Who's pulley are these?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Who's pulley are these?

Okay guys, this is the fourth one on e-bay in the last month. They are ALL coming from eastern PA, my home, but I can assure you its NOT me.

Which one of you guys are unloading these DIRT cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW

See yeah
Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Nor I... but Newtown Square is only 20 mins away from me.

Because of the spacers and the way the text is worded, my guess is that these are evosport. Maybe someone opportunistic was able to buy used aftermarket parts off of wrecked C32s, or ones being converted back to stock if they were being sold? Or a performance shop has extra parts that their customers didn't want anymore?

Same seller has E55 pullies, and some BMW underdrive pullies too... I'd be interested to figure this one out as well - anyone on the forums know about this?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
I'd be very leary of something like this on EBay...not worth the potential problems IMHO.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Nor I... but Newtown Square is only 20 mins away from me.

Because of the spacers and the way the text is worded, my guess is that these are evosport. Maybe someone opportunistic was able to buy used aftermarket parts off of wrecked C32s, or ones being converted back to stock if they were being sold? Or a performance shop has extra parts that their customers didn't want anymore?

Same seller has E55 pullies, and some BMW underdrive pullies too... I'd be interested to figure this one out as well - anyone on the forums know about this?
Hey DTM:

Lond time no hear. Yeah I agree they look EXACTLY like evosport, and have seen them come and go, heck even LET motorsports bought one, aka, Eric.

Lets just say he is not the only one that bought one

See yeah
Old 11-15-2007, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Okay guys, this is the fourth one on e-bay in the last month. They are ALL coming from eastern PA, my home, but I can assure you its NOT me.
Which one of you guys are unloading these DIRT cheap?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW
The crank pulley looks good, but............
1. Why aren't there smaller accessory pulleys included if this is a 'kit'? How is just a larger (if it is in fact larger) crank pulley generating 3 lbs of additional boost without the aforementioned smaller acc. pulleys?

2. Is it really possible to use this kit with the factory belt?

3. Why is this 'kit' only applicable to '03 C32's and newer? Is there something particular to the '03 and newer that makes this more suitable versus the '02? To my knowledge, there isn't in terms of crank pulley, etc.

4. Again, along the same lines as 3., why not market the 'kit' to the SLK32 / SRT-6 crowd?

Something just don't seem right here!!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
1. Why aren't there smaller accessory pulleys included if this is a 'kit'? How is just a larger (if it is in fact larger) crank pulley generating 3 lbs of additional boost without the aforementioned smaller acc. pulleys?

3. Why is this 'kit' only applicable to '03 C32's and newer? Is there something particular to the '03 and newer that makes this more suitable versus the '02? To my knowledge, there isn't in terms of crank pulley, etc.

4. Again, along the same lines as 3., why not market the 'kit' to the SLK32 / SRT-6 crowd?

Hey there:

I agree with your post, and that is why I was asking about it. There ad has varied, saying 02-04, but they have NEVER included other pullies and still claim STOCK belt. Why they haven't included the other makes is another mistery that hopefully someone here will unravel.

Thnaks for the input

See yeah
Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 AM

2002 C32 AMG
I think the feedback score would keep me away.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 s65 Coupe, 2021 GLE53C, 2015 S550
Don't do it. Bought similar for my sl55 from another seller name but exact same text. Had it tested and was not sure it was completely balanced. They said it was an independent manufacturer.

I returned but no money back yet!!

Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
The pulley in the picture is made by evosport.

Don't do it!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by boohooramblers

I sent an email asking him who he is and why the set doesn't include smaller pulleys to retain stck belt. So lets wait and see on responce.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
The pulley in the picture is made by evosport.

Don't do it!
Okay Jerry, one question why?

I know you have done it ALL

So I have to ask Why not?

Thanks in advance

See yeah
Old 11-15-2007, 12:58 PM

C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by chuckactor
I think the feedback score would keep me away.
+1

I agree. I'd never purchase anything from someone with 0 feedback.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:59 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Okay Jerry, one question why?

I know you have done it ALL

So I have to ask Why not?

Thanks in advance

See yeah

No problem...should have said why before. I wouldn't buy them because they may look like the evosport pulley in the picture, but I doubt they are "real" evosport pullies. If they are not balanced correctly, then you will end up bending the crank over time and you would need to rebuild the motor. Making a pulley is easy, but making the dampener work right and having it balanced is the hard part.

If it was a smaller S/C pulley or any other pulley on the system, I would say go for it, but it's not.

This guy seems new to ebay and he might have ended up submitting it with the wrong price.

More info is needed before purchasing.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
No problem...should have said why before. I wouldn't buy them because they may look like the evosport pulley in the picture, but I doubt they are "real" evosport pullies. If they are not balanced correctly, then you will end up bending the crank over time and you would need to rebuild the motor. Making a pulley is easy, but making the dampener work right and having it balanced is the hard part.

If it was a smaller S/C pulley or any other pulley on the system, I would say go for it, but it's not.

This guy seems new to ebay and he might have ended up submitting it with the wrong price.

More info is needed before purchasing.

As aleays Jerry, THANKS!!!!!!

See yeah
Old 11-15-2007, 03:54 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
As aleays Jerry, THANKS!!!!!!

See yeah
Yup!

let me know what happens...
Old 11-15-2007, 04:32 PM

2004 c32, 91 GMC SYCLONE AND AN 08 CBR 600RR(MAN THIS THING IS FAST)
Originally Posted by Chazz
+1

I agree. I'd never purchase anything from someone with 0 feedback.
+2
i would like more info though as to whos making these and why so cheap
Old 11-15-2007, 05:51 PM

srt 6 chrysler crossfire
Thanks for your inquiry.

We understand that it is made domestically; however we do not have any information about the manufacturer. This is a durable high quality product. In the event you are not satisfied with the product, we will gladly refund you the full purchase price (excluding shipping and handling) so long as you do not install the kit upon your return of the item to us in good condition within 5 days of your receiving the item.

Thanks again for your inquiry.

sounds like he is trying to cover his own *** I asked if it was an EVOSPORT here is the name that he went by before and his feedback was 100% this is the third one I have seen and the bids usually get going pretty good up to about $400. I do not see how it will work without the smaller idler pulley or water pump pully. It would be nice to know who has one and what they do. Erik at LE did you purchase one ?

Item Title: MERCEDES BENZ AMG C32 OVERDRIVE BOOST PACKAGE
Item Number: 320171108109
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320171108109
End Date: Oct-24-07 19:21:24 PDT
From User:
unlockedtreasures (206)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Mar-17-04 in United States
Activity with unlockedtreasures (last 90 days):I have bid on 0 items from unlockedtreasures
Old 11-15-2007, 07:31 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by SRT6
Thanks for your inquiry.

We understand that it is made domestically; however we do not have any information about the manufacturer. This is a durable high quality product. In the event you are not satisfied with the product, we will gladly refund you the full purchase price (excluding shipping and handling) so long as you do not install the kit upon your return of the item to us in good condition within 5 days of your receiving the item.

sounds like he is trying to cover his own *** I asked if it was an EVOSPORT here is the name that he went by before and his feedback was 100% this is the third one I have seen and the bids usually get going pretty good up to about $400. I do not see how it will work without the smaller idler pulley or water pump pully. It would be nice to know who has one and what they do. Erik at LE did you purchase one ?

From User:
unlockedtreasures (206)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Activity with unlockedtreasures (last 90 days):I have bid on 0 items from unlockedtreasures

LOL....this is what I was told...

"The pulley is Fisher Concepts design in Long Beach Calif. If you buy it now, the cost is 500.00 plus shipping. At this time this is the last in stock, but more are being made as we speak. Thanks for the question."
Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by SRT6
Thanks for your inquiry.

From User:
unlockedtreasures (206)
100.0% Positive Feedback

i purchased one to experiment with a couple of ideas that i have on pulleys, as i can play with it and not worry if i screw it up...i would not put it on a car and it does not come with the other pulleys that you need to make it happen anyways...
Old 11-15-2007, 11:19 PM

srt 6 chrysler crossfire
cool thanks for the reply

here is what he sent me back

Sorry there is no warranty on the pulley, this sale is from overstock from the builder of the pulley. Fisher Concepts designed and builds the pulley. Some tuners sell underdrive pulleys for the C32 but they only produce 5 more horses, not worth the cash. The crank only pulley is larger than stock and overdrives the supercharger to produce more boost. Also sent your ECU to Powerchip in Calif. for timing and fuel mapping, that where most of the horsepower comes from. The tensioner takes up the difference in pulley size so there is no change.

Last edited by SRT6; 11-16-2007 at 12:44 AM.