,... I have the old caterac (sp) style headlights. Hopefully it's that easy. Think I'll go back outside and look again. Maybe I can make some sense of it. The dealership charges $72.00 to change the bulb and perform some kind of check on the socket!

Wish I did have the xenon lights. I hear they last a lot longer!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
its a piece of cake, twist and pulled give it a try, or do a search.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 PM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG silver & 2003 Lancer Evolution 8 black very moded
Originally Posted by ShawnC32
I don't have the xenon lights,... I have the old caterac (sp) style headlights. Hopefully it's that easy. Think I'll go back outside and look again. Maybe I can make some sense of it. The dealership charges $72.00 to change the bulb and perform some kind of check on the socket!

Wish I did have the xenon lights. I hear they last a lot longer!
well if you need some xenons... let me know i have the FROSTED xenons (not bi xenons) i'll sell them to you... b/c i wanna get the Bi xenons... i'll sell them for $500 with the ballasts and you also get the auto level feature with them... the only thing you'd have to do is get someone to put the "xenon present" in the computer
Old 11-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by edtv82
$500 uh,.... uhmmmm! Meanwhile. I got the black cover off,... yeah it does remind you of a cup. However, there's a metalic clip that seems to be holding the bulb in and I not able to figure out the motion to release it. Looks/feels like a wire hook of some kind. If I meet that challenge, are you saying the bulb and it's holder will pop right out? Wish they made the front as easy as the rear!

Let's talk about the xenons after I finish with this headache!

Thanks!