C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Selling my cars, looking for opinions on pricing (C32 and C320 4matic wagon)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Selling my cars, looking for opinions on pricing (C32 and C320 4matic wagon)

I have the following cars that I'm going to be selling within weeks or so.

2002 C32 50k miles or so. Has has the common repairs, is in great shape, pampered, perfect interior and exterior - has some minor extras but I'm realistic about those.

2003 C320 4matic Wagon 60k miles. Great shape as well, interior and exterior like new.

Wondering what fair asking prices should be. I guess I was hoping to be in the realm of $20k for the C32 and $13k for the wagon, but I figure the collective here will have a better idea. I'm not looking to make any money, just making room.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:46 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would say realistically $18k for the C32...
Old 02-13-2008, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
i would say realistically $18k for the C32...
Damn, that's painful to hear. I thought 20k was pretty close.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 AM

2002 c32
Yeah, I actually don't think $20k is too far off. The ones that I've seen sold for $18k are more into the 80k miles range, but I don't have CPO and in the grand scheme it's within the tolerance I was expecting. I'm more confused about what to price my Wife's car at so I'll probably try the plain-jane W203 forums as well.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Your prices seem about right for what the market will bear. GL with the sales.

Is this at all related to the new home you are building? When I saw the plans, it looked as if you were making even more space for the all-important garage. Thank you for all your helpful and humorous posts. Especially enjoyed the spring installation where you resorted to the ‘commercial’ compressor to get the task completed. Good stuff!

Saddens us to see you’re moving on, but that’s life. Best wishes.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by splinter
Your prices seem about right for what the market will bear. GL with the sales.

Is this at all related to the new home you are building? When I saw the plans, it looked as if you were making even more space for the all-important garage. Thank you for all your helpful and humorous posts. Especially enjoyed the spring installation where you resorted to the ‘commercial’ compressor to get the task completed. Good stuff!

Saddens us to see you’re moving on, but that’s life. Best wishes.
Hey Bif, what he says^.

Best wishes on the sales.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:55 AM

2002 c32
Many thanks for the well-wishes guys! I've just learned over the last couple years how I want to work cars. My original intention was to have the C32 be a project to make fast and mod and stuff, but it's not a great platform for it (the LET stuff is promising and exciting for sure, but it's coming too late for me) so I got the S4 for modding and making fast, much cheaper to mod, more support for the 2.7t on all levels and more potential than our cars. So I'm keeping that as my toy/track/modding car. Plus it's a stick - the AMG will never be a stick - great for cruising and taking my wife out, not great for the track IMHO - but I'll always be an AMG nutter at heart so I think I want a CLS55 or a C63 and I'll leave it more or less stock - at the very least it won't be my focus for automotive tinkering. That said, as it turns out I might be keeping the C32 into next year - there are some AMG track events that we're planning in my area so I gotta represent Maybe there will be some used C63s on the market by Spring '09

We just had our third so the C320 ain't cutting it when the whole clan needs to go somewhere - so we're getting an 08 Suburban OR a mini-van or some such - even my wife hates mini-vans, but we're going to hold our noses long enough to at least check them out.