C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Can Someone help with Rear LED Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
Can Someone help with Rear LED Lights

Wanted to buy LED tail lights for my C32. MB said the lights on the later models of C Class won't work on my 2002 C32 as it requires a different system.

Don't want to get the S-Class style LED tail lights which most company offers, anyone using an original C Class Style tail lights but in LED? Can you show mw the picture with all the lights on?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32AMG, 2007 E200K
Here in Korea there are shops that modify the light housings and fit LED's in the rear lights (turn signals and anywhere there is a bulb for that matter) for cars that don't have an aftermarket LED tail-light kit available.

What they do is fabricate a board with banks of LED's and install it into your factory housing.

Results are mixed because sometimes the LED's are so bright it is irritating. It really depends on the design of the original housing.

The picture is from an BMW E46. The reverse lights and the rear fogs (the central lights) were custom made by one of the shops that I mentioned. The turn signals and the brake lights were an after-market kit.

I thought about doing something similar to my C32...but rampant LED's are becoming an irritation on the road now...so maybe I'll do it just for the brake lights like it is on the stock lights on my E-Class.
Attached Thumbnails Can Someone help with Rear LED Lights-e46-led.jpg  
Old 01-31-2008, 01:38 AM

C32
Thank you

Seems like this is getting more complicated. Will hold on to it.

went through a thread saying that the tail lights were messed up, tons of messages showing up on the computer screen, took him days to fix.