C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

radiator flush ?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
radiator flush ?

I want to do a radiator flush with new water, mercedes coolant and some water wetter ...... is there a procedure for doing it yourself ?
Old 09-07-2009, 10:54 PM

C63AMG
Certainly Is A Procedure, Just Not On This Forum

Originally Posted by steve_bris
I want to do a radiator flush with new water, mercedes coolant and some water wetter ...... is there a procedure for doing it yourself ?

Finding little on the subject we offer our humble efforts:

According to WIS, The coolant level "cold" should meet the top of the white portion of the resevoir and be 1 cm higher when "warm".

We chose not to do a flush with just water, simply let gravity do the work, let it carry out any debris, just like an oil change, thereafter, adding new fluid.

Drain the coolant out from the radiator, red plug under the left hand corner.

You could drain the heat exchanger by removing a hose too. We did since we had the bumper cover off for the Eurocharged Heat Exchanger, which BTW, did not fit within the bumper, so the stock one is back in place. Sorry Jerry, bad, bad, bad........

There are crankcase drains for the coolant. After removing the left, about two drops came out, so we do not recommend even fussing with them. They are challenging to reach too.

Next add your favorite coolant. We're using Zerex G-05, by Valvoline for Mercedes, $10/gal at NAPA Autoparts store. Phosphate free stuff, special blend for your machine. We mixed it 50/50 with purified water.

Afterwards, we started up the engine and ran it till it was nice and warm, continuing to keep the fluid up to the full level. We ran it a couple of times to 3500 rpm, didn't seem to make much of a difference, however, should help flush any bubbles out.

Hopes this helps ya.

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails radiator flush ?-c32amg-076.jpg   radiator flush ?-c32amg-078.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 11:02 PM

a g
A drain and fill yes, can be done by yourself. A complete FLUSH needs a aptly named coolant flush machine.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
the way i did mine was to drain the system fill with 15 qts distilled water and run until warm. then drain again and fill with m/b coolant and distilled water 50/50 mix.