C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Dealer Scratches Rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Sorry to keep beating a dead horse here.

So I brought the car in this AM. The service manger called me last night and said she will not out anything in writing. She said I have to trust them. F’N joke but whatever . She said have I ever given you a reason not to trust us? I thought for a min and said YES you have. When I got my car back damaged and know one told me . She said you have no proof that we damaged the car. She said if her tech did something wrong he would of told her. Basically saying I brought the car in that way and she is doing me a favor. She said anyway I did not call to fight but to tell you we will take care of the rims to your sati.

After I dropped the car off this AM I thought about it a bit more and was going to call her back. I was going to say you mentioned your mech’s would tell you anything so they do not loose their job, correct? She will say yes. I will then say well if the mechanic pulled the wheels off the car and saw everyone damaged don’t you think he would of called you in and said hey look these were like this ? Wonder what she would say to that. But I am done fighting over this. I will see how they come back and take it from there.

Anyway thanks everyone. I gave up on the fighting and demands and said just fix them.

I did fight for the R Class. Now what do you think wifey has me going to look at this weekend. If I can work out a deal I will have to find out how much the R500 can tow. We tow a boat, snowmobiles and my motorcycle trailer. So I will have to find out if it has the nut to do it. I would say the heaviest would be the boat, which is around 5,000 LBS.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
aLL i HAVE TO SAY IS GET READY CAUSE TOW ABLE OR NOT YOU ALREADY GAVE YOUR WIFE THE bENZ EXPERIENCE AND AS LOVING HUSBANDS DO WELL SHE WILL GET THAT OR SOMETHING THAT COULD BUT MOST LIKELY BENZ...AS FOR THE SA WELL ITS KINDA BLUNT FOR HER TO BLAME THE POSSIBILLITY OF DAMAGE TO YOU MY BRNZ DEALER TAKES BEFORE PICS AT ACCEPTANCE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES....SO ASK PRIVATELY IF THEY DO ALSO. GOOD LUCK
Old 01-23-2008, 07:06 PM

2017 GLE 350 W4, 2016 C 300, 2012 E 350 W4 Lux, 2006 ML 350
Question SO... How'd it Go???

Originally Posted by bud4ya
Sorry to keep beating a dead horse here.

So I brought the car in this AM. The service manger called me last night and said she will not out anything in writing. She said I have to trust them. F’N joke but whatever . She said have I ever given you a reason not to trust us? I thought for a min and said YES you have. When I got my car back damaged and know one told me . She said you have no proof that we damaged the car. She said if her tech did something wrong he would of told her. Basically saying I brought the car in that way and she is doing me a favor. She said anyway I did not call to fight but to tell you we will take care of the rims to your sati.

After I dropped the car off this AM I thought about it a bit more and was going to call her back. I was going to say you mentioned your mech’s would tell you anything so they do not loose their job, correct? She will say yes. I will then say well if the mechanic pulled the wheels off the car and saw everyone damaged don’t you think he would of called you in and said hey look these were like this ? Wonder what she would say to that. But I am done fighting over this. I will see how they come back and take it from there.

Anyway thanks everyone. I gave up on the fighting and demands and said just fix them.

I did fight for the R Class. Now what do you think wifey has me going to look at this weekend. If I can work out a deal I will have to find out how much the R500 can tow. We tow a boat, snowmobiles and my motorcycle trailer. So I will have to find out if it has the nut to do it. I would say the heaviest would be the boat, which is around 5,000 LBS.
Did you call Rim Pro??

Is it Done???

The suspence is killing me...

Pictures??
Old 01-23-2008, 08:32 PM

I just got the call today and they said they should have them back Friday. They would like me to inspect them before they mount the tires. So if i get back from the business trip before they close on Friday i will go down and inspect them.

I am also just going to drop Rim Pro a call to see if they expect to have them delivered back to the dealer on Friday as the dealer was not positive. So i will give an update Friday night or Mon.

I hope so much they are right. I seem to have the worst of luck.

Originally Posted by paulybagadonuts
Did you call Rim Pro??

Is it Done???

The suspence is killing me...

Pictures??
Old 01-25-2008, 04:41 PM

Well I got the car back. The rims came out nice. To be honest I was not like wow when I saw it. Not that they came out bad but my rims were in like new cond before they scratched them. So they really were not that much brighter to my eye than what they were before. The car has never been driven in the snow so maybe that is the reason they were in such good cond.

So I said to the SA lay it on the line for me on what happened. He said after looking at your rims again we could tell the old machine did the damage. It was something with the rim and some arm on the machine. He asked me please not to say anything to the SM so I will not. It was just nice to know she knows that it was them who did it.

Thanks for everyones input. he said they just got a new machine about 2 weeks ago so that is what they are using now. Hmmmm wonder why
Old 01-25-2008, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by bud4ya
Well I got the car back. The rims came out nice. To be honest I was not like wow when I saw it. Not that they came out bad but my rims were in like new cond before they scratched them. So they really were not that much brighter to my eye than what they were before. The car has never been driven in the snow so maybe that is the reason they were in such good cond.

So I said to the SA lay it on the line for me on what happened. He said after looking at your rims again we could tell the old machine did the damage. It was something with the rim and some arm on the machine. He asked me please not to say anything to the SM so I will not. It was just nice to know she knows that it was them who did it.

Thanks for everyones input. he said they just got a new machine about 2 weeks ago so that is what they are using now. Hmmmm wonder why
Old 01-25-2008, 07:22 PM

Oh ya got to have a nice little run with a guy in an older Mustang LX 5.0 vert. Needless to say from 50 to 110 (Forgot I had snows on) I put car lengths on him. All I could tell he had was exhaust not sure if anything else. When I slowed down he did the usual fly by circling his finger in the air like a smart *** wow. I just smiled had to be the new rims

Originally Posted by c32used
Old 01-27-2008, 06:07 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
Dammit i have just gone through this experience.

What has happened to me, Well i had to buy 2 new rear tyres and had them installed at the tyre shop, i saw the guy doing the tyre change and noticed he disappeared half way thru the tyre change. i thought how odd and the was a tyre laid out on top of my rim. So i went to investigate lifting the tyre off my rim and yes my nightmare began. There was a big gouge on the lip were the coating was stripped out. So called in the manager showed him the damage i demanded i recoating of the rim, he made his calls and agreed they will send the rim in for repairs. My problem is now when i receive this brand new sparkling looking rim, my other 3 that have 90000kms on them are gonna look rather odd. So who is gonna pay to have them looking all the same. i wish i could have brought that up when it all happened.

I suppose its to late for that now.

Anyway just to let you know that my rim (1) has been in for 2 days, and i am only getting it back hopefully monday they reckon.

Good luck
Old 01-27-2008, 07:10 PM

Too bad you could not have had them send the others out and get their dealer discount if you paid for the others. I guess they are only responsible for what they damaged but you bring up a good point now they do not match. Tuff situation I wish you luck.

Originally Posted by C32owner
Dammit i have just gone through this experience.

What has happened to me, Well i had to buy 2 new rear tyres and had them installed at the tyre shop, i saw the guy doing the tyre change and noticed he disappeared half way thru the tyre change. i thought how odd and the was a tyre laid out on top of my rim. So i went to investigate lifting the tyre off my rim and yes my nightmare began. There was a big gouge on the lip were the coating was stripped out. So called in the manager showed him the damage i demanded i recoating of the rim, he made his calls and agreed they will send the rim in for repairs. My problem is now when i receive this brand new sparkling looking rim, my other 3 that have 90000kms on them are gonna look rather odd. So who is gonna pay to have them looking all the same. i wish i could have brought that up when it all happened.

I suppose its to late for that now.

Anyway just to let you know that my rim (1) has been in for 2 days, and i am only getting it back hopefully monday they reckon.

Good luck