C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New C32 Green filters here for $40.26 each!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
K&N's for $59.95

Parts train has K&N drop in's (set of 2) for $59.95.

https://www.partstrain.com
Old 12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Chazz
I still haven't found the cleaning kits for cheap. Any suggestions?
Have you looked? They are all over the place for sale from $9 - $15.
CLICK HERE
Old 12-01-2008, 10:03 AM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
i have a set for sale clean oiled and ready to install $60 shipped
Old 12-01-2008, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pullejo

Seems like the economy is forcing lower pricing..good find!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Chazz
I still haven't found the cleaning kits for cheap. Any suggestions?

If you want my unresearched opinion..buy only the Green filter oil but get the K&N cleaner...it does a better job at cleaning the Green filters...I have both and they work better at cleaning the GF then the cleaner for the GF doesn't clean as fast or as deep.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
Originally Posted by c32used
If you want my unresearched opinion..buy only the Green filter oil but get the K&N cleaner...it does a better job at cleaning the Green filters...I have both and they work better at cleaning the GF then the cleaner for the GF doesn't clean as fast or as deep.

Nothing like SIMPLE GREEN!! does the job. just make sure it's diluted to the proper mix ratio.

top it off when dry with PAM non-stick garlic flavor.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by 60n5pt1
Nothing like SIMPLE GREEN!! does the job. just make sure it's diluted to the proper mix ratio.

top it off when dry with PAM non-stick garlic flavor.
Ok...I am interested in trying this with both my GF and K&N so post how to please with all materials needed.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:00 PM

Simple Green works, too

Originally Posted by c32used
Ok...I am interested in trying this with both my GF and K&N so post how to please with all materials needed.

Seriously, it's one part Simple Green, 4 parts water.
Spray all over once, then rinse.
Spray all over again, let it sit 1 - 2 hours in a well ventilated open space, then rinse well.
Spray whatever oil you guys use (K&Ns, Green Filter) after filter is dry.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Well, after all this filter and cleaning talk, I decided to take a peek at my green filters after work today to see if they needed cleaning. Wouldn't you know it, this is what I found....
Hard to tell from the pictures, but the one is obviously damaged. The strip was somehow laying on top of the filter. I am also mysteriously missing 2 screws to the filter boxes on each side. This was not how it was when I last put them in. Since then, the only thing I can think of is the $(#(*#ers at the dealership installed the phenolic spacers for me and may have jacked something up while they were in there and then lost some of my screws. The second filter is also coming apart at the seam, though it's hard to see in the pictures. I will be emailing these to the guys at Green and contacting my dealership for my damn screws.
I just completed my order on a new set of K&Ns from partstrain.com
Attached Thumbnails New C32 Green filters here for .26 each!-damaged-green-filters-001.jpg   New C32 Green filters here for .26 each!-damaged-green-filters-002.jpg   New C32 Green filters here for .26 each!-damaged-green-filters-003.jpg   New C32 Green filters here for .26 each!-damaged-green-filters-004.jpg   New C32 Green filters here for .26 each!-damaged-green-filters-005.jpg  

Old 12-01-2008, 09:15 PM

Silver 02 C32 & White 05 CLK500
C32 used, since you had used both green filters and k&n, can you please tell me with which ones did the car feel faster? I am also worried of the issue with the green filters melting, so I am kind of leaning towards k&ns. I took out one of my stock filters, and there was dirt and leaves falling off of it. I need to buy new air filters asap I am just wondering which ones would be better for the car and would yield more power.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
in c32used's tests on the filters, his car was faster with the greens than with the K&Ns. there are some noted issues with the greens falling apart on these cars and in the 55s. I would play it safe and go with K&Ns. the difference in the two filters is marginal when you do other mods and IMO it isnt worth the risk of parts of filter being broken up and sucked up.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by jturkel
in c32used's tests on the filters, his car was faster with the greens than with the K&Ns. there are some noted issues with the greens falling apart on these cars and in the 55s. I would play it safe and go with K&Ns. the difference in the two filters is marginal when you do other mods and IMO it isnt worth the risk of parts of filter being broken up and sucked up.
Thank you jturkel. I am ordering the K&Ns right now. If the difference in power is almost negligent, I am definitely not going to risk it.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:49 PM

Thumbs down Failing Green Filters

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Well, after all this filter and cleaning talk, I decided to take a peek at my green filters after work today to see if they needed cleaning. Wouldn't you know it, this is what I found....
Hard to tell from the pictures, but the one is obviously damaged. The strip was somehow laying on top of the filter. I am also mysteriously missing 2 screws to the filter boxes on each side. This was not how it was when I last put them in. Since then, the only thing I can think of is the $(#(*#ers at the dealership installed the phenolic spacers for me and may have jacked something up while they were in there and then lost some of my screws. The second filter is also coming apart at the seam, though it's hard to see in the pictures. I will be emailing these to the guys at Green and contacting my dealership for my damn screws.
I just completed my order on a new set of K&Ns from partstrain.com

There have been too many posts regarding the disintegrating of these Green Filters. One too many.
I've experienced it myself, the results fairly similar to SilverBulletAMG's.
The miniscule time advantage on the track just isn't worth the possible damage to the engine IMHO if these filters fail while in operation.

I thought this was acknowledged by Green Filter USA and have come out with an improved design.
Apparently not.
I have reinstalled my K&Ns since then. Unfortunately, I don't have my receipt
for a refund or an exchange.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
My first set of greeens failed as well.. They did give me a new set.. Hopefully, this will last long as they said it would.

For cleaners, contact the forum's sponser.. eurotek motorsports
Old 12-03-2008, 08:06 PM

Beware of this deal... 2 filters for 59.95 which comes out to be 65.00. It is actually one filter only. I just got the package in the mail and I am really disappointed. I contacted them and they told me that it was an error on the website and they meant 1 filter out of 2. Their customer service sucks and I am still on hold. I cant believe I paid 65$ for 1 filter.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by alkrstev
Beware of this deal... 2 filters for 59.95 which comes out to be 65.00. It is actually one filter only. I just got the package in the mail and I am really disappointed. I contacted them and they told me that it was an error on the website and they meant 1 filter out of 2. Their customer service sucks and I am still on hold. I cant believe I paid 65$ for 1 filter.
Now that's an issue. I have a supposed SET coming in the mail which should be here tomorrow or Friday. If what you're saying is true, I'm not accepting the package and getting a refund.
Their fault it's listed wrong. They need to fix their listing and honor those that have already placed an order based on their advertisement.
Please post the number and name of any individual you are dealing with there. I will be calling as well.

Edit: I just looked at their add again. This is the direct quote, "1 Set of Two Filters". Pretty hard to misunderstand that. I just emailed their sales and customer support dept.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 12-03-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Now that's an issue. I have a supposed SET coming in the mail which should be here tomorrow or Friday. If what you're saying is true, I'm not accepting the package and getting a refund.
Their fault it's listed wrong. They need to fix their listing and honor those that have already placed an order based on their advertisement.
Please post the number and name of any individual you are dealing with there. I will be calling as well.

Edit: I just looked at their add again. This is the direct quote, "1 Set of Two Filters". Pretty hard to misunderstand that. I just emailed their sales and customer support dept.
You are right SilverBulletAMG. It does say 1 SET(set means two or more) of two filters... 2 REQUIRED. I just decided to keep the one I did get in the mail and I ordered another one through auto-zone. Their customer service sucks. They put me on hold for 15 minutes because I tried to return the product they sent me. They told me that I understood wrong and that it says only one filter. The whole deal is a lie. They did that false advertisement on purpose and put a price down that seems like a great deal for two filters, but it is actually a really S****Y deal for 1 filter. I suggest that you contact them through phone silverbulletamg.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
You are right SilverBulletAMG. It does say 1 SET(set means two or more) of two filters... 2 REQUIRED. I just decided to keep the one I did get in the mail and I ordered another one through auto-zone. Their customer service sucks. They put me on hold for 15 minutes because I tried to return the product they sent me. They told me that I understood wrong and that it says only one filter. The whole deal is a lie. They did that false advertisement on purpose and put a price down that seems like a great deal for two filters, but it is actually a really S****Y deal for 1 filter. I suggest that you contact them through phone silverbulletamg.
They also list a "low price guarantee" so they should match/beat any others price if that's the case. If I don't get an email back by tomorrow, I'll call and cancel my order which I haven't received yet and dispute the charge. Easy (yet unfortunate) fix if need be.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:51 AM

For all you c32 guys that run k&n's, have you ever had a problem with them damaging the MAF sensor? I am asking because I did some research and they are saying that the k&N oil will cause damage to the sensor. This is the link:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211...r-filters.html
Old 12-04-2008, 06:36 AM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Our C32 cars dont have a MAF sensor.
For all you c32 guys that run k&n's, have you ever had a problem with them damaging the MAF sensor? I am asking because I did some research and they are saying that the k&N oil will cause damage to the sensor. This is the link:

Old 12-04-2008, 06:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG

I have been running them for 3+ years. NO problems. People have problems if they over oil them and dont let them dry long enough. You should not have a problem with it.

And like said below your post, we do not have MAF sensors. we have MAP sensors.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by jturkel
I have been running them for 3+ years. NO problems. People have problems if they over oil them and dont let them dry long enough. You should not have a problem with it.

And like said below your post, we do not have MAF sensors. we have MAP sensors.
Thanks, Jturkel. I already ordered them and should get them in a few days.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
... are always a good time.

Looks like the website is down... Obvisously they are crooked and making the fixes before it gets out of hand.

Otherwise, I hope you get your second filter. Bug the **** out of them. In this economy they cant afford any bad rap.

I will shop elsewhere. They sound crooked and very unprofessional.

Miguel
Old 12-05-2008, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Calspeed
Looks like the website is down... Obvisously they are crooked and making the fixes before it gets out of hand.

Otherwise, I hope you get your second filter. Bug the **** out of them. In this economy they cant afford any bad rap.

I will shop elsewhere. They sound crooked and very unprofessional.

Miguel
Believe me, I have been causing them a nightmare. Site is down for a reason.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
im confused? so when purchasing air filters, for $41 is that just ONE filter or is that $41 for he pair?? thanks guys?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New C32 Green filters here for $40.26 each!