Looking for the best lowering module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230Kompressor
Looking for the best lowering module

Hello all.

I currently have a C230 but looking into getting some rims for the car. Looking at 19's or 20's. Can anyone here recommend lowering module kits?

And is there a shop that any of you guys can recommend in Miami to do this type of work?

PS. I am getting the 08 C63 this summer and I would like to transfer the lowering kit and wheels to the C63. Do you guys think that the C230 and C63 suspension is compatible?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:25 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you have coil springs, which will require replacing them with shorter aftermarket coil springs...lowering modules do not work on the C-class...
Old 11-24-2007, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Hey SR
welcome to the board. 19 is about as much you wold want to go. 20 will require some fender rolling and some serious modification. Besides the roads here in SoFla can be brutal esp with all hte construction in downtown.

Lots of choices here. Look at the aftermarket picture thread on c class forum. Also try ebay. I just put on new rims last week and love them. We have a local c class gtg every month here in the 305. Where abouts in Miami are you?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:30 PM
SPONSOR

by the way, i am running H&R springs and sway bars without issue, but i did get a little bit of rubbing with 19" wheels...the rubbing will depend on wheel size, offset and tire sizing...i would definitely make sure you buy something that has already been tested or make sure you get it test fitted locally after your car has been lowered...
Old 11-24-2007, 10:41 PM

C230Kompressor
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Hey SR
welcome to the board. 19 is about as much you wold want to go. 20 will require some fender rolling and some serious modification. Besides the roads here in SoFla can be brutal esp with all hte construction in downtown.

Lots of choices here. Look at the aftermarket picture thread on c class forum. Also try ebay. I just put on new rims last week and love them. We have a local c class gtg every month here in the 305. Where abouts in Miami are you?
Thanks for the welcome and the advice! I definitely will take a look at those sites. Not sure which rims yet... Thinking about HRE's but I feel like they are a bit played out. Know what I mean? not sure if I should lower the car but probably would look funky if I didn't....

I am in N.Miami. Just moved here.

Do you guys have any MB meets or street racing? (you can PM me about that...)
Old 11-24-2007, 10:44 PM

C230Kompressor
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
by the way, i am running H&R springs and sway bars without issue, but i did get a little bit of rubbing with 19" wheels...the rubbing will depend on wheel size, offset and tire sizing...i would definitely make sure you buy something that has already been tested or make sure you get it test fitted locally after your car has been lowered...
Thanks for the tip. The last car I had I put in coilovers and just assumed that all cars needed lowering modules.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by SpeedRazer
I am in N.Miami. Just moved here.

Do you guys have any MB meets or street racing? (you can PM me about that...)
We sometimes go to the Opa Locka track (nearby) which is 1/8th mile

I'm in NMB too . We have a euromeet next week Sunday morning. A few of us C class owners always get together to shoot the sh*t
Old 11-24-2007, 11:17 PM

C230Kompressor
Originally Posted by moosejaw
We sometimes go to the Opa Locka track (nearby) which is 1/8th mile

I'm in NMB too . We have a euromeet next week Sunday morning. A few of us C class owners always get together to shoot the sh*t
NICE! I will try to make it not sure if I'll be in town. I would like to meet fellow MB fanatics ... My car is bone stock though. But would love to see everyone's car.

Last edited by SpeedRazer; 11-25-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:48 PM
SPONSOR

Thanks for the tip. The last car I had I put in coilovers and just assumed that all cars needed lowering modules.

no worries, we have coilovers available on our website if you are interested...or, if i can help with anything else i will be glad to, just let me know...
Old 11-25-2007, 12:06 AM

C230Kompressor
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
no worries, we have coilovers available on our website if you are interested...or, if i can help with anything else i will be glad to, just let me know...
Thanks 1FASTC32, Where are you guys located?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:07 AM
SPONSOR

Thanks 1FASTC32, Where are you guys located?
We are located in Houston, TX...Thanks!