Need Help with KMAC camber kit!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars and boats!
Need Help with KMAC camber kit!!!

Well, I am stumped!!! I took a look at some pics from a member who posted about the install of the KMAC kit on his W124 and it seemed to make sense.

Then I took the OEM C32 camber arm and put the KMAC bushings right next to them and noticed one side is longer then the other.

I have emailed KMAC and am still waiting for a response. Does anybody have any experience they can share with me on this?

Old 09-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
I ordered this kit and returned it for k1motorsport camber arms cuz its lots harder to install.

The kmac bushing kit is supposed to be installed on the inner/lower control arms...

Last edited by TruTaing; 09-04-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by TruTaing
I ordered this kit and returned it for k1motorsport camber arms cuz its lots harder to install.

The kmac bushing kit is supposed to be installed on the inner/lower control arms...
Any info on the K1 camber arms...didnt find them on their website. If this KMAC kit turns out to be a nightmare then I may just get the K1 camber arms!!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
The kmac kit requires you to use that lil tool it came with (its gold colored) to remove your current inner/lower control arm bushes. I think the benefit to the KMAC kit is that you can adjust your toe too. I know the BIG bushings go on the inner/lower control arms to adjust the camber, but I'm not sure about where exactly the smaller eccentric bolt goes (maybe end of the lower/inner control arm or on the arm that adjusts the toe). Furthermore, if you're car has some miles on it - it would be nice to swap out these bushings anyways to these polyurethane ones that come w/ the KMAC kit.

I asked around a while ago about the advantages/disadvantages of eccentric bolts vs camber arms, but I didnt get much response. I get the impression most install camber arms due to the simplicity of the install and use.

Ive been exchanging emails w/ Tom (K1MS) and he said last week that the arms should be in stock for like 300+ soon...

If i had the choice, i would have installed these + bought camber arms... thats just me
Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
The REAR K Mac kit requires that the OE Rear LOWER control Arm bushings be pressed out and The Kmac Bushings Pressed in ..It Will NOT Affect the ride..

see: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...t=install+kmac
Old 09-07-2008, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
point taken.. thanks guys!!! My suspension tech took a look at it today... immediately noticed they were for the lower control arms and already installed them. Next step is alignment and adjustment... I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.