C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Good shop in Atlanta area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 C32, '08 ML63
Good shop in Atlanta area?

Searched the forum and found one thread where somebody recommended RBM. But I'm hoping to find a good shop that would help with performance mods too. I'm due up for my Service A so I need to get that scheduled soon.

Anybody know of a good reliable shop in this area?

Thanks,
Rich
Old 06-16-2008, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63S,2013 C63 AMG Coupe, 2002 C32 AMG (gone but not forgotten)
Hi Rich -

If you're dealing with MB dealers in Atlanta, do not expect anything above mediocre.

And in the mediocre range, RBM off Roswell Road ranks very low in my book.

Just below acceptable is the service at MB of Buckhead. Be careful though, as they like to pad the repair bill like airlines like to pad ticket prices with "junk fees."

[I had asked MB Buckhead for a quote to fix my faulty rear sunshade. Their mechanic walked over to the service bay, sat in the car, hit the button on the dash, and when the sun shade did not make it all the way to the top, he was able to determine that the sun shade was faulty. I was required to pay $50.00 for that in-depth analysis.]

Alternatively, you can try the new Benz dealer in Gwinnett, off Boggs Road. It's a sister company to the dreaded RBM of Roswell, but I hear they have better service.

Now that the car is out of warranty, I do most of the work myself. You would be surprised how much money and headache you can save just by doing your own simple maintenance.

Oil changes need a few rudimentary tools and about 30 minutes of your time.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK32
Originally Posted by silver_metallic
Alternatively, you can try the new Benz dealer in Gwinnett, off Boggs Road. It's a sister company to the dreaded RBM of Roswell, but I hear they have better service.
Give Rich @ Benzwerks a call - 770.640.9434.

He is on this board most frequently in the CLK55 section under mbenzman.

He has done all the performance mods on my car and does great work.

On a side note the Benz dealer off Boggs Road is not new. Atlanta Classic Cars has been around for a long time. They did change locations a couple of years ago - moved from intown to OTP. They tried to quote me $600 for a pulley install. Way too much for an easy, straightfoward job.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:51 PM

'03 C32, '08 ML63
Thank you both for your reply. Glad I you replied with the warning about RBM too, I appreciate that.

I'll give Rich a call and reply back on how the service went. I'm wanting to get the LET185MM pulley so maybe he can help put that on too.

Thanks guys,
Rich
Old 06-16-2008, 02:58 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by silver_metallic

Atlantic Classic Cars!

Had been to this dealership for a couple of times last year for regular maintenance jobs when I was staying in greater ATL area for my consulting project.

To be honest, it is one of the coolest Mercedes-Benz dealers I have ever been to in the U.S.

First of all, they hook me up with a loaner. Remember, I was an out of towner with ten (10) year old clunker. That's pretty much unheard of here in California.

The building is designed so well too. Customer waiting area is on the second floor, and the work bay is located on the first floor divided by huge glass walls so you can see your cars being worked on.

My Service Advisor was Bobby!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by 430
Give Rich @ Benzwerks a call - 770.640.9434.

He is on this board most frequently in the CLK55 section under mbenzman.

He has done all the performance mods on my car and does great work.

+1000

Rich OWNS and custom mods his own AMGs (blower on a W208/55, full-size spare for his W211/E55K, ML55 custom mods). As Jeremy has mentioned, he's had several things done there. I think he is a Quaife dealer, Kleemann dealer and RENNtech dealer....not sure if he's still affiliated with them all, just ask him.

My money and my cars go there.

Last edited by Chappy; 06-16-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:57 PM

SLK32
Originally Posted by Biscuit
Thank you both for your reply. Glad I you replied with the warning about RBM too, I appreciate that.

I'll give Rich a call and reply back on how the service went. I'm wanting to get the LET185MM pulley so maybe he can help put that on too.

Thanks guys,
Rich

Rich will have no problems installing the pulleys. He has done cams, an LSD, a custom cooling system, custom intake, etc for me in the past.

I will be seeing Rich in the future for additional work.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
MB tech in Atlanta

Rich @ Benzwerks is highly recommended. AKA on this forum is mbenzman
give Rich my best regards ___PTEngineering

Last edited by PTE; 06-17-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:23 AM

E500, CLK, VW Touareg, Audi TT
AVOID MERCEDES BENZ OF BUCKHEAD LIKE A PLAGUE.. THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY THE WORST..

Check this out guys.. they replaced my ball bearings due to a slight noise I was hearing.. after the job with was over 1K. My car's airmatic strut failed on the drivers side. what a coincidence. as always they said it was unrelated.. this is exactly the same area that they worked in.. They now charged me 1.5K to replace one airmatic struts and they said the other three might go bad.. WTF.. Oh well.. I just had to vent...

RBM is probably the best..but they do not do any aftermarket customizations..

Atlanta Classic will do some.. they lowered my car via SDS, so I am not sure if that is any spectacular aftermarket mod...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:29 AM

'03 C32, '08 ML63
I think I'm just going to go with Rich over at Benzworks. Thus far I haven't heard a single negative thing about them which is really promising.

Again - thanks for all the info guys.

-Rich
Old 06-19-2008, 06:27 PM

All of them!
Wow, thanks guys for all the kind words!
I share a scary (for some) photo with you, this was my E55 undergoing surgery to have not only a spare but a real AMG spare become a reality! I'll just call it finishing school.
Rich