C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

FS - Methanol Injection Kit with Controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
FS - Methanol Injection Kit with Controller

Top of the Line model. I purchased this for $500 + tax + shipping. Make me an offer. For those C32s or E55s running high boost, this is the perfect cooling system. Been on the car less than a year. Model: Stage II (Vari-Cool Controller kit). Visit http://www.coolingmist.com for more details.

Much safer than Nitrous. Here's a few links describing the benefits of alcohol/methal injection kits. http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...c22/index.htmlhttp://www.aquamist.co.uk/ http://www.alcohol-injection.com/wat...ection-kits-1/ http://www.snowperformance.net/

Last edited by AMGSC; 04-02-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENNtech C32 AMG
whats your price for this used one? What size nozzles are with the kit? I'll be in the market for one when I get the tax refund here in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by calimax
whats your price for this used one? What size nozzles are with the kit? I'll be in the market for one when I get the tax refund here in a couple of weeks.
I am only selling it because Vadim won't tune for it since I wanted to switch it off and on depending if I want to track/race it or drive around town with it off.

The temp drops and power gains are very noticeable. At WOT on back to back to back dyno runs, the temps never exceeded 102F.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Top of the Line model. I purchased this for $500 + tax + shipping. Make me an offer. For those C32s or E55s running high boost, this is the perfect cooling system. Been on the car less than a year. Model: Stage II (Vari-Cool Controller kit). Visit http://www.coolingmist.com for more details.

/[/url]
One question, where does this inject the methanol? Before or after the blower?

I only ask this cause if it is before, you are GREATLY risking Hydraulic lock on the blower.

See yeah
Old 04-06-2008, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
One question, where does this inject the methanol? Before or after the blower?

I only ask this cause if it is before, you are GREATLY risking Hydraulic lock on the blower.

See yeah
The methonol injects before the blower. The mist is so fine that it atomizes immediately into the blower. I can see hydro-lock risk if spray was after the blower.

Selling for $250.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
I don't see hydro lock as a risk on either end of the blower. These systems are all custom install refering to the nozzle placement. You can drill and tap anywhere you want to install the nozzle. Some go pre blower, and some go post blower. Hell, some do both. $250 is a good price. Whats the signal method on yours? MAF signal, IAT, boost, etc..???
Old 04-06-2008, 04:17 PM

Having used a Aquamist system on my WRX for 3 years Hydrolock would never be an issue. You are just not spraying enough to ever be a concern. When tuned you can make great power. I was able to run 21psi and make 320Whp on a FP18G turbo on 91 octane pump gas.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
I don't see hydro lock as a risk on either end of the blower. These systems are all custom install refering to the nozzle placement. You can drill and tap anywhere you want to install the nozzle. Some go pre blower, and some go post blower. Hell, some do both. $250 is a good price. Whats the signal method on yours? MAF signal, IAT, boost, etc..???
I chose to use the boost levels to trigger via the Vari-Cool controller but this kit can also be configured to trigger on MAF signal or IAT.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by AMGSC
The methonol injects before the blower. The mist is so fine that it atomizes immediately into the blower. I can see hydro-lock risk if spray was after the blower.

Selling for $250.
Sorry to break the news to you guys, but I have worked on whipple chargered engine for well over a decade, and have contacted EVERY blower manufactuer under the sun and they all state the following fact.

"Blowers are set up from the factory to run either dry "NO liquids" or wet".

They make clearances inside the blower rotors, on our cars, IF you want to run a wet mixture. This is why Top fuel blowers are set up VERY loose by comaparison, granted an extreme exception.

FLUIDS CANNOT BE COMPRESSED, Only gases.

Do what you like gentlemen, but running ANY liquid through a blower that was clearanced for ONLY air, and you are running the chance of a Hydraulic lock, PERIOD.

See yeah

PS: Yes I have personnaly spoken witrh Auto rotor, the inventors of the Lysholm Screw blower, the knind we run, and they state this same fact. Even spraying a VERY fine mist as you pointed out, IS NOT recomended by the blower manufacturer.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Sorry to break the news to you guys, but I have worked on whipple chargered engine for well over a decade, and have contacted EVERY blower manufactuer under the sun and they all state the following fact.

"Blowers are set up from the factory to run either dry "NO liquids" or wet".

They make clearances inside the blower rotors, on our cars, IF you want to run a wet mixture. This is why Top fuel blowers are set up VERY loose by comaparison, granted an extreme exception.

FLUIDS CANNOT BE COMPRESSED, Only gases.

Do what you like gentlemen, but running ANY liquid through a blower that was clearanced for ONLY air, and you are running the chance of a Hydraulic lock, PERIOD.

See yeah

PS: Yes I have personnaly spoken witrh Auto rotor, the inventors of the Lysholm Screw blower, the knind we run, and they state this same fact. Even spraying a VERY fine mist as you pointed out, IS NOT recomended by the blower manufacturer.
Interesting... thanks MRAMG1.

Just curious - given what you're saying, why wouldn't everyone just inject the water/meth mixture post-blower? Are there advantages to injecting pre-blower?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Interesting... thanks MRAMG1.

Just curious - given what you're saying, why wouldn't everyone just inject the water/meth mixture post-blower? Are there advantages to injecting pre-blower?
I don't know, other than the fact it is easier to set up a system to simply squirt into the intake system as opposed to plumbing it into the I/C or under the blower. Post blower does give you a GREAT cooling effect as was mentioned here somewhere. I am unaweare of ANY advantage of injecting it pre blower, as I to looked into this for my Whipple as I had NO I/C on my 91 stang. But Kenne Bell, told me " Under NO circumstances should I inject ANY liquid into the blower as Hydraulic lock is a REAL concern"

See yeah
Old 04-07-2008, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I don't know, other than the fact it is easier to set up a system to simply squirt into the intake system as opposed to plumbing it into the I/C or under the blower. Post blower does give you a GREAT cooling effect as was mentioned here somewhere. I am unaweare of ANY advantage of injecting it pre blower, ....
That's what I was thinking as well....... post blower is when the air needs cooling most as opposed to pre-blower.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
That's what I was thinking as well....... post blower is when the air needs cooling most as opposed to pre-blower.
Maybe that's why I had to replace the bearings of my HPS (roots blower) before I sold it. Thanks for the tip. I will re-pipe it to spray AFTER the blower.