C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Today I got new tires and I couldnt believe what I heard!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55
Today I got new tires and I couldnt believe what I heard!

First of all I replaced my OEM tires with Yokohama Advan S.4 and WOW, what a difference in ride and noise. They are MUCH MUCH quieter and more supple feeling, yet I didnt detect any loss in handling. I drove the car for 60 miles so far even on some snow covered parking lots, definite improvement from stock Pirellis.

ANYWAY, my car goes in the service bay, I walk into the show room to nose around. I immediately gravitate to a brand new CLK63 black series sitting on the showroom floor (white in color, sticker price $139,315).

As Im thoroughly checking the CLK63 over (im on my hands and knees looking at the brakes), Im getting a "cold" look from 2 younger guys (probably 19 or 20 years old) at the table next to me. These 2 young men have the baggy pants and hoody sweatshirt/ airforce 1 Nike thing going on. They are talking to a salesmen, I keep looking at the car, but I kind of eves dropped in the conversation. I know for sure the one young man bought a new Benz, but im not sure which one. All the sudden this kid get totally irrate with the salesman and starts calling his dad. The salesmen gets up and hes practically running to his office.

When the kid hangs up I ask him if he bought a car today, he copped an attitude and said "ya the one your looking at". So, being the decent guy I am I congratulate him. All the sudden the salesman comes back and the kid is swearing at him saying " this is Fn BS, I got twice that amount in the bank, the check is good, what is your problem we are buying TWO of them". The salesman was trying to politely explain that he needs proof of Insurance to drive it out of the show room. The kid gets back on the phone yelling at his dad "I guess they dont take me serious here" says the kid.

SO now im in shock, a 20 year guy is buying not one but TWO CLK63 Black series AMGs. So, I hunted down my previous BMW salesman (inside the same building as Mercedes). He tells me that the kid signed for one and his dad wants one also but they are having trouble finding the second CLK63 Black because only 350 are shipped to the U.S.

I go back into the showroom and the kid is totally talking down to the salesman still. I was in total shock of the transaction and how it was being handled by the customer. I know for a fact that they are incredibly polite at this dealership, I would even say they kiss a$$ to the customers.

Personally I thought it would have been funny for the saleman to get fed up with the profanity and such and tell the kid to leave......but of course money talks!

BTW, the CLK63 amg Black series is absolutely STUNNING in person, pictures do not do it justice!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
great story. wish I could walk in and buy a black series
Old 01-16-2008, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 CLS450 4matic, 2013 CLS550 4matic (totaled), 2005 C55 (traded), & a Ford F150
They have MB dealers in WI? Just kidding, great story.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by Quick Silver
They have MB dealers in WI? Just kidding, great story.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C55
Now what would the mark-up on one of those be, probably $15 to $20K? The salesman will probably get 30% of that, then times two. Hmmm, would I let some spoiled punk yell at me knowing I could make $12K on the deal, probably so. I had one young and dirty customer once that nobody wanted to talk to, he wanted to buy a new Corvette ZR1 at the time. I read him pretty well and decided I'd take the guy out on a test drive, he falls in love with the car. I figured I'd make a chance and try to work out a deal. While doing the finance, we learned he made $40K... we asked "... um is that per year?" he replied " oh no, per month...". Turns out the guy had a concrete business and got into buying and selling houses... Ya never know who you're gonna get. I made around $2k on that deal, not bad for a day's work.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by duvee
First of all I replaced my OEM tires with Yokohama Advan S.4 and WOW, what a difference in ride and noise. They are MUCH MUCH quieter and more supple feeling, yet I didnt detect any loss in handling. I drove the car for 60 miles so far even on some snow covered parking lots, definite improvement from stock Pirellis.

ANYWAY, my car goes in the service bay, I walk into the show room to nose around. I immediately gravitate to a brand new CLK63 black series sitting on the showroom floor (white in color, sticker price $139,315).

As Im thoroughly checking the CLK63 over (im on my hands and knees looking at the brakes), Im getting a "cold" look from 2 younger guys (probably 19 or 20 years old) at the table next to me. These 2 young men have the baggy pants and hoody sweatshirt/ airforce 1 Nike thing going on. They are talking to a salesmen, I keep looking at the car, but I kind of eves dropped in the conversation. I know for sure the one young man bought a new Benz, but im not sure which one. All the sudden this kid get totally irrate with the salesman and starts calling his dad. The salesmen gets up and hes practically running to his office.

When the kid hangs up I ask him if he bought a car today, he copped an attitude and said "ya the one your looking at". So, being the decent guy I am I congratulate him. All the sudden the salesman comes back and the kid is swearing at him saying " this is Fn BS, I got twice that amount in the bank, the check is good, what is your problem we are buying TWO of them". The salesman was trying to politely explain that he needs proof of Insurance to drive it out of the show room. The kid gets back on the phone yelling at his dad "I guess they dont take me serious here" says the kid.

SO now im in shock, a 20 year guy is buying not one but TWO CLK63 Black series AMGs. So, I hunted down my previous BMW salesman (inside the same building as Mercedes). He tells me that the kid signed for one and his dad wants one also but they are having trouble finding the second CLK63 Black because only 350 are shipped to the U.S.

I go back into the showroom and the kid is totally talking down to the salesman still. I was in total shock of the transaction and how it was being handled by the customer. I know for a fact that they are incredibly polite at this dealership, I would even say they kiss a$$ to the customers.

Personally I thought it would have been funny for the saleman to get fed up with the profanity and such and tell the kid to leave......but of course money talks!

BTW, the CLK63 amg Black series is absolutely STUNNING in person, pictures do not do it justice!
Yes...$140k times two talks loud especially for commission Amazing what a dealership will put up with for the money...
Old 01-17-2008, 08:32 AM

'05 C55 AMG
Was that at Zimbrick by chance?

Trending Topics

Old 01-17-2008, 09:12 AM

C32 AMG
I hate it when people with money act like *****s!

Should've taken him out back later and done this to him

I hope somebody keys his car.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by dkflipse
I hate it when people with money act like *****s!

Should've taken him out back later and done this to him

I hope somebody keys his car.
Agree w/ the folding chair idea, but key the car???? That's just mean... it's not the CAR'S fault the soon-to-be owner's a ****.