New to the family

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by RedBull
I popped the hood this morning and took a look. It sure looks like the leak is coming from the radiator. I'll have to give the dealer a call and see what they say.
Make sure they check if it's a Valeo and if it's already contaminated the transmission with Glycol.

See these Threads:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=glycol
Old 06-19-2008, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK550
Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
A) Falcon Punch

B) Go to your credit union and get an extended warranty.

C) What color?
A) That might be an option

B) I'm going to look into an extended warranty. The dealer offered me one, but I've always heard you don't want that one.

C) It's kind of a champaign color. It's actually a real nice color on this car.

I'm actually at the dealer right now, and they are looking at it. The salesperson said the manager will be back soon and will talk to me about how to resolve the situation.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:41 PM

CLK550
Well they are keeping the car to go over it and figure out why the radiator is leaking. According to the service guy, this is supposedly a new radiator. I told them what I've read about the Valeo radiators being prone to leaking, and how that can lead to transmission problems. Hopefully they don't have the nerve to try charging me for this, but I won't hold my breath. At least they are giving me a loaner.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:31 PM

CLK550
Just an update:

I talked with the dealer this morning, and they said there was a hole in the radiater. They are replacing it, but the new radiator will not be there until Monday. The car should be done by Tuesday, and the guy in the service department said there will be no charge for the repair. If this proves to be true, then I'll have to commend them for stepping up and taking the responsibility. They also gave me a fairly nice loaner in the meantime. (Saab 9-3)
Old 06-21-2008, 01:35 AM

'10 P30 C63 AMG
Well played.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:17 PM

CLK550
Latest update:

It turns out it wasn't the radiator leaking. It was the heat exchanger. Supposedly the end tank was cracked, and that's where the cooland was leaking from. The dealer ordered a new heat exchanger, and it was supposed to be there on Monday. As of yesterday, it still had not arrived. I didn't have a chance to call them today, but obviously the car must not be done or else I would have heard something. I'm off tomorrow, so I'll be calling them early to find out where things stand. It would be nice to get it back tomorrow since I ordered new tires and they should be here tomorrow. It does suck that since buying the car, I've spent more time driving the loaner, but oh well. It shouldn't be much longer.