Old 05-11-2008, 09:07 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
According to both websites....

Code3 - $399

LET - $330

side note....Code3 is showing that they are not currently in stock...don't know if that is true.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by c3232c
Ahh I see. I cant remember what that is for. Probably to my headlight washers. There were two lines that ran along the bottom of the crash bar, I rerouted one and took the plastic brackets off that held them in place. Its been a while since I put the HE on so forgive me if I forgot.
No worries... just making sure there aren't any details I'm missing prior to install - even if I have a mechanic handle it, I find it's best to pass along any tips/info if they're not terribly familiar with the procedure
Old 05-11-2008, 10:57 PM

04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
I would get the LET becuase I'm 17 and I dont have an extra $70 to spend to have somoene drill an extra hole for you.

From reading the thread and looking at pics. Both are a bit different style but really that doesnt make a difference. code3 is a direct bolt on with no need for any extra work, and code 3 might be a bit bigger(which doesnt make any difference either?).
If you dont mind paying the extra $70 for a direct fitment then get it. Your gonna have to do work either way from removing the bumper, removing old one and installing new one. Both work fine. Both will make you happy and will satify your car.Thats my 0.2
Old 05-12-2008, 12:05 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you do not need to reroute the washer lines with our HE...

you have to drill 2 holes with our HE...that is it, if you have anymore questions, LET me know...
Old 05-13-2008, 12:31 AM

04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
I have a question on the heat exchangers overall becuase I'm going to purchase one either LET or code3. I was wondering if getting a bigger then stock HE affects performance in any way because I'm not sure how exactly the SC works I'm more turbo biased since theres two turbod vehicles currently in my household (evo and turbo z) for the past few years. A bigger intercooler will need more boost/bigger turbo since its bigger and can fit more air. What about the heat exchanger? Will I have to do a tune or up the boost or get a stronger water pump such as the ford lightning one or wil it all be fine if i just install the new bigger HE?

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by redfarsi
I have a question on the heat exchangers overall becuase I'm going to purchase one either LET or code3. I was wondering if getting a bigger then stock HE affects performance in any way because I'm not sure how exactly the SC works I'm more turbo biased since theres two turbod vehicles currently in my household (evo and turbo z) for the past few years. A bigger intercooler will need more boost/bigger turbo since its bigger and can fit more air. What about the heat exchanger? Will I have to do a tune or up the boost or get a stronger water pump such as the ford lightning one or wil it all be fine if i just install the new bigger HE?

Thanks!
Either CODE3 OR LET its recommended you get a higher capacity intercooler pump which I know LET sells for around $125 shipped.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by redfarsi

Thanks!
You seem to be referring to air-to-air intercoolers. The C32's air-to-water intercooler sits in the "V" of the engine - and what cools the water in the system is the front-mount heat-exchanger (FMHE). A larger, more efficient FMHE therefore will keep your charge air cooler, longer. You don't have the same pressure-drop concerns that an air-to-air system would have when fitting a larger intercooler.

You don't need anything other than the FMHE to enjoy its benefits (well, other than MB antifreeze and distilled water). That said, it is a very good idea to replace/upgrade your IC pump at the same time, as it's known to be a weak point in the system - consequently, most people who upgrade also upgrade their pump to the Johnson CM30, as c32used mentioned.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
Originally Posted by c32used
Either CODE3 OR LET its recommended you get a higher capacity intercooler pump which I know LET sells for around $125 shipped.

It says $140 on the LET webpage:

http://www.letmotorsports.com/c32.as...2&category=all

Code 3 does not list the Johnson CM30 pump on his web page.