V12 Bi Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
There's a break-down in communication somewhere......

There are (or were) at least 3 people on MBWorld with 55 Stage 8 cars - AMGSC, JamE55, and Ted_Baldwin.
In fact, at least 2 may be Stage 8+ (custom).
If I can recall correctly, 55K S8 cars have ~600hp maximum at the crank (and probably not even that).
Agree completely - there's no way that a N/A M113 engine is being modded to 750 hp, wheel or crank. If you swap a M113K engine in, mod it (and your tranny) to the max possible, you could feasibly see 700 hp IMHO.

mb c55amg guy - no need to get defensive here; we'll all be happy to see your buddy's post-mod dyno sheet prove us wrong. FWIW, he'll have to hit roughly 620+ rwhp... a lofty target indeed. Oh, FYI - no Lambo that I'm aware of is $500,000; the Gallardo (most likely the model that he's allegedly already "smoking") is about half that. It also runs 0-60 in the mid 3's, and 1/4 mile from the high 11's to about 12 flat... the only C55's that approach those times are already heavily modded (and most likely running nitrous). I'd like to see some of your buddy's time slips - he must have one seriously quick C55...
Old 08-03-2008, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
It sounds like a lot of numbers on this thread have been highly modified.
Both the N/A 55 and 55K engines in stock form are not built to tolorate high hp or high boost. However, an N/A M113 engine "CAN" be built to withstand over 750 hp as long as you sleeve the cylinders and replace the stock rods and stock high compression cast pistons...not to mention a whole lot of other parts.
I'm going for over 700 hp with my 55Kompressor and I had to sleeve the cylinders and replace the stock cast pistons, among other things.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:40 PM

2005 c55amg, 2000 clk430, 2002 clk55amg, 2008 clk63amg black series
I am not getting defensive, i appreciate all of the comments or remarks..i am in the learning stage of all of this. Case in point..I bought a 2000 clk430...beautiful car, and i wanted more power. I was told to buy a clk55. I did this and was pleased for awhile, but it seems that the speed bug had taken a bite out of me. I went out and bought a 2007 c230 sport just for kicks, owned it 9 months and got sick of it. That is when i saw the c55 my friend has. I went to the dealership and traded my c230 on my 05 c55amg. i have owned it for about 6 months now, and i loved the power. Then people were saying why a c55...get a faster benz to work with. So after my last deployment to iraq (#4) i came home and bought the clk63 black series with the 6.3L engine and the 500 hp. it blew me away...that is until my friend walked a dog on me in his c55. He told me that C2 Design in Tampa did all of the work and i should go see Chris there. I did, and he stated that with a Kleeman package priced at 20-25k i would smoke ferrari's , lambos, and just about anything on the road. This got me researching stuff. After speaking to Chris and my friend i found out that they are doing a custom staged kit on his c55..750 hp and 600 something pounds of torque ( i am unsure about the torque figures) the price was 29k from kleemann and that is with them doing the install. C2 Design claims they will make his car the fastest it can with the money..which is in endless supply from my friend and that 750hp is the goal. I am assuming they are using titanium rods, and internals etc...i dont know. I however have a 50k dollar budget to spend on the motor. with 29k dollars gone, i am hoping that the remaining 21k dollars will be enough to do a built motor. I dont know everything, hell compared to you guys i dont know anything. i am just saying what i was told and from whom. i have a goal to do this, some of you do not and are happy with what you have. I need your help to accomplish this...in other words, if you had 50k to spend on the motor, what would you do to get it to the 750hp mark...or hell even 700hp. i am assuming that in a c55..with carbon fiber replacement parts, and weight reducing stuff and a 700-750hp motor that it will be extremely fast and wouldnt be touched by many on the street. any input is helpful. also the 500k dollar car he smoked was a Lambo Murcielago LP640 with the full carbon fiber body etc...i was told it was 500k dollars.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:48 PM

the 540 hp is for the stage 4 kit...they have a stage 5, 6, and 7 kit also. And now from what i am being told an 8+++++ kit...so i can see with a stage 4 kit that 540 hp is the end result, or 178hp over stock..so a stage 5-8 should produce more hp.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:22 AM

03 C32 AMG
Don't want to sound complete ignorant but with 750HP and 600+ lb. of torque, what's the wheel HP output? I'm curious to know, that's a hell of a crank HP.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
Originally Posted by mb_c55amg_guy
well, its a start...especially when he hasnt even gone to kleemann yet. I also think that realisticly for the every day joe who cant afford a lambo, having a car that walks a dog on one isnt to bad considering those cars are some of the fastest on the street anyway. I dont think that anyone would mind it if they owned a car that can do that...i know i wouldnt mind. Especially it being a Benz.

will go back and read the rest of thread- however, this is sort of ridiculous!

fastest street cars i know are dsms, mustangs, b-bodies, f-bodies etc. and most run 3+ seconds faster than any stock lambos i've seen reviewed or tracked (and still 3+ seconds faster than the lame *** twin turbo gallardo installs i've seen). I have a benz too and can appreciate going fast along with some luxury and style etc., but don't ever expect to be "one of the fastest street cars around".
Old 08-04-2008, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
a stock gallardo is much less than "less than half" of 500k-

who owns a murcielago who knows how to drive... and will race it on the street? probably no one.

can anyone else step back far enough to notice how funny it is that you guys are arguing over what different "stages" mean? What could sound ricier than that? Not saying the cars in question of the modifications represented are rice- just that the whole "stage XXX" thing sounds ricey as hell in the context of an internet argument.

Look at what bmw tuning companies like HPF are calling their stages- a stage III E46 will seriously "walk the dog" (in the words used above) on a "stage 8+++++" or whatever you want to call it C55. Sounds to me like the Mercedes' tuners are just playing to their stupid/rich crowd. Again, don't get me wrong- I love my AMG and can appreciate what our tuners can do etc., but it's the attitudes expressed by some people in this thread that propagates negative impressions of us amongst the rest of the euro community.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Seeing is believing....Give Kleeman in Colorado Springs a call....talk to Brandon. I did, and thats what he told me..I have no doubts....as far as a stage 8? never heard of it...Brandon says that a stage 7 is the highest they go...i guess you can call him a liar then...i mean he only works there. For me, I will see the dyno numbers from my friends car when he gets it done. Why would a reputable company tell a customer that the stage 7 that they sell for 29k will produce 750 hp if it wont? HMMMMMMMMM?
I talk to Brandon and Cory all the time. I've got everything Kleemann sells on my car. See my siggy. I've got the TWIN-SCREW 2.6litre Autorotor that is no longer available. The current SC kit is an 2.0litre Roots Eaton and makes less power and boost. The postive side is of the roots design is that it's reliable and inexpensive to repair.

To break 750, you might as well put a bored out a 6.5 motor to 7.3 and 4 turbos. That would get you OVER 1000HP which I'm currently shopping around for. My budget is set at $60K but work won't start until Sept possibly.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:09 AM
CT3

LC200
Its funny the comparisons to lamborghinis.... I have a few friends that drive lamborghinis (mostly gallardos) and one friend with a murcielago (lp580) and when they drive they never go more then 75. It drives me nuts, 500+ horsepower and you get passed by everything. But thats just the thing the people that buy lambo's are very rarely interested in their potential performance, but more so in their curb appeal and the fact that it will get left out front by the valet in town... basically what im trying to say is i have seen my friends get "smoked" by tons of little ricers and **** and they dont care, so maybe using lamborghinis as a benchmark for comparing fast cars isnt a good one only because how do we know these guys are even putting up a real fight?

...i could be totally misinterpreting though...
Old 08-04-2008, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by C32AMGSC
Don't want to sound complete ignorant but with 750HP and 600+ lb. of torque, what's the wheel HP output? I'm curious to know, that's a hell of a crank HP.
i have no idea...like i said, thats the plan that my friend has with the car....i will be extremely interested in knowing just how and what he is doing...and i am sure he will tell me and i will pass it on.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by silence
will go back and read the rest of thread- however, this is sort of ridiculous!

fastest street cars i know are dsms, mustangs, b-bodies, f-bodies etc. and most run 3+ seconds faster than any stock lambos i've seen reviewed or tracked (and still 3+ seconds faster than the lame *** twin turbo gallardo installs i've seen). I have a benz too and can appreciate going fast along with some luxury and style etc., but don't ever expect to be "one of the fastest street cars around".
that kind sir is what seperates me from the rest of the crowd. i will always try to go above and beyond and attempt the so called impossible.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by AMGSC
I talk to Brandon and Cory all the time. I've got everything Kleemann sells on my car. See my siggy. I've got the TWIN-SCREW 2.6litre Autorotor that is no longer available. The current SC kit is an 2.0litre Roots Eaton and makes less power and boost. The postive side is of the roots design is that it's reliable and inexpensive to repair.

To break 750, you might as well put a bored out a 6.5 motor to 7.3 and 4 turbos. That would get you OVER 1000HP which I'm currently shopping around for. My budget is set at $60K but work won't start until Sept possibly.
I wish you well on your venture. I know i will need all the help i can get on mine. Again, there is no arguments or bad feelings towards anyone here. All i did was state what i was told by others. Now wether they can live up to what they are saying is a different story. I shall see.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by CT3
Its funny the comparisons to lamborghinis.... I have a few friends that drive lamborghinis (mostly gallardos) and one friend with a murcielago (lp580) and when they drive they never go more then 75. It drives me nuts, 500+ horsepower and you get passed by everything. But thats just the thing the people that buy lambo's are very rarely interested in their potential performance, but more so in their curb appeal and the fact that it will get left out front by the valet in town... basically what im trying to say is i have seen my friends get "smoked" by tons of little ricers and **** and they dont care, so maybe using lamborghinis as a benchmark for comparing fast cars isnt a good one only because how do we know these guys are even putting up a real fight?

...i could be totally misinterpreting though...
I was just using the Lamborghini as a symbol of speed if you will. Since i was a little boy the word lamborghini has always meant power and speed to me. I was even planning on trying to get one until my friend stated that he smoked one in his c55, how when, why i am not sure..but he has never lied to me in all of the 22 years i have known him. Not to mention when i sat in his car and he took me around the block he had my head snapped back against the headrest. Again, no arguments or bad words to anyone. I am new at this unlike you guys.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
that kind sir is what seperates me from the rest of the crowd. i will always try to go above and beyond and attempt the so called impossible.

see my vehicles? and i'm attempting those things without the $$$$$ you obviously have. Even if you accomplish your goal and get your car into the range of the "fastest street cars" it will still be a huge waste as without question you will have made sacrifices of comfort and even style which will negate the coolness of the vehicle you started with. I understand exactly where you are coming from and what you are thinking and i don't mean to be a jerk- I just want to try to help you level your expectations with reality a little bit. You may end up with a car which easily beats Murcielagos, Vipers, Ford GTs etc. etc. (and that will be AWESOME with a sedan Mercedes- trust me i am all about it) however, the fastest cars on the street around where i live (and this is in the Midwest where fewer people have fast cars) are so much faster than those cars it's hard to comprehend (think- my friend's turbo 5.4 dohc 2001 gt mustang would be going 150+ mph when a stock Murcielago hit 100 if they were to race from a dig- and that's on the tires he actually drives on during weekends)
Old 08-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by AMGSC
Sorry but and I own a Stage 8 +++.
Not necessarily. What he maybe talking about is the custom C55 Turbo they've been working on for a while.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:23 PM

Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by JamE55
Not necessarily. What he maybe talking about is the custom C55 Turbo they've been working on for a while.
Ah - you talking about MBMexico's C55?
Whatever transpired with that project - it's been a few years now, right?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by boohooramblers
Ah - you talking about MBMexico's C55?
Whatever transpired with that project - it's been a few years now, right?

Not really sure.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:40 PM

see my vehicles? and i'm attempting those things without the $$$$$ you obviously have. Even if you accomplish your goal and get your car into the range of the "fastest street cars" it will still be a huge waste as without question you will have made sacrifices of comfort and even style which will negate the coolness of the vehicle you started with. I understand exactly where you are coming from and what you are thinking and i don't mean to be a jerk- I just want to try to help you level your expectations with reality a little bit. You may end up with a car which easily beats Murcielagos, Vipers, Ford GTs etc. etc. (and that will be AWESOME with a sedan Mercedes- trust me i am all about it) however, the fastest cars on the street around where i live (and this is in the Midwest where fewer people have fast cars) are so much faster than those cars it's hard to comprehend (think- my friend's turbo 5.4 dohc 2001 gt mustang would be going 150+ mph when a stock Murcielago hit 100 if they were to race from a dig- and that's on the tires he actually drives on during weekends)
i understand completely where you are coming from...so what do you think i should do? just settle for 600hp and smoke some cars, take the remaining 30k and drop it on a lambo????????
Old 08-04-2008, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
i understand completely where you are coming from...so what do you think i should do? just settle for 600hp and smoke some cars, take the remaining 30k and drop it on a lambo????????
push it as far as you can before you stop getting serious returns for your money (and without taking away the things that make it a mercedes)

spend the rest of the money either on a "drag car" type chassis and parts or save it and get into a tuned 911 or similar.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by C32AMGSC
Dont know, i just learned that his niece died so he is out of town. I have been busy getting ready for my next deployment so i havent talked to anyone really.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:30 PM

push it as far as you can before you stop getting serious returns for your money (and without taking away the things that make it a mercedes)

spend the rest of the money either on a "drag car" type chassis and parts or save it and get into a tuned 911 or similar.
I understand...everyone is different. I dont have a lot of money, like you guys think. I have just been in the sandbox for over 4 years, getting ready to go on deployment number 5. I saved a lot, that is why i have what i have. Nice home, nice cars. But i am alone. No wife, no kids, not really any responsibilities like most of you guys have. I just dont want to get played for a fool. I want my C55 fast as hell, but dropping tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars on a car seems kind of stupid. I guess i would be happy with 600hp or so...that should be enough, hell it would be for most..almost 50% more hp gain over stock. Again, i just wanted to state...i dont know as much as you guys do..i am new at this, hell maybe the PTSD is kicking in. All i know is i only want to make friends here, learn more from you guys, and have a great time doing it. If you can help guide me and let me know what to do then i would appreciate that. Most of the time it seems that when they see a soldier in uniform, people like to rape them for the cash..why i dont know...but it seems like we get taken advantage of a lot. This isnt a pity party so i will shut up cause i am spoiling the mood. I appreciate all of you and what you do and what you are about. In a world of so many fake people it seems like i have found a place where that is minimal. Thank you all, my mind is open and ready to learn.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:55 PM

05 C55
this might sound discouraging, but if you are looking for 750hp, start out with an E55. The E55 already has the expensive part of the work done (supercharger), and their is a ton of aftermarket support existing and up and coming. They have really come down a lot in price lately, just like my damn C55. if i knew two years ago what i know now, i probably would have passed on my car. its a great car that i love to drive, but mod friendly it is not. ive just decided to keep it as a daily driver, and look for something else to mod.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Dont know, i just learned that his niece died so he is out of town. I have been busy getting ready for my next deployment so i havent talked to anyone really.
~620 rwhp and ~500 rwtq is what he'll (or you'd) have to dyno, to have 750/600 at the crank.

GL!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:11 PM

C55
Props to you buying a CLK63 black series from an military salary. Why do you want to make the C55 fast, when the black series already accomplishes that, handles better, and stops better. Moreso when you spent at least 100 large on the BS that seems redundant? Heck you said so yourself...

I want my C55 fast as hell, but dropping tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars on a car seems kind of stupid.
You must have saved every single penny, god knows you don't get paid enough.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by mkonei
this might sound discouraging, but if you are looking for 750hp, start out with an E55. The E55 already has the expensive part of the work done (supercharger), and their is a ton of aftermarket support existing and up and coming. They have really come down a lot in price lately, just like my damn C55. if i knew two years ago what i know now, i probably would have passed on my car. its a great car that i love to drive, but mod friendly it is not. ive just decided to keep it as a daily driver, and look for something else to mod.
thats a possible avenue but i wanted to try my luck with a c55.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V12 Bi Turbo?