Help pricing a very used C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 AMG
Help pricing a very used C32

I'm actually trying to sell her, (see classified) but wanted to get an idea of price. Down and dirty details. 03, 50K miles,
-one accident (2003)about $15K of perfect repairs. (curb and sign combo, front suspension, front clip, wheels, radiator, no problems with repair)

-cheap aftermarket wheels are beat up/scraped, one is being repaired as we speak.
-paint repair on rear quarter panel subpar

-couple of door dings
-small ding in trunk / small ding in hood (both caused by strippers)
little things -one window seems slow going up-tint is scratched a little-dent in ash tray lid-couple of burns in head liner( i don't smoke, but almost all my trashy girlfriends do)(does not smell)-one key is trashed-needs an alignment(I'll prolly get this done)-I only have a carport, so never garaged.
-Maybe a little more wear and tear than normal, but not too bad for 5 y/o car

Some good things- lowish miles, new pads and rotors on front, trouble free, broken in right, one owner, have clear title, never abused (I'm an adult), all maintence done on time, fast/fun/blah-blah.

I have only driven her a couple of times in the last few months so I'll post other details after I drive her tommorrow after wheel repair.

Never abused, but definately used. So, what do you all think about price. I reasoned $22K average-minus $1K for paint, $2K for wheels, $1K for little things) $18,000 asking.

Thanks in advance. Any questions?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
i think its a fair price, maybe post pics so we can see the quality of the paint job on the rear panel.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Almost a Member!

lightning
What the hell were strippers doing that they dented your car? And why were there strippers near your car?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:26 AM

C55
Originally Posted by machwon04
What the hell were strippers doing that they dented your car? And why were there strippers near your car?
where does it say stripper?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK550
This should be interesting.....
Old 07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Almost a Member!

lightning
Originally Posted by crazeazn
where does it say stripper?
his 3rd paragraph, 2nd bullet.

i was just wondering if there was a funny story behind this.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 PM

04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
his 3rd paragraph, 2nd bullet.

i was just wondering if there was a funny story behind this.
he should get a sticker that says "Do not touch unless in the naked! Belt buckles and buttons may scratch the surface."

I think he was referring to a metal stripper such as at body shop? Or perhaps actual strippers.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
maybe he's a pimp and his "strippers" used his car to get to their next client

Old 07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Almost a Member!

c32 AMG
Yea, they were naked.

The one on the hood also scratched the hell out the paint with her toe ring! but, that buffed out. The one on the trunk I'm not really sure how it happened, but I know when it happened, so...it was a stripper. I am going to miss her (the car, not the girl).

You guys should see the abuse my motorcycle gets!

You want to know the best part of these dings...I don't have a garage, and I live on a busy road. Some of my neighbors hate me, some...

I will post pics (of the car) after I fix this wheel today. This seems like a fun forum, I wish I had been more involved over the years.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
I still want to know why you have strippers running a muck all over your car. I normally try to distance myself from them at all times, aside from the occasional bachelor party.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Almost a Member!

c32 AMG
Don't you judge me

I love strippers. my GF ( a nurse ) loves strippers. I hang around strippers.

Anyway... I got the wheel fixed and got cheap new front tires. I love this car! I am probably not going to drive her much, so I still want to sell her, but if economy and my "loving" the car conspire to prevent sale at decent price, I'll take her out late at night places my Denali doesn't go.

Only one comment about price (thank you TemX)? I can take it if you think I am totally out of line.

Maybe some different help. Price and ease of DIY on a few things...Ashtray lid (dented from my phone sliding out on WOT) , "A" pillar head liner (cig burns). Cup holder (doesn't seem to work very well) .

Thanks again all!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
I think $20k minimum
Old 07-11-2008, 01:14 AM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i think its a fair price, maybe post pics so we can see the quality of the paint job on the rear panel.
Screw pictures of the car! We want pictures of the stripper that scratched his car!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:25 AM

2005 C55 AMG
I'll try to limit my response, as I don't want to offend anyone regarding the "stripper damage", but I must say it's really sad to hear. Maybe it was worth the devaluation of the vehicle...?

As for your expectations on a selling price, you may be in the ballpark with your $18k, but I think you're still shooting high. Just my opinion...

The reason I say that is --- your own description of the car does not paint a desirable mental picture. You certainly would want to change your verbage before writing a sales ad for it. I believe providing detailed pics of the damage and questionable areas would certainly help everyone to estimate a better idea of the value, as mentioned by others.

The biggest problem you'll face is that we are currently in a buyer's market, and your depiction of the car does not offer any real incentive for someone to shell out nearly $20k on it. It's still a lot of money. Also, you're out of warranty and the car has a collision history associated with it --- both of which are going to be deterrents to potential buyers. Obviously your best bet will be to market it to a MB enthusiast crowd, whereas they'll understand the potential of the car. Just try to point out as many positive features as possible, while still remaining honest about the overall condition.

Again, these are just my opinions, and maybe you'll be able to exceed them. Best wishes on your sale.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Almost a Member!

c32 AMG
Oh it paints a picture!

thanks for the input JT. I know it does not paint a pretty picture, but it paints a true picture. My baby is used, and I would not try to represent otherwise. A potential buyer would be upset when they saw it in person. And I am the luckiest guy I know, so I would never try to screw anybody, for fear of godsmack. And maybe...I really still want to keep her.

I could not tell somebody about the welded inside of one wheel, but when they found out, they would be pissed! I could not tell somebody about the perfectly repaired damage (who really gets a CarFax report) , but that is not right. Almost all of the problems would not be noticed until later, the cup holder worlks most of the time, who checks to make sure the windows roll up at the same rate? I didn't see the burned headliner for months after it happen.

The good parts are...She is an AMG! If you don't know, then you don't want her. Obviously you know.

A dealer would pull out the dents, redo the ashtray, find some take off wheels, keep her a little dusty, and call her perfect for $25K. I'm hoping somebody wants to put their own style on her. Their idea of nice wheels, their idea of cool paint, their fold out radio. I would not want somebody elses style, and I am willing to lower the price to meet that budget.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Almost a Member!

c32 AMG
For example

Bud is selling his low milage C32 for $20,799. I'm starting at $18K. He started at $22,499. $4,499 buys a lot of repairs. That is new aftermarket wheels, a week at DentWizzard and a trip to HouseofKolor, probably a new GPS/DVD/SAT/NAV head unit. Mechanically 52K - 32K miles is insignificant.

And no offense Bud, I hope you sell your car, but who knows if buds car is really cherry? Bud is second owner, Who knows what happened before him, who really knows what happened while he owned it? I will point out every wart on my baby, because i want you to be happy every time you get in her. Like I am.

And bottom line she is an AMG, she is designed for speed. I would not have done anything to her that I thought would hurt her. I would still be driving her daily if work were not going so well.

Hope I don't sound to confrontational. I'm just explaining. Keep up the input all.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by gerardgolf
Bud is selling his low milage C32 for $20,799. I'm starting at $18K. He started at $22,499. $4,499 buys a lot of repairs. That is new aftermarket wheels, a week at DentWizzard and a trip to HouseofKolor, probably a new GPS/DVD/SAT/NAV head unit. Mechanically 52K - 32K miles is insignificant.
Here is another perspective: Why not, for $4,499 more, get a car that you don't have to do all that work on, and you know was not abused by local strippers, Oh, and has 20K less miles on it.

This will be tough sale. Sorry to say it.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 PM

2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Plus another 1 year MB warranty and all service records

No offense taken what so ever. When I bought the car I brought it to the MB dealer who went through every inch of the car with a paint gauge. I did this so there was no chance that the car had been re painted. Learned the hard way on a previous car that even though it does not show up on car fax does not mean it was in an accident. This is why I took the extra step with the paint gauge. If I would have had any paint work I would of never mentioned in the ad no paint work. I was lied to on a previous car that is why I went the extra step with the paint gauge. I passed a handful of cars that were in not such good cond but were lower priced. The comment I received from some sellers was if you want one near perfect buy a new one. That statement is not true you really just gotta look for someone as **** as I am. The C32 happened to be the car in that cond. That is just me though not everybody is as picky. I am so picky I went out and bought a winter car so the C32 would continue its life of never seeing snow.

I am one of the pickiest people you will meet so the car I can guarantee is in EXC cond.

Plus I have another year bumper-to-bumper warranty from Benz. The new owner has the ability to strength that out of they want.

Good luck with you sale also it is a tuff market out there.

And no offense Bud, I hope you sell your car, but who knows if buds car is really cherry? Bud is second owner, Who knows what happened before him, who really knows what happened while he owned it? I will point out every wart on my baby, because i want you to be happy every time you get in her. Like I am.

And bottom line she is an AMG, she is designed for speed. I would not have done anything to her that I thought would hurt her. I would still be driving her daily if work were not going so well.

Hope I don't sound to confrontational. I'm just explaining. Keep up the input all.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:25 PM

Thanks I forgot to mention the miles too. I have always been willing to pay more for a car just for the cond. Not to many people out there that kept their cars in great shape. Like I mentioned below I looked at many beat up cars before I came accross this one. Plus it has to have all service records which were all performed by the local MB dealer.

[QUOTE=ScottW911;2933261]Here is another perspective: Why not, for $4,499 more, get a car that you don't have to do all that work on, and you know was not abused by local strippers, Oh, and has 20K less miles on it.

This will be tough sale. Sorry to say it.[/QUO

Last edited by bud4ya; 07-13-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Almost a Member!

c32 AMG
Oh, but those nights

were priceless.

i hope we all sell our cars for asking price. Our locations are different and our cars are so rare and badassss that everybody should be able to find something.

Yea, I know that my car is going to be a tough sell. I honestly don't care. It is paid for. My truck is paid for by work and the insurance is not going to break me.

I haven't had a warranty issue is like three years, so...no issue. I'm asking $18K I would take less. And some people don't want stock wheels, or plain black paint or the 90's techology radio that is stock. Or cant afford $22K but could live with my baby's flaws for a year then get new wheels...etc.

Where I live, nothing is stock. Probably different in other places. And who doesn't want to be abused by strippers?

Man I do love this car...I might paint flames on her, drop in a double din DVD and rock her!
Old 07-13-2008, 09:15 AM

I am in NH so the look of cars for the most part is Plain Jane. When we where in FL I noticed everyone had rims even trucks and mini vans. Do not see that much around here.

You make a good point with your car in FL. I guess you would have a better chance around there to find someone who would want it painted and larger wheels.

I am in the same situation as you with getting rid of the car. If it goes it goes if not I have a low mileage, quick car that is nearly spotless.

Let me know how you make out of you do not mind.

G/L

were priceless.

i hope we all sell our cars for asking price. Our locations are different and our cars are so rare and badassss that everybody should be able to find something.

Yea, I know that my car is going to be a tough sell. I honestly don't care. It is paid for. My truck is paid for by work and the insurance is not going to break me.

I haven't had a warranty issue is like three years, so...no issue. I'm asking $18K I would take less. And some people don't want stock wheels, or plain black paint or the 90's techology radio that is stock. Or cant afford $22K but could live with my baby's flaws for a year then get new wheels...etc.

Where I live, nothing is stock. Probably different in other places. And who doesn't want to be abused by strippers?

Man I do love this car...I might paint flames on her, drop in a double din DVD and rock her!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
It took me forever to sell my loaded 02 C32 last year. It had 105k miles on the clock but mechanically and visually almost perfect. Even had perfect SLK55 AMG wheels & new tires, Brabus suspension, etc. Started at 24k and took 18k..

If you do sell good luck. I really miss my old C.. miss the ***** out wheels spinning fun.. I wouldn't mind picking up a lower mile 03 some day myself..

Man.. I would freak out big time if some stripper stepped on my car.. I don't even like people walking within 1 foot.. LOL
Old 07-13-2008, 03:04 PM

I sold my Audi and BMW very quickly the Benz on the other hand has taken longer. I have not tried Ebay yet as I wanted to do a local sale. I like it when people actually come look at it and see what they are getting. I am not in a position where I need to sell but would like to. Thinking on an E39 M5, E55 or a 996 911 Carrera.

I do the same thing with my car as you with people getting near it. But in the end when I go to sell everyone always says for a car that is 5 years old or so I cannot believe the cond. I have had good luck selling my car private sale because of this.

Originally Posted by amgmark
It took me forever to sell my loaded 02 C32 last year. It had 105k miles on the clock but mechanically and visually almost perfect. Even had perfect SLK55 AMG wheels & new tires, Brabus suspension, etc. Started at 24k and took 18k..

If you do sell good luck. I really miss my old C.. miss the ***** out wheels spinning fun.. I wouldn't mind picking up a lower mile 03 some day myself..

Man.. I would freak out big time if some stripper stepped on my car.. I don't even like people walking within 1 foot.. LOL
Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Almost a Member!

c32 AMG
I drive everything

like I stole it. I almost never sell anything until it is useless. That is just who I am. I tried to think of a polite way to relate this philosophy to my girlfriends, but couldn't. Lets just say I fell like I get my money's worth. Oh wait lets not...

Pictures today...maybe.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:01 PM

I like the honesty. Nothing pisses me off more when someone says oh my car is in great cond and you go look at it and it is not. Those are the people that told me if you are so picky buy a new one. I was like no no there are cars out there I would buy used just have to take the time to find it.

At least people could be honest like you are being.

like I stole it. I almost never sell anything until it is useless. That is just who I am. I tried to think of a polite way to relate this philosophy to my girlfriends, but couldn't. Lets just say I fell like I get my money's worth. Oh wait lets not...

Pictures today...maybe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help pricing a very used C32