H&R Springs #29392 on C32?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
H&R Springs #29392 on C32?

I can usually find an answer to anything through google or these boards but no such luck this time....
Picked these springs up for cheap (part #29392) and everywhere I look I get a different listing on what these will fit or were designed for. It looks as though part #52732 is what is supposed to be specific to our cars.
From what I've found it looks like the part # I have will fit most all W203s and it specifically said it would fit the C55 and CLK55s.
Has anyone tried these before on a C32? Id rather not find out the hard way if this will work or not.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
have you considered calling H&R....since they have a toll free line?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:33 PM

2002 C32 AMG
sorry not trying to take over the thread but does anyone know where and what part number to order some Eibach sport springs for 02 C32?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I can usually find an answer to anything through google or these boards but no such luck this time....
Picked these springs up for cheap (part #29392) and everywhere I look I get a different listing on what these will fit or were designed for. It looks as though part #52732 is what is supposed to be specific to our cars.
From what I've found it looks like the part # I have will fit most all W203s and it specifically said it would fit the C55 and CLK55s.
Has anyone tried these before on a C32? Id rather not find out the hard way if this will work or not.
How aftermarket springs 'look' is very subjective.
H&R #52732 is made for the C32 and yields a drop of about 1" on all four corners. However, as many members here have attested to, the exact drop is quite variable.
I would say that the general consensus is that #52732 with a #4 pad is about the limit that you can go without some rubbing occurring with back-seat weight.

I believe that H&R #29392 is available for the C320 (which doesn't have the same drop as the C32 to begin with). #29392 yields a greater drop than #52732 (1.4" front and 1.3" rear). As a result, you'll end up with a slammed C32 - perhaps even more so, since you are running on 18" wheels.

Last edited by boohooramblers; 08-11-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by raymond g-
have you considered calling H&R....since they have a toll free line?
Yes, thank you for the suggestion. It's after hours and I was hoping for a quick answer from someone that's tried it.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 08-11-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by bobby02c32AMG
sorry not trying to take over the thread but does anyone know where and what part number to order some Eibach sport springs for 02 C32?
I know guys who have done it but the only part number I could find was for a C320. Apparently that worked for a guy with 19"s though. https://mbworld.org/forums/archive/i.../t-171488.html

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 08-11-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
I believe that H&R #29392 is available for the C320 (which doesn't have the same drop as the C32 to begin with). #29392 yields a greater drop that #52732 (1.4" front and 1.3" rear). As a result, you'll end up with a slammed C32 - perhaps even more so, since you are running on 18" wheels.
I don't mind dropped, but "slammed" makes me a bit nervous. Should I order spacers first just to be safe? If I need spacers, any suggestion on where to start?

I could have sworn a few people on here had done this before...
Old 08-11-2008, 11:22 PM

I don't mind dropped, but "slammed" makes me a bit nervous. Should I order spacers first just to be safe? If I need spacers, any suggestion on where to start?

I could have sworn a few people on here had done this before...
I'm pretty sure the #4 pad is the largest available so I don't think that'll do the job with the part # you have.
Then again, like I said - the drop appears to be quite variable. Perhaps you will see desirable results with #29392 and a #4 pad.

There are many threads dedicated to such an endeavor with H&R springs. If memory serves me correctly, there is a very informative thread where 'jgsx' tried #52732 with #4 pads and he had undesirable rubbing whenever he had rear seat passengers.
I changed my springs with #52732 and #4 pads in the rear (only upon acquiring mechanical advice from 'Splinter') and the drop was too much for my taste - even without any extra rear seat weight. They were promptly removed!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG

There are many threads dedicated to such an endeavor with H&R springs. If memory serves me correctly, there is a very informative thread where 'jgsx' tried #52732 with #4 pads and he had undesirable rubbing whenever he had rear seat passengers.
I just looked up some of jgsx's posts and I think I found what you were referring too. I think I will just try the front springs and leave the rear stock. The front is the main part that needs dropped to look flush anyway. It looks as though the pad everyone is talking about is only for the rear, correct? Front alone should be ok? Does the stock suspension have a shim or pad already in there? If so, what number comes stock?

If that doesn't look right or won't work then I guess I'll have some springs for sale.

This is the thread I admittedly did a poor job of searching for earlier. https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=h&r
Still no word from the guy that tried it on how it worked however. From reading other websites guys were even cutting some of the front springs on the 52732's to get the front even lower.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 08-12-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
How aftermarket springs 'look' is very subjective.
H&R #52732 is made for the C32 and yields a drop of about 1" on all four corners. However, as many members here have attested to, the exact drop is quite variable.
I would say that the general consensus is that #52732 with a #4 pad is about the limit that you can go without some rubbing occurring with back-seat weight.

I believe that H&R #29392 is available for the C320 (which doesn't have the same drop as the C32 to begin with). #29392 yields a greater drop than #52732 (1.4" front and 1.3" rear). As a result, you'll end up with a slammed C32 - perhaps even more so, since you are running on 18" wheels.

I'm not sure this is quite accurate. The published "drop" is based on two things - stock ride height vs. post-spring-install ride height for the model the spring is designed for. It is not a universal, static amount of expected drop. So, if a C320 has a fairly high stock ride height, dropping it to a more sporting ride height will require more "drop."

As boohoo alluded to, the C32 has a lower stock ride height to begin with. If I had to guess, #29292 installed on a C32 would yield LESS drop than #52732 - because isn't a stock C32 ride height at least .75" lower than a C320 stock ride height? So if a spring drops the C320 1.4", it might only drop the C32 another .65" (or less) - whereas the #52732 drops the C32 roughly an inch, give or take.

Either way you go, definitely use the #4 pads in the rear - you'll end up with a more levelled look. IIRC, stock uses a #2 pad.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
.......I'm not sure this is quite accurate. The published "drop" is based on two things - stock ride height vs. post-spring-install ride height for the model the spring is designed for. It is not a universal, static amount of expected drop. So, if a C320 has a fairly high stock ride height, dropping it to a more sporting ride height will require more "drop.".......

Good point - I should have included that info.
When I removed my H&R springs (due to the rear being 'slammed'), I gave them to a guy with a C320. He only achieved a 1" drop when he installed them on his car. I guess the take-home message is that H&R springs don't necessarily produce the drop that is advertised.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Now I'm more confused than ever.lol All I know at this point is I need the #4 shim, which I'm trying to find now. Also tried to call H&R but nobody has been answering. I'm hoping they can make sense of it all.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
INTERESTING!

I just got off the phone with the guys at H&R. According to them these part numbers are for the EXACT SAME SPRING! These springs are all one in the same. The reason they list separate part numbers is supposedly to help cut down on confusion. Since the regular C sits higher than the AMG they made up a separate part number so they could list the potential lowering numbers separate.
I asked why there is a $10 price difference between the kits then if they are the same and they said it was an error that has since been corrected in their parts catalog.
They also said based on their testing the stock #2 shim on the C32AMG is fine with rims up to 19"...or should be. They of course couldn't guarantee me of that however.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:15 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg

this is what I have fitted on mine and they are listed as the correct spring for our C32's

I had the #4 spring pads put in the back to correct the drop issue ( these are easily sourced from the dealer and cost very little) + the original springs already have a smaller spring pad fitted as standard so nothing out of the ordinary

I don't have any rubbing issues but then I'm on the standard 17" wheels on 255 tyres so I can't really vouch for anything larger

the drop for me is good being about 1.5" lower front and rear and definitely improved the look of the car ,in fact it's about the only positive change they have made

tbh I can't really feel much difference in the ride or handling other than a little more road feel and a tendency for the steering to go a bit light under hard acceleration so I'm not really that impressed

if all your looking for is lowering then they work fine , but if like me you want to also improve the handling I'd forget the springs and go with coilovers or something similar

I should add that my car is a Euro spec model which I believe comes with stiffer springs than the US models as standard and would probably explain why I haven't felt much of a difference

HTH
Old 06-19-2010, 09:04 AM

range rover looking for a new w206
Ok this is an old thread , I am thinking of springs now , I have just fitted Eibach sway bar kit . So From stock if I go to spring spacer #2 and the correct H&R C32 springs I should acheve aprox 1" drop all round ? I am running 18 " wheels