C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

SL55 / after market intake on C32...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soon to be C32
SL55 / after market intake on C32...

I heard it was possible to install the intake from an SL55 on the C32, and that its good for about 10hp? I'm curious, is there any way of getting this intake besides from the dealership? I know it would probably cost $500 from a MB dealership. Do you guys know of any good non MB after market intakes that will increase performance on the C32?

What do you guys think of this one, Its showing as an after market intake for the SL55, I'm wondering if it would be a direct fit and how much hp would be gained from this, the price looks great:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW
Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
I heard it was possible to install the intake from an SL55 on the C32, and that its good for about 10hp? I'm curious, is there any way of getting this intake besides from the dealership? I know it would probably cost $500 from a MB dealership. Do you guys know of any good non MB after market intakes that will increase performance on the C32?
There are a lot of good discussions on this topic - make sure you search the forum. In the meantime, here's one such link to get you started.

There are several sources for doing this mod - either by using OE SL55 parts or modified parts (check out Evosport and LET's websites). Either method will cost you significantly less than $500.

What do you guys think of this one, Its showing as an after market intake for the SL55, I'm wondering if it would be a direct fit and how much hp would be gained from this, the price looks great:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW
You would probably gain nothing. IMO, this product looks like complete and utter rubbish (the standard e-bay performance mods).
Old 01-14-2008, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
There are a lot of good discussions on this topic - make sure you search the forum. In the meantime, here's one such link to get you started.

There are several sources for doing this mod - either by using OE SL55 parts or modified parts (check out Evosport and LET's websites). Either method will cost you significantly less than $500.

+1