Ray - Just sell him the whole damn car. I know breaking up is hard to do
Donn the parts that I'm selling are NEW / NEVER installed! They were for my
white 94 332is / 96 M3 supercharged but I sold both cars before I got to
install them!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:09 PM
OPM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AWDman
OPM yes i hear yah. i have "unfinished business" with the c32 and do intend to run in 2008. bear in mind she was never a track car per se but a road car i tracked.

i think bud4ya you and i should plan to attend the 1st scda track day at lime rock. that should be in early april.
Yea, I knew C32 is your DD that you took to HPDE. I was selfishly suggesting that instead of M3 you turn C32 into a track car. Yes it will be more expensive (about $15-20K). Yes it will be much harder (fewer people to give advice and much less aftermarket support). However, it will also be much more rewarding because there will be few like it. That’s why I turned my prior DD S4 into a track car instead of going the usual route of M3, 944T, etc. Yes there is much more support for S4 than C32, but a number of parts on my car are one of a kind or prototypes. And although plenty of S4s are heavily moded and many attend HPDE, there are about a dozen modified to the level of mine and most of those belong to race teams. Building it was/still is fun; running/testing it is pure bliss. But as I said, I totally understand your choice. It is absolutely logical.

A joint event with SCDA sounds like fun. However, early April might be problematic especially during a workday. Also, LRP is fine – I have not been there in years and it’s time to go. However, I rather do LRP during their annual June 2day weekend event. Early in the season NHIS would be preferred. If it’s rainy or cold there are garages, classrooms and dinner. Of course the track itself is much more fun. Lets plan it after they post 2008 schedule.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
and there she is

4 dr, 5 spd, sans sunroof. perfect. i really like this car. dammit april can't come soon enough.
Attached Thumbnails Any good places to try in NH or MA-dsc00884.jpg   Any good places to try in NH or MA-dsc00885.jpg   Any good places to try in NH or MA-dsc00886.jpg   Any good places to try in NH or MA-dsc00887.jpg  
Old 01-06-2008, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Guys scda has announced 2008 schedule. http://www.scda1.com/schedule/

Rey, pm me what you have for e36.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:53 PM

C32 AMG
4 dr, 5 spd, sans sunroof. perfect. i really like this car. dammit april can't come soon enough.
What year and how much? Just wondering cuz I sold my E36 M3/4 last year.
Congrats.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
OPM

Congratulations. Looks like 97.

Is it just my imagination or SCDA’s schedule is getting progressively worse each year? Anyway, I cannot do LRP on Thursday, April 10th. However, if you are guys in I’ll be willing to commit to NHIS on Monday, April 14th. BTW, I also won’t be able to do:

WG Monday, April 28/29
NHIS Tuesday, May 27
LRP Tuesday, June 3
NHIS Thursday, October 16

All other days are a possibility. It seems the only LRP day I can make it is Wednesday, August 13th. However, I much rather do LPR with NEQ on Friday, June 13 and Saturday, June 14. Also, I am 99% sure I’ll be doing Calabogie with NEQ on Saturday, June 28 and Sunday, June 29.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OPM why don't you pm me an email addy? I have bud4ya's already. we have a bunch of guys about 7 of us that do track days. we maintain a spread sheet of events and chat cars on off. the guys have 2 gt3s, a vette, 2 evos in the mix. 2 are instructors (scda, mazdadrivers) we will welcome your input.

ian usually adds days into the season....but, if things run like last yr then the event to attend is the aug necc corvair lime rock TT. open track! http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/page2.html

that aug scda event was one of 3 i did in space of 5 weeks. that was too much and i plan to space them out this year. even thinking of trailering to miami to run events over nov through march.

Last edited by AWDman; 01-08-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by OPM
Yea, I knew C32 is your DD that you took to HPDE. I was selfishly suggesting that instead of M3 you turn C32 into a track car. Yes it will be more expensive (about $15-20K). Yes it will be much harder (fewer people to give advice and much less aftermarket support). However, it will also be much more rewarding because there will be few like it. That’s why I turned my prior DD S4 into a track car instead of going the usual route of M3, 944T, etc. Yes there is much more support for S4 than C32, but a number of parts on my car are one of a kind or prototypes. And although plenty of S4s are heavily moded and many attend HPDE, there are about a dozen modified to the level of mine and most of those belong to race teams. Building it was/still is fun; running/testing it is pure bliss. But as I said, I totally understand your choice. It is absolutely logical.
my main prob with c32 is that i will not be able to strip her down. that will just ruin the car plus my interior is in good shape. i estimate running costs for e36m3 will be 1/2 of c32. less tire wear, rotors should last plus i should use 1/2 the amount of gas. last yr i was running 100 or 104 octane every other event and it got expensive.

basically i want to push now....i can't afford to go off with c32. it's not a horibbly expensive car but should you tweak it, repairs are $$$.
i vacillate between wanting to track c32 some more but it doesn't make sense. all my time should be devoted to getting to know and developing the m3.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Did you decide if you are selling the C32?

my main prob with c32 is that i will not be able to strip her down. that will just ruin the car plus my interior is in good shape. i estimate running costs for e36m3 will be 1/2 of c32. less tire wear, rotors should last plus i should use 1/2 the amount of gas. last yr i was running 100 or 104 octane every other event and it got expensive.

basically i want to push now....i can't afford to go off with c32. it's not a horibbly expensive car but should you tweak it, repairs are $$$.
i vacillate between wanting to track c32 some more but it doesn't make sense. all my time should be devoted to getting to know and developing the m3.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:39 PM
OPM

PM sent.

Trust me; I totally understand the rationale behind M3. No question it will be easier and cheaper build. Of course the easiest and cheapest would be to buy someone else’s track car and rebuild it to your specs. $6-8K buys E30 M3, 951, 190E 16v, etc. Last year I almost bought fully built 951 with trailer for $6,800.

Anyway back on topic, I highly recommend you start setting up M3 asap. Every time you change things you have to relearn the car. I’ve made a mistake of building S4 over a few years and almost every other track event felt different because the car kept changing. I am doing bunch of work over this winter so next season I’ll be driving a “new” car again.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

bud4ya - i'm not sure. we talked about e55 the prices are really attractive now. i'll know in 6 weeeks. we can chat about my aftermarket parts at that point.

opm- i hear yah loud and clear. i intend to do entire suspension before tracking. engine mods will come later, if at all. way i figure, if i get her to 2600 lbs, the stock motor is good enough.....i know, famous last words!

i have my eye on moton club sports (prob coilover in rear). any other suggestions?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dkflipse
What year and how much? Just wondering cuz I sold my E36 M3/4 last year.
Congrats.

i pd 8900. it's a 1998. i think this price was very fair. e36 will prob get even cheaper by end nexy yr as e92 are purchased new and e46 flood the market also pushing down e36s...........
Old 01-11-2008, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
If you do NHIS let me know it is just up the road. Let me know about the parts and then I should know what my plans are. Been thinking of pulling the trigger on Ducati 999 or an R1 . Some days the V-Rod does not cut it.

bud4ya - i'm not sure. we talked about e55 the prices are really attractive now. i'll know in 6 weeeks. we can chat about my aftermarket parts at that point.

opm- i hear yah loud and clear. i intend to do entire suspension before tracking. engine mods will come later, if at all. way i figure, if i get her to 2600 lbs, the stock motor is good enough.....i know, famous last words!

i have my eye on moton club sports (prob coilover in rear). any other suggestions?
Old 01-11-2008, 11:04 PM
OPM

If you got major bucks Moton, Penske or Ohlins combined with Eibach or Hyperco is the way to go. If you are on a budget you might want to consider Ground Control. Although GC uses Koni, they put together well engineered kits. Setting up suspension is very tough. I would argue it’s the hardest part of the project to get right. You’ll be spending around $7K+. So read, read, read and then get pro help. Otherwise you’ll waste lots of time and money. Start by outlining the final goal for the car and list all the parts and steps it will take to get there. Suspension should be contemplated only after you get a precise vision of were you are going with the car. If you are building a serious ride that both rebound and compression adjustability is mandatory. If your budget allows getting a 4-way (hi/low speed) adjustable. It will make your life easier as you fine tune. Of course fine tuning is a major project on its own and is kind of pain in the ***.

Address the cooling issues, and let the engine breath. But the full engine build can wait. Do not plan to supercharge it. 2600lb is very realistic weight goal.