C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Sale: 5.5 badges & VRP paddles shifters=selling the car now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
C55 Sale: 5.5 badges & VRP paddles shifters=selling the car now

Well just when I got my 5.5 AMG Badges in and now the VRP Paddle shifters are supposed to be in I'm going to have to sell my car.

I'm in Austin, TX and I have a loaded 2006 C55 with 29,500 miles for sale. Anyone interested?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Why are you selling? And how much are you asking?
Old 08-08-2008, 04:08 PM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Well I am selling so I can save up to buy a Porsche. I'm entertaining offers over 33K.

Sean
Old 09-20-2008, 07:52 PM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Okay I've truly decided to sell it. Classified ad will go up tomorrow. Contact me if you're interested.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Originally Posted by slowrey
Well I am selling so I can save up to buy a Porsche. I'm entertaining offers over 33K.

Sean
oh, a Porsche.

and here I thought something terrible happened, and you HAD to sell your C55... good grief !
Old 09-22-2008, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Did you purchase it from the dealership in "Boerne"
Old 09-22-2008, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
I only ask because I almost purchsed one from them in Feb 2006 but I got orders to Turkey
Old 09-22-2008, 10:48 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Nope bought it out of state. Wonderful car and I'm going to miss it. I've been driving our 98 Ford Ranger Manual everything and when I do get the chance to drive the C55 I second guess my committment to driving a Ranger for a year.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Which Porsche are you looking to purchase next? I can't imagine how hard it would be to go from a C55 to a manual Ranger, but in the end you will appreciate the Porsche all the more. I admire the commitment and sacrifice. Best of luck with the sale!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:46 PM
OPM

I do not like to criticize, but reading this, I must say – either your story is total BS or you are high on crack. If it’s the latter, can a brother get a hit?

-

Last edited by OPM; 09-22-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Originally Posted by OPM
I do not like to criticize, but reading this, I must say – either your story is total BS or you are high on crack. If it’s the latter, can a brother get a hit?

-

Old 09-22-2008, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Originally Posted by OPM

-
Umm, what?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:14 PM
OPM

Oh, come on guys. Is it really that hard to understand? Who sells one luxury car in order to drive junk for a year and then buy another luxury car???

Anybody wants to buy my 8 bedroom mansion? After I sell it I’d like to save money for a year by renting a studio apartment and then buy a 10 bedroom mansion. His whole premise is ludicrous.

BTW, he has a 2006 C55, which likely means he paid between $45-60K. Now he is selling to save money for a year to buy a more expensive car??? Yea right!!!

-
Old 09-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by wawy
Umm, what?
Yes, OPM's comments came from out of left field, unprovoked. I usually just tune him out. Too much negetivity.

Oh oh. Am I being too negetive by say that?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:32 PM

I'll buy the paddle shifters for $100
Old 09-22-2008, 07:47 PM
OPM

Originally Posted by ScottW911
Yes, OPM's comments came from out of left field, unprovoked. I usually just tune him out. Too much negetivity.

Oh oh. Am I being too negetive by say that?
Wow. Are you saying you usually tune me out because of my negativity? If so – are you sure you are not mixing me with someone else? This is probably the first “negative” thing I ever said on this forum. So you must be thinking about someone else.

As for it being unprovoked, well yes and no. If he said something like, “I am selling C55 to get 911” or “I cannot afford it anymore” or “I am selling for personal reasons”. I would not have said anything. You would be correct in saying it’s none of my business. However, he is obviously lying about the motivation for the sale. May be his reasons for lying are sinister e.g., the C55 took a drink during the recent hurricane in TX; or maybe they are innocent e.g., the guy lost his job and does not wish to say that. Either way, by lying he is diminishing the value of the entire forum. So I felt it’s appropriate for me to call him on it.

-

Last edited by OPM; 09-22-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Originally Posted by OPM
Wow. Are you saying you usually tune me out because of my negativity? If so – are you sure you are not mixing me with someone else? This is probably the first “negative” thing I ever said on this forum. So you must be thinking about someone else.

As for it being unprovoked, well yes and no. If he said something like, “I am selling C55 to get 911” or “I cannot afford it anymore” or “I am selling for personal reasons”. I would not have said anything. You would be correct in saying it’s none of my business. However, he is obviously lying about the motivation for the sale. May be his reasons for lying are sinister e.g., the C55 took a drink during the recent hurricane in TX; or maybe they are innocent e.g., the guy lost his job and does not wish to say that. Either way, by lying he is diminishing the value of the entire forum. So I felt it’s appropriate for me to call him on it.

-
Tool,

It's called delayed gratification. He's sacrificing his C55 for something better in the future. Sometimes you have to downsize to upgrade...and whether his reason for selling the car is valid or not, you have no place to question it, let alone the place to speak for the entire forum! ...what do YOU drive?

OP: Good luck on your sale, any pics of the C?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by OPM
he is obviously lying about the motivation for the sale. May be his reasons for lying are sinister

-
Wow. That is a bold accusation based on squat. Who's to say he isn't going from a C55 to a Porsche GT3? He didn't specify so why assume he's automatically a liar? Not a fair assumption in my book.
Not everyone can go from one "luxury car" to the next. Rather than assuming the car is trashed, why not assume he has a kid he's putting through medical school. Maybe he is a hard working American and saved up a long time for the C55 and now wants to continue to save for a more expensive Porsche? Not that hard to believe at all in my book and I stand by my earlier statement. I respect the OPs commitment to saving and working/sacrificing for what he really wants.
To flat out call someone an "obvious" liar for not so obvious reasons based on your assumptions is just f'd up.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:29 PM

Bicycle
Wow, and to think I was going to post that I might be getting rid of my C55 for a Gmc 2500. Who knows maybe he'll say that's b/c I blew the engine up with nos lol. To the op G/l on yours sales.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:17 PM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
OPM you crack me up. You think and sound like you know something however you truly know nothing. Maybe you should step back and realize that you're not the soothsayer that you claim to be or that because you don't understand or fathom something that it doesn't mean that it's not real or true.

Truth be told, my father gave me his 98 Ford Ranger with 60K on it after he bought a 2008 Ford Escape. I work from home and drive my car 2-3 days a week. Thus I've decided to sell my car since I have a car payment on it, take that car payment and put it in the bank and drive the Ranger for about a year and a half. At that time I'll be able to have the same car payment, a very nice down payment and get the Porsche C2S or C4S that I want.

I live in Austin, TX watch the weather channel hero we didn't get but 30 minutes of rain during hurricane IKE. I didn't lose my job and I work for a Fortune 500 company and work from home. Surprise..... jackass get a clue.

As far me being a liar. You actually just make me chuckle. Thank god for people like you because it just makes sane, logical, honest people glow.

You call it illogical however it's very logical.

P.S. The car has full factory warranty, clean carfax and I have all the service records since I've owned it for 14K miles. Call my service advisor he'll make you look pretty stupid.
1998 Ford Ranger

2006 C55 for sale

Last edited by slowrey; 09-22-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Wow, nice looking car! The C55 is pretty sweet too.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Wow, nice looking car! The C55 is pretty sweet too.
Hey Slow, why are you explaining anything to this guy?? Your motivations for whatever you do are YOURS and yours alone!! I don't answer to anyone BUT the big guy upstairs and neither should you!! BTW, beautiful car. I think you'll be sorry to see her go when you get the maintenance schedule on that Porsche!! My buddy's Boxster S ( I think you're going for a 911 if I recall from a prior post) has been a warranty and maintenance nightmare.

ON the price, don't know what to tell you. The market for high performance cars of all types is slow. I follow the Manheim auctions and the C32s are in the mid-low teens and the E 55s are going (at auction) in the 20s now. Get what you can get.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:07 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Sean, I agree you did not need to provide an explanation, yet I am so glad you did. The moron in Boston now looks like an even bigger tool than he did before, and your well tempered response simply elevates you to levels on the hierarchy of life that he can only wish to achieve. I commend you for providing your story, and I can only assume OPs is now trying to craft some ridiculous rant to reply with, to which I'd just let it fly on by. Let him stew in it...
Game, Set, Match goes to Slowrey!

PS - your C55 is stunning!
Old 09-23-2008, 04:08 PM
OPM

May be it’s my skeptical nature, or critical thinking skills, or the immortal words of P.T. Barnum - "There's a sucker born every minute", but I cannot believe that I am the only one on this forum who was suspicious of his original story. Even the full explanation is full of holes, let alone the original.

Sean, you bought C55 about a year ago and proceeded to put 14K miles on it, which is average mileage, especially for this type of a car. Yet, you are claiming that car is just rusting away on your driveway. I know, next someone will say, he used to drive it, but now he works from home. Well, in the last 2 months since he decided to sell it he put 2K miles on it, which is inline with his prior average monthly mileage. Besides, if you are selling because you hardly drive it anymore, how is getting a more expensive Porsche makes sense??? According to your logic it is wasteful to have C55 and not driving it. It is better to save those payments. I totally agree!!! But then you turn around and say that having a Porsche seating on your driveway is prudent. Oh wait, I know. In a year you are going to change jobs and drive more than a taxicab.

I am not going to ask why your father is giving you “Mr. Fortune 500 (Enron) work from home man” the Ranger instead of selling it, or for that matter, why wouldn’t you sell it. Selling it should put you more than half way to your goal of saving C55 payments. So selling the Ranger + few months of frugal living + negotiating a good deal should yield a Porsche by Christmas. I am sure you have a creative story, like he is only allowing me to borough it part-time. Plus, it’s truly none of my business. Yea, like the rest of it was.

BTW, I’ll let you in on a secret. There is a reason why people buy new cars. Nope, it is not the new car smell, it’s reliability. A 10-year old Ford truck could cost thousands in repairs, even with only 60K miles on the clock. This alone could kill your plans. But I guess the story goes – your father will take care of the repair bills.

All those who flamed me – have you stopped for a second to analyze what is being spooned to you or you just meat with eyes? Haven’t anybody taught you how to read between the lines? Some of you even said you are admiring the guy. What?!? Why??? It’s not like he is selling the car to cure cancer. Luxury cars loose most of their value during the first 2.5-3years. He bought a 1.5-year old luxury sports car, drove it for over a year and now is selling it to drive a 10-year old “everything manual” truck in order to buy a more expensive luxury sports car 1.5 years later. And none of you think this story is odd??? All of you think I am a monster for pointing this out? Well I too know the mining of “delayed gratification”. Until recently I was dating Jessica Alba, but decided to breakup after my father has introduced me to his high-school sweetheart. I’ve decided to date her for about a year before moving on to dating Keira Knightley. I mean, after getting spoiled by Jessica, how I can possibly appreciate what Keira has to offer without first dating a toothless 70 year old?

Hey Sean, if you are telling the truth, I apologize. What you do is indeed your personal choice. I only made a post because to me your story smelled, well still smells, like a lie. However, it seems everybody likes your plan so maybe I am missing something. Apparently I am unable to figure out this puzzle on my own. Thus, I would highly appreciate if someone, instead of making me out to be a jerk, took their time to logically step-by-step explain why your plan is wise. This insight might be very valuable. Thanks.

-

Last edited by OPM; 09-23-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:09 PM

2005 C55 AMG
I cannot believe I'm allowing myself to get dragged into this, yet I'm in a bit of a feisty mood so I'll once again stand up for my Texas bretheren.

First off; OPM, Elvis is dead. I'm sensing you are a conspiracy theorist, and therefore I just want to clear the air there. Really, he's dead. He's not hiding out in Hawaii, or planning a big comeback.
Secondly; The government isn't hiding an alien in "Area 51", and keeping the rest of us from interstellar travel to go party w/ a hidden tribe of Martians on the planet Gorlock, or whatever it may be...

I just wanted to clear out a few other conspiracies for you, so we can get back to this current national scandal of why Sean is selling his car. Clearly it's a giant cover up, and not simply a personal life choice he's making, right?

I don't know the guy personally, and I don't particularly think it's anyone's business as to why he's selling his car. Maybe we should require him to provide his W2's for the past 5 years, along w/ bank statements, journal entries, blood type, and the name of his dog. (Clearly the naming of one's dog can reveal deep secrets into their mindset and possibly unveil the truth behind this global crisis...)

Now, granted, you do make an honest attempt at sounding intelligent and analytical, however those traits obviously do not carry over into spelling or grammar, because I struggled to read through the plethora of errors in your diatribe. (but there's no need to go there...)

Regardless of his motive; there was no reason for you to call him out and accuse him of lying. Fortunately, he took the time to provide details into why he is making this choice, and it's not for you or anyone else to question it. It's his choice, and unless he's selling the car to buy fertilizer and nitrogen oxide for a bomb to blow up the capitol, then I (and virtually everyone else on the board) have no reason to care or condemn the man for his decision.

Seriously, you need to go back to crunching numbers, playing D&D, or whatever it is you do in your parent's basement, and let this one go. Honestly, there's no conspiracy here. And if there is --- it certainly doesn't have any bearing on my life or yours. I'm very analytical by nature per my job, yet it never even crossed my mind to question his motive or story. But then again, I have better things to do with my time...

And finally; if your goal was to suck some of us into a mindless battle of wits, well then I guess you succeeded. I certainly have spent far more time on this than I should have, but for some reason this one just rubbed me wrong. (As in --- you rubbed me wrong!)

Done!

Last edited by JToups386; 09-23-2008 at 07:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C55 Sale: 5.5 badges & VRP paddles shifters=selling the car now