C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

rim repair - Need help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 SLK 32 AMG
rim repair - Need help!!!!!!!!

hey guys i know if you hit the curb on stock rims you can get it fixed, but i have aftermarket iforged rims with a polish lip and i hit a curb on one wheel. can i get the rim fixed? and can a rim repair shop fix it? or do i just have to live it?? any info will help.

also i live in the n. va area and if you know of a good shop that can help me, it would be helpful. thanks
Old 06-16-2008, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amgstyle
hey guys i know if you hit the curb on stock rims you can get it fixed, but i have aftermarket iforged rims with a polish lip and i hit a curb on one wheel. can i get the rim fixed? and can a rim repair shop fix it? or do i just have to live it?? any info will help.

also i live in the n. va area and if you know of a good shop that can help me, it would be helpful. thanks
If it's just the lip, and it's polished then it should be an easy relatively cheap fix, however, if it's chrome then you're probably going to need to send it off to a speciality rim repair company.

www.wheelcollision.com is one of the better known "quality" places.

www.fixrim.com is another one that has a good rep, and several locations.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
+1 on www.fixrim.com - I used them to fix a bent 1-piece forged BBS wheel, with good results.

Another option to consider would be contacting iforged, explaining the damage (emailing photos to them, most likely), and getting a quote from them to fix it. If the lip damage is severe enough, they may recommend replacing the lip, since it's a multi-piece wheel. Good luck... let us know how it goes!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
+1 on www.fixrim.com - I used them to fix a bent 1-piece forged BBS wheel, with good results.

Another option to consider would be contacting iforged, explaining the damage (emailing photos to them, most likely), and getting a quote from them to fix it. If the lip damage is severe enough, they may recommend replacing the lip, since it's a multi-piece wheel. Good luck... let us know how it goes!
+1

Contact iforged first.