F.S ASP pullies for C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by 430
Nothing too exiciting. Just planning on pulling the SC and using an insulating "pad" the create a barrier to keep the heat from radiating from the block into the intercooler. Several companies make these products, e.g. DEI, TCI, etc.

Just one more to to slow down and hopefully minimize heat soak will increasing the efficiency of the system.
Hey there 430:

Just please beaweare of the simple physics law of equalibrium. That is, YES you can slow the rate of heat buid up, but you CAN NOT stop it from occuring. Sooner or later the ENTIRE engine will heat up to equalibrium, ie the same temperature. I played around with this idea as well, and I beleive it WILL work for drag racing, however it shows NO real promise for my Raod course work. Good luck my friend.

See yeah

PS: Please note that this occurs for ALL styles of phenolic/thermolator or what ever other plates are being made. YES they will slow the rate of heat build up/exchange, but they CAN NOT stop it from occuring. Simple Physics my friends.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK32
^^^ I can't realy argue with but...

First thing I am not sure the phenolic spacers will actually accomplish much of anything. I know people talk about them making a difference in intake manifold surface temp but I am not convinced this will actually make a difference in IAT.

Here are my thoughts on insulating the Intercooler. By insulating the Intercooler you are slowing the the amount of time it takes for heat soak to set in an quickening the recovery time. Now in my setup I have my IC pump set to circulate the coolant all the time and I have a very large custom HE I am running. My thoughts are with my setup and the insulation that I will not just slow down heat soak but I will reduce peak temps.

Now this is simply conjecture on my part because I have performed neither the measurements nor the calculations to support my theory. But this is my story and I am sticking with it