Looking for a few cosmetic parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Looking for a few cosmetic parts

I'm looking for an all black grille for a 2005 Crr, also looking for black badges (black C55 and black AMG) and for a long shot I'm looking for a black Mercedes hood ornament too to help put my ideas in motion for this car.
All in all I tring to go with Black rims w/ crome lip. and black grille and badges. Think it should look good if i ever get around to doing it.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
found the AMG in black on ebay
Old 03-27-2008, 10:52 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
You could just paint your OEM stuff. There's a guy on the W204 forum who is taking a C class and blacking it out--I'm pretty sure he's just having a shop paint his emblems/badges/hood ornament.

Here's the thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/230920-doin-work-c350-19in-rims-tint-painting-grill-new-lights-exhaust-spoilers-n-more.html
Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by cdd
You could just paint your OEM stuff. There's a guy on the W204 forum who is taking a C class and blacking it out--I'm pretty sure he's just having a shop paint his emblems/badges/hood ornament.

Here's the thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=230920
I think your right Rather than buy them i might have them painted. is painting the grille a bad idea?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
It has to be done right. Remember, the grill absorbs every little thing off the road (sand, rocks, etc), and much like the rest of the nose of the car it's prone to chip and show signs of wear much more than the side panels. I'd make absolutely certain the shop doing the work can show evidence of proper prep work and the adhesion processes. You might want to compare pricing on the two methods as well. It could be relatively close in price to get one that's black by initial design and less likely to have future cosmetic issues, rather than painting your stock version.
It can certainly be done either way, but just do a little research before locking into one or the other.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by JToups386
It has to be done right. Remember, the grill absorbs every little thing off the road (sand, rocks, etc), and much like the rest of the nose of the car it's prone to chip and show signs of wear much more than the side panels. I'd make absolutely certain the shop doing the work can show evidence of proper prep work and the adhesion processes. You might want to compare pricing on the two methods as well. It could be relatively close in price to get one that's black by initial design and less likely to have future cosmetic issues, rather than painting your stock version.
It can certainly be done either way, but just do a little research before locking into one or the other.
thats good info. seems most of your posts have good info in them