C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

new to the c55 amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c55 amg
new to the c55 amg

hello all, i have just recently purchased a 2005 c55 amg with 45,000 miles on it. after searching on this forum i still have a few questions i hope some of the members can answer.
-are there any problems the c55 is prone to, or should i be weary of any issues?
-as for modifications, i think i have gained enough knowledge to purchase what i desire, but i am curious if there is any threads that show some impressive n/a dyno numbers or any godd 1/4 mile times.

thanks for all your time.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:37 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Since you're still under the factory warranty timeframe, you should look for anything they'll possibly fix. One thing I've noticed on mine and others, is that the valve covers have a tendency to leak oil and create a slight mess around the heads. I have an extended warranty that covered this repair, as does the factory warranty. It won't gain any performance, but it will help keep your engine bay clean. You'll need to remove the plastic engine covers to see if yours is leaking.

Also, the front suspension/steering related bushings seem to wear and can also be fixed under warranty. When I took mine in for some other warranty work, they discovered mine needed replacement, and replaced them. I wouldn't have even known until they mentioned it.

The engine and transmission mounts, which are fluid filled, tend to leak over time and cause the car to vibrate a little at idle. It actually feels like the car has bigger cams in it, but it's not supposed to feel that way. If by chance you notice any odd shake or vibration when sitting at idle, then ask your dealer to replace those under the factory warranty too. Unfortunately my extended warranty didn't cover these on mine, and it's a $700 repair, so take make sure you don't miss the chance to get them done if they are a problem.

That's all I can think of regarding repairs.

As for dyno numbers, you can pick up an easy 8-10 rwhp by replacing your stock air filters w/ K&N's for under $100. Mine puts down 307rwhp.
Any other gains you seek to make will cost you considerably more, and often may not justify the cost vs. the return on investment.

Track times: I went to the track w/ mine again last Saturday, and was only able to pull a best of 13.51 @ 104. Mine is not one of the faster C55's out there, but it's still fun none-the-less...
Old 07-19-2008, 11:53 PM

06 C55
tires

As I've said a few times before in here, sort of as a joke.....

Rear Tires: Damn things go bald really fast.

Must be a factory defect!!!!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:38 AM

c55 amg
thank you for the extensive advice, im certain its going to help me in the near future, and as for the tires, im with you there haha. those p-zeros are going to cost a pretty penny to replace too. on another note, i am seriously involved in vehicles that are able to perform after the right amount of money, so im not so much worried about the cost, just so much the performance of the vehicle after headers, tuning, and cams. im hoping for low 12's at the track, but i have been unable to find any c55's 1/4 mile times that arent near stock or just blown.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Welcome and look threw the new search though mostly for C32 there is quite a bit of C55 stuff and Dynos..
Old 07-20-2008, 05:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Hers common minor problems you may experience.

1. Radio malfunction: Even though CD is in the system, it won't play. Display may show NO CD or If it does play, sound will be bad. Solution? Take it to the dealer.

2. A/C malfunction: A/C won't work. I had leak and I had to replace n recharge the system.

3. Tranny Fluid leak: Seals must be replaced.

4. Moisture in the headlight: Replace unit or re-seal..

5. Engine mount failure: Replace

6. Seat heater malfunction: Take it to the dealer and get it replaced.

That's all I can think of at the moment.. I've experienced every problem listed above except for engine mount... It sure is a great car but do expect some minor problems.

As for the performance, healthy stock one should produce 298-305rwhp on the dyno.. 13.0 - 13.5 in 1/4 mile.

If you want to gain some hp, replace stock filters with K&N or Green filters.
Pully may help with couple hp...Those are cheapest mod for our car.. Best mod ever? Remove your resonator for better sound.

If you want to spend more money, get a set of headers, ECU, airbox. Supercharger is also available but they do cost a lot.. ($15,000 +).

You can all the performance part @ http://www.euroteckmotorsports.com

Neal is the owner (also a sponser for mbworld) n I think he used to own a C55 as well.. Great guy, great service and fast shipping...

Hope this helps

Last edited by Quicktwinturbo; 07-20-2008 at 05:38 AM.