Engine oil warning---Help Please Urgent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 2002
Engine oil warning---Help Please Urgent

Hey guys,
I just had my 2002 c32 serviced for Type A service in Edison, NJ about 2 days ago and today I got a warning saying Reduce Engine Oil level. I am driving to Canada tomorrow morning, and the dealership only opens at 9 am. My question is...can this issue be resolved easily at any auto location ?
should I not drive until this is taken care of, what can I do in terms of diy job right now ? Please HELP....
Thanks in advance
DR
Old 05-23-2008, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by Avi02C32
Hey guys,
I just had my 2002 c32 serviced for Type A service in Edison, NJ about 2 days ago and today I got a warning saying Reduce Engine Oil level. I am driving to Canada tomorrow morning, and the dealership only opens at 9 am. My question is...can this issue be resolved easily at any auto location ?
should I not drive until this is taken care of, what can I do in terms of diy job right now ? Please HELP....
Thanks in advance
DR
Depends on how much extra oil is in the system. If it's significant (which obviously you can't tell), I can't see what you can do short of pumping some out or pulling the drain plug and letting some out.
Check your oil level again (as per the manual) on a level parking surface.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
go to dyno mode and check oil level on horizontal surface. i don't think is a big deal the oil prob is just over max but the easiest way to pull some out is with a topsider.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55
definitely the easiest way if he has access....i love mine. drain a half quart at the plug and check it. top off if necessary....

Originally Posted by AWDman
go to dyno mode and check oil level on horizontal surface. i don't think is a big deal the oil prob is just over max but the easiest way to pull some out is with a topsider.