EuroElites Mess

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by bud4ya
The bigger LET pulley is susposed to give you evn another 3 PSI over and beyond what the Evosport and ASP give you

See yeah
Old 02-07-2008, 01:40 PM
JKK
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi AS4
EuroElites Mess

It is too bad that this went the way it did. I think it is one of the risks of participating on forums as a biz because you want exposure to generate sales, however; once in the spotlight you need to take care of your customers.

My take on this event reiterates the fact that these cars are very sophisticated and some shops that start out representing a big tuner (Renntech, etc.) may think that tuning is easier than it really is. The big tuners spend ridiculous amounts of time and money to develop their products so they work properly. I have seen time and time again, shops that start out representing a tuner start to mix products to come up with their own “hot setup” with parts that were never engineered to work together. The result in many cases is a lot of damage or making the vehicle run worse than stock.

I would advise anyone looking to tune their vehicle to find a reputable tuner that does real research, development, engineering and stick with their products exclusively.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
The bigger LET pulley is susposed to give you evn another 3 PSI over and beyond what the Evosport and ASP give you
Don't get the ASP pulley, the quality of the build is terrible. I would stick to RennTech or Kleemann.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 S550
Thumbs down 1st Experience and Last!!

Month back I saw a post from Mr. Adam regarding Used Renntech Lowering Module for sale so I called him and arranged to buy. All of sudden when i called back next day to confirm he said that renntech module is no longer for sale. To me this is very unprofessional and against the work ethics.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:23 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I disagree. The quality of my ASP pulley is nice. They weld a new outer pulley to a machined stock hub so it might not be as pretty as a machined billet pulley. It is still the most reasonable. It does use a damper and you can take it on and off with the stock pulley holder tool. All some pretty nice pluses if you ask me.

Chuck
Old 02-07-2008, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by chuckactor
I disagree. The quality of my ASP pulley is nice. They weld a new outer pulley to a machined stock hub so it might not be as pretty as a machined billet pulley. It is still the most reasonable. It does use a damper and you can take it on and off with the stock pulley holder tool. All some pretty nice pluses if you ask me.

Chuck
Recently they have improved their pulley quality a little, but their first generation ones were very bad. At Evosport, we compared ASP, RennTech, and Evosport pullies before installing mine, but that was long time ago. Many people have also had some problems with the ASP pulley over on the E55 forums.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by JKK
It is too bad that this went the way it did. I think it is one of the risks of participating on forums as a biz because you want exposure to generate sales, however; once in the spotlight you need to take care of your customers.

I would advise anyone looking to tune their vehicle to find a reputable tuner that does real research, development, engineering and stick with their products exclusively.
It truely is a sad day for us modders, this I agree with 1,000,000 time over

STAY WITH SOMEONE YOU CAN TRUST

See yeah
Old 02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
JKK
Almost a Member!

Audi AS4
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
It truely is a sad day for us modders, this I agree with 1,000,000 time over

STAY WITH SOMEONE YOU CAN TRUST

See yeah
Unfortunately it is not just the modders. When I was with Dinan doing BMWs I had a new car dealer that was selling / adding the Schrick intake manifolds on the E36 M3 supercharger systems. They thought more air must be more better, however; without the proper software to compensate, the result was 3 blown engines. They were 3 for 3. My point is two different tuners with good product but, together without the engineering they made a big mess.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I truely agree with everybody that this is just too sad to read and watch especially the way the events took place

I really hope both sides can reach a satisfactory resolution and try to move on from this although I think it will be much harder for EuroElites to recover than for Ballzy and his cousin.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by JKK
Unfortunately it is not just the modders. When I was with Dinan doing BMWs I had a new car dealer that was selling / adding the Schrick intake manifolds on the E36 M3 supercharger systems. They thought more air must be more better, however; without the proper software to compensate, the result was 3 blown engines. They were 3 for 3. My point is two different tuners with good product but, together without the engineering they made a big mess.
Great point my friend, just because one is good, the two together don't always work beeter, or KABOOM. Its a package combo, ESPICALLY with todays electronic/limits of adjustability.

See yeah
Old 02-07-2008, 05:26 PM

E63, SL 550 Sport,C63 Coupe On the Way!!
Why hasnt Adam been on here to defend himself and his company?

Looks like he is finished who knows how many cars could have gone wrong and owners who are not forum members that we will never know about.

You just got to trust a reputable source, Renntech, Brabus are #1 in this country I dont care how much of a super discount others give its not worth the risk.

Correct me if I am wrong but did Renntech cut ties with Evotech for this reason?
Old 02-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
From what I know Adam @ Euro Elites has always been very helpful and I do suggest their company. When it comes to tuning, I think companies need many years of experience before working on these high-end cars. I wouldn't have a problem tuning a car, I'd just go with a reputable tuner thats been around for many years.

Just my $0.02.

-AS
Old 02-07-2008, 05:41 PM

E63, SL 550 Sport,C63 Coupe On the Way!!
Stealth Auto is right Adam isnt a bad guy everyone loves him he just got caught up with the wrong source and he is learning the hard way.

You cant become super tuner overnight, every buisness suffers growing pains.

Brabus didnt get where they are overnight did they?
Old 02-07-2008, 05:52 PM

14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
Man the more I read about it the more I'm Scared to tune. So Renntech Dropped them???
Old 02-07-2008, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Mathmik
Man the more I read about it the more I'm Scared to tune. So Renntech Dropped them???
Yes, according to RennTech, they dropped EuroElites, but according to EuroElites, they left RennTech.

RennTech claims that EvoTech started doing bad tunes and owed RennTech a lot of money. But EvoTech claims that RennTech owed them a ton of money from ECU tunes. At this point, nobody really knows what's going on except that RennTech and EvoTech has split sometime a year ago (maybe a little more).
Old 02-07-2008, 07:38 PM

SLK32
Originally Posted by BenzoManNY
You just got to trust a reputable source, Renntech, Brabus are #1 in this country I dont care how much of a super discount others give its not worth the risk.
Do your research there has been more than one issue with RENNtech, Kleeman, and Powerchips. There is no one that has an impeccable record with tuning. There are threads about all the tuners on this board.

I am running an Evotech tune on my car right now. Unfortunatly I do not currently have dyno numbers as I purchased the ECU as part of a number of tunes and the ECU has been tuned for all of those mods.

I do have the before numbers just waiting for the final piece of the puzzle for the after dyno.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:40 PM

2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Same here man. I was already to get the pulley and tune ordered up. Looks like I will just go with pulleys and no tune. Only side effect someone has mentioned is maybe something with the spark plugs but they are not sure. My mechanic did say he would not install any pulleys without a tune for the set I got. Not sure why he said that but he said you will do damage to your car. but not one person has told me that will happen with just a pulley set up and no tune.

So for me this year it will be pulleys and K&N's.

At least with the pulleys if they have to come off for some reason the car will be back to stock form and no trace of performance upgrades.

Originally Posted by Mathmik
Old 02-07-2008, 08:13 PM
JKK
Almost a Member!

Audi AS4
Originally Posted by 430
Do your research there has been more than one issue with RENNtech, Kleeman, and Powerchips. There is no one that has an impeccable record with tuning. There are threads about all the tuners on this board.

I am running an Evotech tune on my car right now. Unfortunatly I do not currently have dyno numbers as I purchased the ECU as part of a number of tunes and the ECU has been tuned for all of those mods.

I do have the before numbers just waiting for the final piece of the puzzle for the after dyno.
I agree. No tuners products are always perfect, however; the basis of the post was more about what happened after there was a problem or multiple problems. A good tuner not only does their homework for their own products but stands behind them when things go south.

I wouldn’t consider the shop in question as a “tuner” they are installers of other companies products. Most of the quality independent shops I know will not mix products because of the potential consequences. I don’t know how a shop can stand behind mixed modifications that were not engineered together and therefore can’t foresee the potential dangers.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Its just a pity how huge EE is being effected by this...even people who never heard of them will eventually be told by the he said she said crowd about the issue EE had thus bringing them down further....I am only one person but they treated me well thus far...I will have to get a data logger soon to make sure all is ok with my engine via the tune now...scary to think an ECU tune can cause so much damage...Adam I am hoping you are able to pull out of this cause maybe you feel against a wall right now as for Ballys55 well I hope you can recover from this also as well as your cousin...

Bud4ya I know a local member that is just running on ASP pullies.....and is very happy and no issues. I still recommend a larger heat exchanger and upgraded I/C pump with any pulley set...
Old 02-08-2008, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by JKK
I agree. No tuners products are always perfect, however; the basis of the post was more about what happened after there was a problem or multiple problems. A good tuner not only does their homework for their own products but stands behind them when things go south.

I wouldn’t consider the shop in question as a “tuner” they are installers of other companies products. Most of the quality independent shops I know will not mix products because of the potential consequences. I don’t know how a shop can stand behind mixed modifications that were not engineered together and therefore can’t foresee the potential dangers.
+1

RennTech has always stood behind their products. Yes there has been a couple of problems that rose in the past, but seems mainly due to faulty installs rather than a bad product. I've personally purchased RennTech products for my friend's SLK32 and I can attest to the quality and durability of the build. I know they are the most expensive tuner (which drives most people away), but they spend a big chunk of money on R&D to minimize such incidents.

RennTech's owner has worked as the AMG head technical director for 15+ years, and just recently they became the only authorized North American Dealer for the Mercedes-McLaren SLR 722 GT, so I know they're in bed with Mercedes and have close relationship with AMG, which makes them a very valuable tuner.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 02-08-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I know they are the most expensive tuner (which drives most people away)
Really? Whenever I've researched it personally, I've found that the european-based tuners are significantly more expensive than RennTech, whenever I've looked at "apples-to-apples" products from both. Brabus, Kleemann, etc. Don't specifically know about Carlsson, Lorinser, or MKB, but I'd assume they tend to be as well.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:31 AM

Think I am going to wait on the HE just till I go out of warranty next year. At least with just the pulleys they can be removed. I will give LET a call soon at least on the K&N's. Was also thinking about removing the res too but if they hear that they will go looking at what else is aftermarket. Going to try my best to get the IC pump replaced before I go out of warranty

Originally Posted by c32used
Its just a pity how huge EE is being effected by this...even people who never heard of them will eventually be told by the he said she said crowd about the issue EE had thus bringing them down further....I am only one person but they treated me well thus far...I will have to get a data logger soon to make sure all is ok with my engine via the tune now...scary to think an ECU tune can cause so much damage...Adam I am hoping you are able to pull out of this cause maybe you feel against a wall right now as for Ballys55 well I hope you can recover from this also as well as your cousin...

Bud4ya I know a local member that is just running on ASP pullies.....and is very happy and no issues. I still recommend a larger heat exchanger and upgraded I/C pump with any pulley set...
Old 02-08-2008, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab

Think I am going to wait on the HE just till I go out of warranty next year. At least with just the pulleys they can be removed. I will give LET a call soon at least on the K&N's. Was also thinking about removing the res too but if they hear that they will go looking at what else is aftermarket. Going to try my best to get the IC pump replaced before I go out of warranty
FYI, I don't see how a HE could void your engine warrenty

You could always say it was cracked, and you replaced it yourself.

Oh well, just a thought, since it is just a radiator my freind

See yeah
Old 02-08-2008, 09:24 AM

I just figured the less aftermarket pieces they see on the car the less the will look into it for other upgrades. But I see what you are saying also.

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
FYI, I don't see how a HE could void your engine warrenty

You could always say it was cracked, and you replaced it yourself.

Oh well, just a thought, since it is just a radiator my freind

See yeah
Old 02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Received this email from Adam last night.

Euroelites is now out of business.

Jim,

My friend, Tony and I decided to shut the shop. It's been nice to have you as a friend but we bled our sweat and tears for the good of everyone and yet every client stabbed us.

Thank you for your well wishes, this may be the last you hear from me

Adam
Thanks for the update Jakpro1

See yeah

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EuroElites Mess