C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

!!! LETMotorsports C32 Twin Turbo Project !!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where can I accquire an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the M112 engine?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM

SRT 6
Congrats Erick! That is awesome.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:52 PM

E 240
Updates, going to order a IPT transmission.

Originally Posted by e240TT
no idea about LET, but i have an update on mine, As we have the hot tropical weather here, the oil cooler for engine and transmission which is inbuilt to the radiator is no longer practical , for transmission wise, its currently being replaced with a transmission cooler unit from bmw e60 530i, small enough and there is just a good nice o space to fit it, between the air-air intercooler and the radiator, a radiator is being custom made right now, my car originaly has a single core unit and we feel we need a twin core unit, as for the engine oil cooler, we took of the mercedes oil cooler housing, machined an adaptor, and currently fitting it with a japanese type toyota oil cooler , blocked the water hose that cools the engine oil, and then we route it to a air-air unit as well using a HKS oil cooler core which is relatively short and longer in length (just nice for being feeded with air directly from the amg front bumper. "bear in mind i am working on a W211 E240", the powermod ecu i had works, originaly this engine makes 177hp/260nm on papers, on dynojet stockm it made 142hp/203nm , its runing relatively lean , like 14.7 in closed loop and in the end of 14's during full throttleon the high rev section, which we all feel its Lean for our fuel here, we only have 97ron. We got the vehicle to run 12.8a/f ratio confirmed with dynojet and motec wideband throughout the high revs, and advanced the ignition by quite a bit and end up getting 154hp/215nm on wheels with great pull on the mid to high range, so now the cars feel lighter as well, tested it out for quite some time, thrashed it around, and no check light, so i think this ecu is good to go. The manifold is still being custom'ed right now, after that we need to do pipings and so on, i am using 2 units of dual ball bearing from the s15 silvia, its a great unit capable of doing about 260hp at about 1.2bar, but obviously i am going to run it at about 0.8bar , longer life for the turbo as well. the original actuator will be retained, and a haltech boost control solenoid will be wired to the powermod unit to control boost by rpm/gear. The problem i have now is finding a suitable intercooler, as space down there is quite limited, due to the not so tall opening at the bottom of the amg bumper, i need to find a long and short intercooler good for running twin turbos, i.e down flow intercooler which is not so popular here, so i may have to search from other countries, The material used for the manifold and the downpipes apparently to be shedule 10 , or whatever they call it, cause thats what the shop name it, 3mm thickness. 2 unit of bmc carbon dynamic airbox would be used as the intake, utilizing the original intake area from the vehicle and feeding it through the airbox directly to the turbo, open pod should be better but i want quiet, hissing sound would make the one on the passenger seat scream at me. technically there is enough space for low mount turbo set up on the w211, but thats the other story with w203 though.

after the pipings/manifold/turbo bolt on/oil return and so on its done, the whole engine will be taken apart to see what we need change, conrods/pistons is a must, but now i worry the aluminium engine block wouild not be able to take the boost, so i would need to get some good piston sleeves as well, meanwhile we are still deciding which compression ratio to run at as we do not want to sacrifice low end too much, u know the vehicle will still be daily city driving with extra power when we need it. after discussion i am keeping the cc at original 2.6 and just boost it from there, hoping to get a 350hp on engine, u know kleemann made 260hp on engine with their supercharger at 0.5bar ? this is ball bearing turbo boost we are talking about :P

we are also thinking to relocate the ignition coils as its just too hot in our weather here.

Wish me success guys, no photos until the thing is nearly done.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by splinter
That’s fantastic news, Erick! Congratulations!!

We’ll cut you some slack this time...family before cars is okay by me.
I got my family because of my cars.................... Dont ask!!!

Glenn
Old 04-30-2008, 10:18 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here are some new pics, long awaited i know, but as most of you know i have been a little distracted...

we have decided to take this project a different direction, here are some very raw pics of what we will be doing with the turbos now in terms of placement...the end result will be unbelievable!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:27 PM

C55 AMG
Looks great! Are you going to coat the hotside with anything to avoid any heat related problems?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:28 PM

03 c32
Erick - You just made my night

Last edited by AirFrcd; 04-30-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:31 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by folex187
Looks great! Are you going to coat the hotside with anything to avoid any heat related problems?
of course, i would not leave them uncoated, that would not be very good for the paint on the hood...

once the custom manifolds get done, i will send everything off to get coated...
Old 04-30-2008, 10:34 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by AirFrcd
Erick - You just made my night
thanks, now i should probably go try and get something done on this thing so that it will actually get done one of these days...
Old 04-30-2008, 11:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
Christ almighty.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Darn that looks mean...If I stay with my car I will consider that route...wonder if Jerry knows a good insxpensive place to install it?

Old 04-30-2008, 11:47 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
Christ almighty.
well, not exactly...

we are also waiting on a couple of custom air/water intercoolers to come in as well, as soon as they arrive, i will begin mounting everything in place...

i will be able to provide weekly updates now as this will be the priority until it is finished...
Old 04-30-2008, 11:52 PM

2001 E55 Estate
May I ask what you will you use to tune the end set up? Stand alone?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:53 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
well, not exactly...

we are also waiting on a couple of custom air/water intercoolers to come in as well, as soon as they arrive, i will begin mounting everything in place...

i will be able to provide weekly updates now as this will be the priority until it is finished...
Hey Erick long time no talk, hope all is well and congrats to the new addition

You sure you still want to use a air to water aftercooler to reduce the intake
charge? Our C32 AMG's already suffering from the infamous IC leak because
of the added 4lbs increase. You and I know the heat build up from a turbo
is gonna be greater than the positive displacement charger, so I dunno why
you would go this route.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:10 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by neihouma
Hey Erick long time no talk, hope all is well and congrats to the new addition

You sure you still want to use a air to water aftercooler to reduce the intake
charge? Our C32 AMG's already suffering from the infamous IC leak because
of the added 4lbs increase. You and I know the heat build up from a turbo
is gonna be greater than the positive displacement charger, so I dunno why
you would go this route.
thanks Rey!

the water/air setup will be much more efficient than the factory intercooler setup for a number of reasons:

1. we are using 2 intercoolers that are sized properly according to the flow of the turbos...

2. they will not be sandwiched inbetween the supercharger (HEAT) and the engine (HEAT)...

3. they will have a seperate cooling system that will not be in line with the factory coolant system...

hopefully that helps to clear it up...
Old 05-01-2008, 12:11 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by TheMadDutchman
May I ask what you will you use to tune the end set up? Stand alone?
we can do all of our tuning in house now, so i will be doing the tuning here, the factory computer will be sufficient...
Old 05-01-2008, 12:19 AM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
of course, i would not leave them uncoated, that would not be very good for the paint on the hood...

once the custom manifolds get done, i will send everything off to get coated...
Nice are you going to do the downpipes and all or will a wrap be sufficient on them? I can just picture that all powdercoated to match the car or in a nice red. Wow it's going to look good.

Are you going to leave the filters directly on the snails or are you going to offer some kind of CAI style also. I'm kind of wishing I went the C32 route now.. Maybe when this is all finished we can use my car for mock up on a c55 application
Old 05-01-2008, 12:33 AM
SPONSOR

Nice are you going to do the downpipes and all or will a wrap be sufficient on them? I can just picture that all powdercoated to match the car or in a nice red. Wow it's going to look good.

Are you going to leave the filters directly on the snails or are you going to offer some kind of CAI style also. I'm kind of wishing I went the C32 route now.. Maybe when this is all finished we can use my car for mock up on a c55 application

yes, everything will be coated AND, the nice thing about going this route is that it will bolt up the factory exhaust and be completely emissions legal...

we will probably play with the filter placement, that pic is just to give everyone an idea of where we are heading...

when we are finished, just send your car over, we will be glad to get a TT setup done on your car...
Old 05-01-2008, 12:36 AM

C55 AMG
Don't tempt me! If I were to go TT I would set up a nice cut-out system right off each DP so I could run them open when "needed"
Old 05-01-2008, 12:40 AM
SPONSOR

Don't tempt me! If I were to go TT I would set up a nice cut-out system right off each DP so I could run them open when "needed"

we could incorporate that as well into your system...
Old 05-01-2008, 12:44 PM

E 240
Great
Old 05-01-2008, 12:50 PM

E 240
Great, btw erick, with that turbo placement, won't the heat affect the ignition coils ? or you are going to relocate those as well ?
Old 05-01-2008, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
I like this setup better. Looking forward for the results.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
i love it. It looks very mencing
Old 05-01-2008, 10:31 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by e240TT
Great, btw erick, with that turbo placement, won't the heat affect the ignition coils ? or you are going to relocate those as well ?

i am going to relocate those, but i am going to wait until i get the turbos mounted before i determine where i will mount them...

got a call from Marty P today and he turned me on to some really nice heat blanket material for a couple of different areas under the hood...looking forward to getting that sample Marty!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: !!! LETMotorsports C32 Twin Turbo Project !!!