C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

007 C32 - Tail & brake light "black out" switch?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 03:36 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by charl1exbr0wn
im just gonna through this out there.
your brother looks like a total douchebag.
oh and i love the cut off saying that says "YOU LOSE!" in that one side picture.
so pretty much the cops are talking **** as opposed to doing their job, which the last time i checked is to protect the public right?
oh and way to just jack the dudes car might as well have shot him dead in the road too while you were at it. the difference between good and bad is very convoluted apparently.
Well, i guess the ability to pick out a douche comes from many years experience.....

So explain to me this...how is getting someone going 100mph at night with no lights on, on a public street not protecting the public????

Hummmmm
Old 05-06-2008, 03:52 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
oh and i love the cut off saying that says "YOU LOSE!" in that one side picture.
so pretty much the cops are talking **** as opposed to doing their job, which the last time i checked is to protect the public right?
oh and way to just jack the dudes car might as well have shot him dead in the road too while you were at it. the difference between good and bad is very convoluted apparently.
Your douchebag comment was totally out of line. What kind of point are you trying to make?

I'm assuming that the "You Lose!" is preceded by something like "You Use." or some other anti-drug abuse message. The cops aren't going to call out the guy whose car they just seized.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:58 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by cdd
Your douchebag comment was totally out of line. What kind of point are you trying to make?

I'm assuming that the "You Lose!" is preceded by something like "You Use." or some other anti-drug abuse message. The cops aren't going to call out the guy whose car they just seized.
you are exactly right.....entire phrase is you use- you lose

Its a dare car....
Old 05-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Someone should zing across your house at 100+ the posted speed limit all day.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' C32 - 07' H2 - 07' BMW K1200R
Originally Posted by phatmitzu
Then why the switch? Just turn off your lights....

Brake lights are activated if your lights are on or off. The only way to keep them from lighting up is to pull all the bulbs,fuses, or put in a James Bond "black out" switch.

Last edited by C32-4ME; 05-07-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by loungn14
hum....

As i commonly hear from my cop friends and brother...you can definately out run our cars...

But you cant outrun the radio.
+100%

E=mc2....hmm...damn laws of physics...has to be away around it...Flux Capacitor, mini-black hole power system, bumper mounted stable worm hole generator...

186,000 mi/sec is pretty darn fast...the ultimate speed limit (for now anyway), and I think radio waves propagate at the same speed?

An AMG C32, moving at the speed of light, would circumnavigate the equator approximately 7.5 times in one second. By comparison, a traveler in a jet aircraft, moving at a ground speed of 500 mph, would cross the continental U.S. once in 4 hours.

Like I said this is just a hobby. I have no intentions of trying to get away from anyone...it is just fun to collect and build the gear!

There is 007 way to solve the radio problem though...

You can't out run the (police) radio....but you can definitely JAM them! This would get you in serious doo-doo with the FCC though, and that might make loosing your car to DARE seem like a pretty good deal

I have the plans to build the device to do this...but I think I will pass on this one (crossing my fingers behind my back)
Old 05-07-2008, 03:47 AM

EDITED
WTF???!!!!The only convoluted thing here is your reasoning for saying all this stuff??....

"Plainfield patrol officer Mario Marzetta said he heard the vehicle's 450 hp, V-10 engine revving before it flew past him at 127 mph in a 35 mph zone, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Tuesday.

The Plainfield Police Department took ownership of the car and the driver was charged with felony fleeing and eluding police"

To quote an old TV commercial:

~The sound of a Dodge Viper's 450 hp, V-10 engine revving as it fly's by at 127 mph = $70,000+

~The life of an adult or child(ren) getting killed, paralyzed forever, or burned to a crisp after being T-Boned by a Viper going 127 mph in a 35 mph zone = Priceless

~The "individual" driving a 450 hp Viper 127 in a 35 = 1 (one)Giant, Mega, King Size, Extra Volume, Extreme PSI, Industrial Grade, Gene-pool cleansing, Darwin Award Winning...

Last edited by C32-4ME; 05-07-2008 at 03:52 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:16 AM

05 SL55 AMG
Blackout switch

I had done this "Brake light cut-out" on two of my previous vehicles...I attached it to a momentary switch so as to not "forget" I had it on. You would use just one relay and grab the wire off the brake under the dash and basically feed one side into the relay and into the switch that you use. This would mean it would be on all the time until you press the switch which would disrupt the brake light signal and thus not activate any of the brake lamps on your car. I did this for going through intersections or If i saw a cop pass me, I could slow down to the speed limit without making it obvious with activating my brake lights. If i wanted to be stealthy, I would turn off all my lights and activate my small fog lamps which were on a separate switch and drive completely blacked out except for the lights in the front to see the road so I dont kill somebody in front of me. I don't recommend people using it on the road. I had this done in a mustang I used to own and in a SLK. Any car radio shop can tap the brake pedal and do this connection for you. As for the guy in the viper, I owned a 97 GTS and topped it out at 190+ on a track...this guy evidently forgot he was on a public road....stupid....
Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by C32-4ME
I hope he pulls you over some day

~The "individual" driving a 450 hp Viper 127 in a 35 = 1 (one)Giant, Mega, King Size, Extra Volume, Extreme PSI, Industrial Grade, Gene-pool cleansing, Darwin Award Winning...DOUCHEBAG

Old 05-07-2008, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by cdd

+1
Old 05-07-2008, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by S5LorinserF1
my brother is an FBI agent. and i have alot of family in the NYPD and throughtout the government in washington.

Here is a free tip to any of you married people out there

If you have the car on your wifes name.. there is no way you can have your car repossed in any way.. even if you were drunk...driving 200mph...or just being reckless.

on this topic i think i got it coverd.

though i would never recommend any of those things its just straight facts.
He is right... for the un-married ppl out there can have there cars under there parents name and have ur self as a secondary driver and the worst that can happen is that u'll loose ur license for about a year at least....

But its not easy to run away from a cop... considering they have multiple cars thus never run out of gas and have radios and all the extra help they need... so running 99% of the time does not work.

even the 1% chance u thing u got away .. they are most likely waiting for u at home, if there camera got a look at ur plate.... and lets not forget that they will have a very good description of your car so the next time ur car hits the road they will remember you and will get u sooner or latter. so running is not advisable. at all, if u can afford an $$$$ car u should be able to take on a ticket... if u cant take on the ticket don't speed.
its just like the smokers if u car afford to smoke and always asking other to bum a smoke off them.. then u should not be smoking.

Last edited by Harry Madan; 05-07-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
but non the less if he just wants to do this feature for show or just for fun... then by all means go right ahead.. just use the feature responsablly...
Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
NVG's

Headlights dont need to be on when I am wearing my night vision goggles

I thought that if you wear NVG's and then a cars headlights come at you the other direction, you will get blinded since they enhance/magnify the light so much?
Old 05-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
+100%

E=mc2....hmm...damn laws of physics...has to be away around it...Flux Capacitor, mini-black hole power system, bumper mounted stable worm hole generator...

186,000 mi/sec is pretty darn fast...the ultimate speed limit (for now anyway), and I think radio waves propagate at the same speed?

An AMG C32, moving at the speed of light, would circumnavigate the equator approximately 7.5 times in one second. By comparison, a traveler in a jet aircraft, moving at a ground speed of 500 mph, would cross the continental U.S. once in 4 hours.

Like I said this is just a hobby. I have no intentions of trying to get away from anyone...it is just fun to collect and build the gear!

There is 007 way to solve the radio problem though...

You can't out run the (police) radio....but you can definitely JAM them! This would get you in serious doo-doo with the FCC though, and that might make loosing your car to DARE seem like a pretty good deal

I have the plans to build the device to do this...but I think I will pass on this one (crossing my fingers behind my back)
lol - reminds me of the line from SpaceBalls:

"..........not if we, JAM it!"
Old 05-08-2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by mercedes0604
I had done this "Brake light cut-out" on two of my previous vehicles...I attached it to a momentary switch so as to not "forget" I had it on. You would use just one relay and grab the wire off the brake under the dash and basically feed one side into the relay and into the switch that you use. This would mean it would be on all the time until you press the switch which would disrupt the brake light signal and thus not activate any of the brake lamps on your car.....
Thanks for the info...this sounds like the most "professional" way to do this!

Any car radio shop can tap the brake pedal and do this connection for you.
I went to 3 car stereo shops yesterday and none of them could or would do it. Does anybody have diagrams or pictures of the brake system wiring?

Last but not least....
I owned a 97 GTS and topped it out at 190+ on a track...
Sounds like some serious fun!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
I thought that if you wear NVG's and then a cars headlights come at you the other direction, you will get blinded since they enhance/magnify the light so much?
Thanks for the question!

This would be true with the older Gen 1 equipment, but I have read that newer Gen 3+ NVG have a feature built in to them that addresses this issue.

I am not sure if the image temporarily "dims" when a bright light source triggers the feature, or if it just drops the light amplifying power suddenly....I will look into it.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by e1000
lol - reminds me of the line from SpaceBalls:

"..........not if we, JAM it!"

LOL...I forgot about that! I better go and rent the movie...maybe I can get some more ideas
Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 PM

04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
im sure the guy with the viper was a felon or had drugs or it wasnt his car becuase they dont take your car for going 90 over the speed limit. in the article it said he tried to elude the police. Well at 127mph....it will be a while untill the cop that was half awake will cathc up to you. Also the guy must of had a reason to run? perhaps because he had drugs in there or something.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:06 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by redfarsi
im sure the guy with the viper was a felon or had drugs or it wasnt his car becuase they dont take your car for going 90 over the speed limit. in the article it said he tried to elude the police. Well at 127mph....it will be a while untill the cop that was half awake will cathc up to you. Also the guy must of had a reason to run? perhaps because he had drugs in there or something.
No reason to run....he just wanted to go fast. There was no drug stuff in the car, nor weapons or anything. Its a case of someone with a nice toy being stupid.