Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Exclamation Xenon present or not?

Only For HID KITS

Ok not to put anyone down but I did read a ton of threads on this topic with the conclusion it works fine but after a long term of use my conlusion is that who ever has luck greeat but I didn't so had to go to dealer to pay to set a computer for the headlights xexnon present even with the Carlab 8000k HID kit. My lights didn't blink right away it took a while then it seem to be gone during warm weather but it came back on one side during summer and now that its colder well both lights flickered for like 10-15 sec so after reading some suggestions I went to dealer and was charged a half hour rate to change of computer xenon setting to present. So if anyone is having issues with aftermarket kits for HID in colder weather well so far it works for me with no flicker at all so consider this. I don't want to discourage anyone not to buy xexon kits it just help to you on what to do if it flickers especially in the cold.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
This has been discussed to death on both the AMG W203 and C-Class W203 forum. The rule is, if you have HID Xenons, you should have XENON=PRESENT set. This is even if you have one of the kits that claim you don't need to do that.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by jgsx
This has been discussed to death on both the AMG W203 and C-Class W203 forum. The rule is, if you have HID Xenons, you should have XENON=PRESENT set. This is even if you have one of the kits that claim you don't need to do that.
I remember being told that but alot of member argued it so here are my results and opinions on it with several months of use. So I wrote this to clarify it once and for all.