C55 SAT Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55
C55 SAT Installation

I am having trouble installing the SAT radio in my '06 C55. I purchased a new raadio, antennae, and bracket on E-bay. I also verified that I have the correct part numbers (bracket is wrong but no big deal).

The problem that I am having is that it seems that my car is not pre-wired for SAT. Back in the right rear quarter panel there are no wires for SDRS connections. I have even pulled the amp out and looked really hard for them thinking they may be just tucked in behind somewhere.

There are definately only 5 fiber wires coming from the front; 2 audio and an audio1 and 2 tel fibers. No SDARS fibers to see anywhere.

I paid for a subscription to Star Tak and WIS so I am going to look some more there.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

Thanks

Joe
Old 06-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 C55
I found the attachment describing a SDARS wiring harness. Maybe this is what I need?

Joe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Retrofit wiring harness..pdf (142.5 KB, 1578 views)
Old 06-08-2008, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
do a search for a thread i created a while back about this...there is a guy (i think his name might be spr) who has done this and is very familiar with what you need, I bet he can help.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 C55
Originally Posted by rory breaker
do a search for a thread i created a while back about this...there is a guy (i think his name might be spr) who has done this and is very familiar with what you need, I bet he can help.
Thank Rory,

Ihave been talking with Sean (spr). It would actually be a fairly simple instalation if my car was pre-wired for the SAT. As it stands I think I am going to try and retro-fit it in using the Tel fibers. I think the main difficulty at this point is going to be routing the wakeup signal from the rear SAM and making sure I get the right wires

Thanks

Joe
Old 06-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 C55
This thread is sort of duplicated with another one I have in the electrical area. But for those that are interested I found the retrofit instructions along witht he wiring harness part numbers. So I am going to talk with my dealer tomorrow and order the wiring harnesses.

Once I finish this project I will be fairly knowledgable in this area.

Joe