Bixenon Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Bixenon Problem

I was having a problem with the beam pattern on my bixenons and I noticed when I was trying to adjust them that the projector, I'm assuming that's what the part is, is loose. If I tap the headlight the projector will shake or move. I took off the back cover off of the low beam light to see if I could see anything, but it's difficut to see because it's the driver's side head light. I noticed that I can move the piece with my hand.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix this problem and if anyone can give me any suggestions. Thanks

Here is a pic with the part that is loose circled in red. I think that piece is called the projector.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENNtech C32 AMG
Please don't tell us it's made by DEPO from Ebay. If so just return it right away and walk away, if the seller agrees to refund. If not, I hope you can have it swapped. It's not fun to bake the headlights open and mess with the projector. You can always try some epoxy if you can't get it replaced, but it wont be easy to get it to stay in a perfect beam while the glue dries, especially since it's colder now. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:03 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by loudandheard
I was having a problem with the beam pattern on my bixenons and I noticed when I was trying to adjust them that the projector, I'm assuming that's what the part is, is loose. If I tap the headlight the projector will shake or move. I took off the back cover off of the low beam light to see if I could see anything, but it's difficut to see because it's the driver's side head light. I noticed that I can move the piece with my hand.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix this problem and if anyone can give me any suggestions. Thanks

Here is a pic with the part that is loose circled in red. I think that piece is called the projector.
if these are factory, then i posted up some info about fixing this problem a while back, just search under my screen name and bixenon...

or, you can give me a call and come by tomorrow, it takes about 30 seconds to fix...

let me know if you have any questions...