C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

No Stereo or Nav Audio after battery disconnect- what did I screw up now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' C32 - 07' H2 - 07' BMW K1200R
Unhappy No Stereo or Nav Audio after battery disconnect- what did I screw up now?

Just posting this fast before leaving, did not have a chance to search properly. I will check back into things later tonight.

I had to disconect battery power to the car the other day to do a little work for a few hours.

After reconecting the power, I no longer have any audio coming out of the Sound system or Navigation.

Checked all relevant fuses (I think) - and replaced them to play it safe.

Still nothing....Everything still works as it should, there is just no audio (and it is not on mute)

Only thing I can think of is the Amp is shot (or I goofed it up somehow).

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230SS
what kind of work were you doing? also- did you have the key in the ignition during the disconnect or reconnect?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by bumpnzx3
what kind of work were you doing? also- did you have the key in the ignition during the disconnect or reconnect?
I was hardwiring a radar detector, and the key was not in the ignition.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Exclamation

Maybe the Audio and Nav just didn't reset properly after reconnection of Batt. Try doing it again and if don't work try going to dealer to see if Audio/Nav is turned off on star menu....that may be ur issue....I had to get audio and nav set to off after I replaced my Nav unit to the one I have now.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by c32used
Maybe the Audio and Nav just didn't reset properly after reconnection of Batt. Try doing it again and if don't work try going to dealer to see if Audio/Nav is turned off on star menu....that may be ur issue....I had to get audio and nav set to off after I replaced my Nav unit to the one I have now.
c32used-

Thanks!

I guess I am going to have to make a trip to a dealer, nothing I have tried has worked yet.

My only guess is that the amp has gone out - or I snagged and pulled loose a critical stereo system wire/connection when routing the radar detector, laser jammer, scanner, and secondary GPS wires through the car somehow.

I can not remember for sure, but it is possible the sound system was powered up (but volume very low) when I cut the power, and still "on" when I powered everything back up.

Maybe that could have zapped it?

I will see if I can find a stereo wiring diagram somewhere and see if a critical line is located anywhere near the area I was routing wires...