C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Money No Object Motor Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 c55amg, 2000 clk430, 2002 clk55amg, 2008 clk63amg black series
Money No Object Motor Build

Ok guys...The ultimate question. If you had the money, and you wanted your motor (2005 C55) built, what would you go with? I am just trying to knock around some ideas as to what my plan of action will be on my motor build. I have decided not to try for a 750rwhp or higher goal. I would settle with a 500-600rwhp car. Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated. I am getting tired of having that scared school boy feeling in my stomach when i come up to a mustang saleen or gt500 etc...also, in this build where would you start first? internals? pulleys? upgraded ecu? where do i begin slowly until i have all of my money readily available? Maybe i am wrong, hell maybe i need to learn how to drive my car as i truly dont know what kind of power i do have. What is our RWHP on a 05 C55? 362hp is what the motor makes according to MB, but how much of that is to the wheels? Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.

SSG WALKER
Old 09-06-2008, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Honestly, if you are serious about this and want a relatively reliable and safe way of obtaining this goal - a Kleemann or Renntech blower with ECU tune. End of story........
Old 09-06-2008, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by wawy
Honestly, if you are serious about this and want a relatively reliable and safe way of obtaining this goal - a Kleemann or Renntech blower with ECU tune. End of story........

and how much hp will that produce?
Old 09-06-2008, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There are different variants and options you can go with but if you wanted the full meal deal from Kleemann then 570 horses and 580 pound-feet of torque (With the Exhaust and headers also).For some insight into this here is a good article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...specialty_file

I'm sure Renntech has a comparable setup also.

There used to be a C55 here that had the Renntech setup (DragonAMG??). Also, there are a few SLK55 members here (Same engine) that have the Kleemann version and seemed to be thrilled. I would probably go to the Kleemann or Renntech website or contact them directly.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Just do what... sunman is doing... swap in an e55 engine THEN mod the crap outta it. :P
Old 09-06-2008, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Check out addicted2speed for his setup on his slk55
He is currently selling his car in clasifieds and you can see what he has done.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:47 PM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
[QUOTE=mb_c55amg_guy;3036897]Ok guys...The ultimate question. If you had the money, and you wanted your motor (2005 C55) built, what would you go with? I am just trying to knock around some ideas as to what my plan of action will be on my motor build. I have decided not to try for a 750rwhp or higher goal. I would settle with a 500-600rwhp car. Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated. I am getting tired of having that scared school boy feeling in my stomach when i come up to a mustang saleen or gt500 etc...also, in this build where would you start first? internals? pulleys? upgraded ecu? where do i begin slowly until i have all of my money readily available? Maybe i am wrong, hell maybe i need to learn how to drive my car as i truly dont know what kind of power i do have. What is our RWHP on a 05 C55? 362hp is what the motor makes according to MB, but how much of that is to the wheels? Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.

Why when u have a Black Series are u worried about Saleens and Modded Mustangs??? - Why dont u mod the Black ur already 140 Horses ahead of the game? And just curious why a CLK 430 and a CLK 55?
Old 09-06-2008, 04:49 PM

05 C55
Originally Posted by TruTaing
Just do what... sunman is doing... swap in an e55 engine THEN mod the crap outta it. :P

now thats a winner, get in contact with Sunil (sp?) if you are dead set on keeping a C class. if you dont like that idea, and money is not an object... do a low compression, forged bottom end, like the VRP 5.7. Clean up the heads, change cams, and add some boost. twin turbo would be sick....
Old 09-06-2008, 07:18 PM

[QUOTE=JT55;3037108]
Originally Posted by mb_c55amg_guy
Ok guys...The ultimate question. If you had the money, and you wanted your motor (2005 C55) built, what would you go with? I am just trying to knock around some ideas as to what my plan of action will be on my motor build. I have decided not to try for a 750rwhp or higher goal. I would settle with a 500-600rwhp car. Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated. I am getting tired of having that scared school boy feeling in my stomach when i come up to a mustang saleen or gt500 etc...also, in this build where would you start first? internals? pulleys? upgraded ecu? where do i begin slowly until i have all of my money readily available? Maybe i am wrong, hell maybe i need to learn how to drive my car as i truly dont know what kind of power i do have. What is our RWHP on a 05 C55? 362hp is what the motor makes according to MB, but how much of that is to the wheels? Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.

Why when u have a Black Series are u worried about Saleens and Modded Mustangs??? - Why dont u mod the Black ur already 140 Horses ahead of the game? And just curious why a CLK 430 and a CLK 55?

Like i was saying in an earlier post...my friend has a modded c55 and he spanked the hell out of me with my clk63 bs. Also when i drive the clk63 bs noone seems to look at me to race i guess...i also wanted to keep it a sleeper so to speak, and with my cars i always seem to want to go above and beyond as i can never leave anything alone. i got bit by that bug i guess. The other cars are kinda a long story. the clk 430 is that quartz blue color...it is a beautiful car, then i was told if i wanted to mod it that would cost so much, just get a clk55, so i did. i cant let go of cars...i still have a 1995 honda accord ex, 3 mitsubishi eclipse gsx's, a lexus is300 and was working on getting a toyota supra, not to mention my gsxr750 bike. i wanted to start a buisness of renting out mercedes benz's in tampa florida. we have a lot of high rollers (football, baseball, hockey, movie stars) in the area and thought that instead of them driving thier own cars when they visit tampa they could rent a benz from me. the problem is that i have been deployed so much..5 and a half years i have done in Iraq and Afghanistan that i havent had time to do anything...hell i am in birmingham alabama right now, havent been home to tampa since april as it is, and i am getting ready to deploy again in jan 09. so you see my dilema. i wanted to do the c55 like no one else has, but i wanted a lamborghini merc for so long, so i have been debating on dumping the money on the c55 or drop it down on a lambo. i am paying 772 a month for the c55, 508 a month on the clk55, and 1189 a month for the clk63bs and its getting a little rough right now..about half my pay is in car payments. i dont want to sell them though. thats where i stand. so when i come home on leave from Iraq i could drop 20-30k on mods for the c55...and maybe let go of a few cars
Old 09-06-2008, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by mkonei
now thats a winner, get in contact with Sunil (sp?) if you are dead set on keeping a C class. if you dont like that idea, and money is not an object... do a low compression, forged bottom end, like the VRP 5.7. Clean up the heads, change cams, and add some boost. twin turbo would be sick....
whats the cost???
Old 09-06-2008, 10:03 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
There are different variants and options you can go with but if you wanted the full meal deal from Kleemann then 570 horses and 580 pound-feet of torque (With the Exhaust and headers also).For some insight into this here is a good article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...specialty_file

I'm sure Renntech has a comparable setup also.

There used to be a C55 here that had the Renntech setup (DragonAMG??). Also, there are a few SLK55 members here (Same engine) that have the Kleemann version and seemed to be thrilled. I would probably go to the Kleemann or Renntech website or contact them directly.
DragonAMG had a full Kleemann setup. Search for threads started by him and you'll see his car. IIRC, it cost about 25-30 large and gave him hp around 550...

Last edited by cdd; 09-06-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:41 PM

[QUOTE=mb_c55amg_guy;3037356][QUOTE=JT55;3037108]

Like i was saying in an earlier post...my friend has a modded c55 and he spanked the hell out of me with my clk63 bs. Also when i drive the clk63 bs noone seems to look at me to race i guess...i also wanted to keep it a sleeper so to speak, and with my cars i always seem to want to go above and beyond as i can never leave anything alone. i got bit by that bug i guess. The other cars are kinda a long story. the clk 430 is that quartz blue color...it is a beautiful car, then i was told if i wanted to mod it that would cost so much, just get a clk55, so i did. i cant let go of cars...i still have a 1995 honda accord ex, 3 mitsubishi eclipse gsx's, a lexus is300 and was working on getting a toyota supra, not to mention my gsxr750 bike. i wanted to start a buisness of renting out mercedes benz's in tampa florida. we have a lot of high rollers (football, baseball, hockey, movie stars) in the area and thought that instead of them driving thier own cars when they visit tampa they could rent a benz from me. the problem is that i have been deployed so much..5 and a half years i have done in Iraq and Afghanistan that i havent had time to do anything...hell i am in birmingham alabama right now, havent been home to tampa since april as it is, and i am getting ready to deploy again in jan 09. so you see my dilema. i wanted to do the c55 like no one else has, but i wanted a lamborghini merc for so long, so i have been debating on dumping the money on the c55 or drop it down on a lambo. i am paying 772 a month for the c55, 508 a month on the clk55, and 1189 a month for the clk63bs and its getting a little rough right now..about half my pay is in car payments. i dont want to sell them though. thats where i stand. so when i come home on leave from Iraq i could drop 20-30k on mods for the c55...and maybe let go of a few cars[/QUOTE

Staff Sergeant - I just have to ask you this now.
$1189 a month for a CLK BS? On what planet is this? The car is 140k.
When i purchased I inquired ab a lease it was close to 3k a month - the finance was like $2200 a month for 6 years.
The other payments on the other cars dont make much sense either.
I dont mean to pry but this whole post begs the questions - U said u were paying half ur salary in cars - ur paying ab $2400 a month in cars so that would mean u make ab $5k a month. How in the world can u afford 9 cars, Motorcycles , money no object engine builds and now u want a $300k Lambo??? Plus what Mansion do you keep all 9 cars at?
Please do tell cause I would love to be able to stretch my dollar as far as you.
With my salary and your math I could buy fighter planes and an aircraft carrier to haul my cars.

Last edited by JT55; 09-06-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by cdd
DragonAMG had a full Kleemann setup. Search for threads started by him and you'll see his car. IIRC, it cost about 25-30 large and gave him hp around 550...
ok, will do i appreciate all of the help.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
[quote=JT55;3037570][quote=mb_c55amg_guy;3037356]
Originally Posted by JT55

Like i was saying in an earlier post...my friend has a modded c55 and he spanked the hell out of me with my clk63 bs. Also when i drive the clk63 bs noone seems to look at me to race i guess...i also wanted to keep it a sleeper so to speak, and with my cars i always seem to want to go above and beyond as i can never leave anything alone. i got bit by that bug i guess. The other cars are kinda a long story. the clk 430 is that quartz blue color...it is a beautiful car, then i was told if i wanted to mod it that would cost so much, just get a clk55, so i did. i cant let go of cars...i still have a 1995 honda accord ex, 3 mitsubishi eclipse gsx's, a lexus is300 and was working on getting a toyota supra, not to mention my gsxr750 bike. i wanted to start a buisness of renting out mercedes benz's in tampa florida. we have a lot of high rollers (football, baseball, hockey, movie stars) in the area and thought that instead of them driving thier own cars when they visit tampa they could rent a benz from me. the problem is that i have been deployed so much..5 and a half years i have done in Iraq and Afghanistan that i havent had time to do anything...hell i am in birmingham alabama right now, havent been home to tampa since april as it is, and i am getting ready to deploy again in jan 09. so you see my dilema. i wanted to do the c55 like no one else has, but i wanted a lamborghini merc for so long, so i have been debating on dumping the money on the c55 or drop it down on a lambo. i am paying 772 a month for the c55, 508 a month on the clk55, and 1189 a month for the clk63bs and its getting a little rough right now..about half my pay is in car payments. i dont want to sell them though. thats where i stand. so when i come home on leave from Iraq i could drop 20-30k on mods for the c55...and maybe let go of a few cars[/QUOTE

When i purchased I inquired ab a lease it was close to 3k a month - the finance was like $2200 a month for 6 years.
I dont mean to pry but this whole post begs the questions - U said u were paying half ur salary in cars - ur paying ab $2400 a month in cars so that would mean u make ab $5k a month. How in the world can u afford 9 cars, Motorcycles , money no object engine builds and now u want a $300k Lambo??? Plus what Mansion do you keep all 9 cars at?
Please do tell cause I would love to be able to stretch my dollar as far as you.
With my salary and your math I could buy fighter planes and an aircraft carrier to haul my cars.
Do I smell ownage? Could Cylinder Head be far behind?

Edit: Sorry. This one was un-called for. No ownage required here.

Last edited by ScottW911; 09-07-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Banned

German
I would buy a car with manual trans.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
i would put a jet engine in my c55 hell maybe even two?

Really though The motor would be out and shipped off to BRABUS. Or maybe i would mix and match from all the great tuners like Brabus, Kleemann, Renntech etc. pay homage to all of them.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Definatley AMG M113 Kompressor motor swap + mods is the way to go!!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
[QUOTE=mb_c55amg_guy;3037356]

Like i was saying in an earlier post...my friend has a modded c55 and he spanked the hell out of me with my clk63 bs. Also when i drive the clk63 bs noone seems to look at me to race i guess...i also wanted to keep it a sleeper so to speak, and with my cars i always seem to want to go above and beyond as i can never leave anything alone. i got bit by that bug i guess. The other cars are kinda a long story. the clk 430 is that quartz blue color...it is a beautiful car, then i was told if i wanted to mod it that would cost so much, just get a clk55, so i did. i cant let go of cars...i still have a 1995 honda accord ex, 3 mitsubishi eclipse gsx's, a lexus is300 and was working on getting a toyota supra, not to mention my gsxr750 bike. i wanted to start a buisness of renting out mercedes benz's in tampa florida. we have a lot of high rollers (football, baseball, hockey, movie stars) in the area and thought that instead of them driving thier own cars when they visit tampa they could rent a benz from me. the problem is that i have been deployed so much..5 and a half years i have done in Iraq and Afghanistan that i havent had time to do anything...hell i am in birmingham alabama right now, havent been home to tampa since april as it is, and i am getting ready to deploy again in jan 09. so you see my dilema. i wanted to do the c55 like no one else has, but i wanted a lamborghini merc for so long, so i have been debating on dumping the money on the c55 or drop it down on a lambo. i am paying 772 a month for the c55, 508 a month on the clk55, and 1189 a month for the clk63bs and its getting a little rough right now..about half my pay is in car payments. i dont want to sell them though. thats where i stand. so when i come home on leave from Iraq i could drop 20-30k on mods for the c55...and maybe let go of a few cars

Hmmm... Do I smell p****? No thats not it, but something smells fishy in here.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:42 AM

[QUOTE=JT55;3037570][QUOTE=mb_c55amg_guy;3037356]

OK, FOR ALL OF THE DOUBTERS...I WILL EXPLAIN THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL, AS I SHOULDNT HAVE TO: HERE GOES

$1189 a month for a CLK BS? On what planet is this? The car is 140
(Obviously you were inquiring about a brand new clk63bs, not a used one for 122k, hell you can buy them now in the low 90k's. You might have never heard of Woodside Auto Finance out in California either or have friends who happen to be the MB used car directer who is a retired army soldier. Also if you had a down payment of 30k dollars from your 4th deployment to Iraq to put down then you would be ok.)

(772 a month to MB Financial, and 508 a month to Alphera Financial. I could send you my payment info if you want them??? or you would like to pay my payments)

I dont mean to pry but this whole post begs the questions - U said u were paying half ur salary in cars - ur paying ab $2400 a month in cars so that would mean u make ab $5k a month.

(yes, an E6 in with 8 years of service, plus incidentals, per diem and a 1850 a month housing allowence makes over 5k a month..6460 a month actually, when i deploy i get 250 hazard duty pay, 250 family sep, 200 hostile fire, and its tax free, not to mention my 15k tax free bonus for re-enlisting in a combat zone and an extra 1k a month aip for being deployed over 22 months in a 5 year period. but stateside its 6460 a month..so its close to half my pay)

How in the world can u afford 9 cars, Motorcycles
(well i am 32...been buying cars since i was 16 and working. The accord was a gift from my parents when i was 18, i bought the 1st eclipse and blew a rod so it sits there. the lexus was sold to me for a dollar because i built a custom deck, a driveway and helped put in a pool and the contractor went bankrupt so he sold me the car as payment. the 2nd eclipse i bought with no motor for 2k and the 3rd for 7k, all used and abused gsx's. my first deployment in 2003 before the war started i was in iraq and bought my gsxr750 off of ebay which is the only bike i have for 5200 bucks. i came home from that deployment and soon after went on tour number 2 to afghanistan for 18 months. while there i bought my clk430 off of ebay from a reseller in chicago. came home on leave flew up there and drove it home. was home 2 weeks and back to iraq again. came home on leave and by the end of the tour i bought a clk55 from a dealer in montgomery alabama on autotrader. 508 a month. tour number 4 was soon to follow. i came home on leave and bought a 07c230 from crown in hoover alabama, went back to iraq, came home and traded it in on the c55..772 a month. i waited awhile and liked the clk63bs..but at 138 sticker i wasnt going to do that..until 2 arrived used at my guys dealership along with several new smart cars which were not supposed to be sold there. i drove the grey one but settled for the black clk63bs. my guy got it to me for 122k out the door...hell he took a 7k loss on the c55 deal but seeing as he was a former ranger he looked out for me again. he is an awesome guy. i put down 40k on the car, and financed the 82k plus taxes tag title crap with Woodside Auto Finance, then got a better rate through USAA because i am a soldier and capped at a certain percentage when deployed.)

money no object engine builds and now u want a $300k Lambo??? Plus what Mansion do you keep all 9 cars at?

(the money no object engine build was simply to state that when i return from iraq again after my 5th tour starting in jan 09 i could drop money on the c55 if i wanted to to build an engine, or buy a 2002 LAMBORGHINI MERC THAT SELLS FOR 140K NOT 300K. Same deal with woodside, they want 20 percent down and 1100 a month for 12 years. but i would sell off some of my clunkers. As far as a mansion, well i dont have a home anymore.the x wife got tired of me deploying..and with no wife or kids...my money is my money. i am waiting on this house in tampa to go into forclosure and use my va loan that i have available which i have the money for. the army pays some storage bills for me (2 RV spaces) and my parents are being nice about keeping 4 cars out in the country house in virginia.)

The way i look at it anyone can afford anything they want..you just need a decent income and beacon score to do it, and having friends helps. If you want something so bad, then get it..if it makes you happy. even if you work 2 or 3 jobs to do it..i have done that before. its called sacrafice. some make sacrafices that others dont need to make..some of my men have made that ultimate one...and it could be me next, so i just decided to live my life like i want to and obtain things that do make me happy. i love cars, nothing else. i have no wife, no kids, no family really and not to many friends. thats why i came on here. So i could share my love of these cars with others and contribute to the over all good of this forum. Not be put down or questioned by people. i have what i have because i have sacraficed. 5 and a half years in combat for this country is what i have done, and about to do another year over in hell. I believe i have earned the right to have what i have. I have protected your rights so you can say what you want to whomever you want to. I hope that now this may help shed some light on who i am. Again, i appreciate all of you guys, and i look forward to not only learning from you, but maybe someday contributing to others what i have learned. God Bless you and The United States of America.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
There you go boys and girls. Lol. I still think what I said before was funny as hell.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
There you go boys and girls. Lol. I still think what I said before was funny as hell.
i am glad you do.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow..and I thought I loved cars!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:13 AM

Wow..and I thought I loved cars!
what can i say i was bit by the bug...guess its better than some of my guys..drugs, alcohol, hookers etc...i like cars. Hell it might be an addiction...AA stands for Autos Anonymous
Old 09-07-2008, 02:08 AM

[QUOTE=ScottW911;3037604][quote=JT55;3037570]
Originally Posted by mb_c55amg_guy

Do I smell ownage? Could Cylinder Head be far behind?
ME? Going for ownage - That never crossed my mindn
Alright alright maybe just once. I could hear the ownage song playin in the distance and was about to contact Q for some photoshops. But goddammmmnnn SSG Walker just put me in my place. Sorry Sarge I was jus lookin for the next Marty (check the BS board) . I was actually thinkin of placin some money with u for investing u truly know how to make a dollar out of .15 cents.
Hats off - now carry on soldier and good luck out there. - much respect.
(still have yet to see anyone actually buy a BS in the 90's none on Ebay are even close)
One more thing - I'll be your friend (that was kinda sad)

*But if this turns out to be a Marty part 2 - Iraqs gonna look like a trip to Disney once the CSI team gets done w you.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:38 AM

[QUOTE=JT55;3037808][QUOTE=ScottW911;3037604]

ME? Going for ownage - That never crossed my mindn
Alright alright maybe just once. I could hear the ownage song playin in the distance and was about to contact Q for some photoshops. But goddammmmnnn SSG Walker just put me in my place. Sorry Sarge I was jus lookin for the next Marty (check the BS board) . I was actually thinkin of placin some money with u for investing u truly know how to make a dollar out of .15 cents.
Hats off - now carry on soldier and good luck out there. - much respect.
(still have yet to see anyone actually buy a BS in the 90's none on Ebay are even close)
One more thing - I'll be your friend (that was kinda sad)

*But if this turns out to be a Marty part 2 - Iraqs gonna look like a trip to Disney once the CSI team gets done w you.
JT55,
I understand how someone could think damn...all those cars...etc...and how much could an e6 make? people dont realize that the army is not so bad pay wise anymore..hell we get another one in jan for 3.9% and add all of those deployments etc...i am not here to brag or to lie (what would that get me?)but remember, some of my cars (3 eclipses)are not running, the accord is a 95, and i only have the clk63bs, the c55 and the clk55 insured through usaa...full coverage cause florida law requires all financed cars have full coverage..which is only 374 a month for all 3. I did see a 2008 clk63bs on ebay today...actually a few of them...one was 99k best offer, one was at 86k, and one was 110k...i dont know who marty is you might have to fill me in? guess i should have clarified that some of the cars are not on the road..hell the accord has been sitting for 5 years now..all of the tires are flat from sitting so long. Anyway, i am here to make friends, and to learn. I want to do the C55 project but i dont know how to go about it. i just wanted some feedback from you MB vetrans on the subject of a motor build with no worry when it comes to money...not saying i would not worry, but if i saved the 80k next year what would i be able to do to the car...i want my house and want to payoff some cars, so i will be limited on the funds. i just need to know where to start....pulleys..exhaust..exterior...what should i do first.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Money No Object Motor Build