MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EUROTEK//AMG
Old 09-11-2008, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENNtech C32 AMG
FAWKING AYYYY!! I need to do that!! That would look sooooo trick under the hood with my color!
Old 09-11-2008, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Me too, I am not even think I would spend $500 for these... being cheap as always They better sell it real quick before some other companies are getting a hand in
Old 09-11-2008, 01:26 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Are any of these available still??!!! Also, what are those VRP ones? Do they still make those, and if they do how much HP does it make? I want some!!, and everything else thats coming to the C32 world so fast!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:24 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by bobby02c32AMG
Are any of these available still??!!! Also, what are those VRP ones? Do they still make those, and if they do how much HP does it make? I want some!!, and everything else thats coming to the C32 world so fast!!!
I think the VRP manifolds are mainly decorative. The bling factor might net you 5-10 hp though. Even if they are ported, I assure you they will not net any noticable HP. If you've ever seen the inside of the stock ones, you'll know what I mean. The plenum portion of the manifold isn't really the problem. The real problem lies in the inlet tubes. They neck down to almost half the diameter just before entring the open area of the manifold. You can port it until the walls are see-thorough, but it's not going to net you nearly as much flow (thus HP) as a reengineered set like NEEDSWINGS'.

If there is another company working on these as well, please spill the beans! I think this will be a great mod. from any reputable vendor.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:32 AM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by Eleventeen
I think the VRP manifolds are mainly decorative. The bling factor might net you 5-10 hp though. Even if they are ported, I assure you they will not net any noticable HP. If you've ever seen the inside of the stock ones, you'll know what I mean. The plenum portion of the manifold isn't really the problem. The real problem lies in the inlet tubes. They neck down to almost half the diameter just before entring the open area of the manifold. You can port it until the walls are see-thorough, but it's not going to net you nearly as much flow (thus HP) as a reengineered set like NEEDSWINGS'.

If there is another company working on these as well, please spill the beans! I think this will be a great mod. from any reputable vendor.
Eleventeen is right, the VRP ones are OEM just painted or powercoated.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:45 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Thanks guys
So anyone know HP numbers for these? Also, are they available right now, if so how much and how do I get them?!!!
Thanks again guys,
Bobby C
Old 09-12-2008, 08:16 AM

2002 C32 AMG
I think the initial test on the prototypes was about +35hp. They have since done some tweeking and teflon coated them, but I don't think they've dynoed (or posted results of) the final version yet.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Eleventeen
I think the initial test on the prototypes was about +35hp. They have since done some tweeking and teflon coated them, but I don't think they've dynoed (or posted results of) the final version yet.
These are definitely interesting, but the $64,000 question in my mind is "will they even fit a C32" - I believe it's been mentioned a couple times that the SRT-6 guys have a LOT more room to play with at the back firewall. If they do though... could be a big deal, for sure. Highflow intake + highflow plenums + BIG crank pulley (or upper and lower combo) + appropriate cooling mods... you talking some serious rwhp/rwtq out of the M112K
Old 09-12-2008, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
These are definitely interesting, but the $64,000 question in my mind is "will they even fit a C32" - I believe it's been mentioned a couple times that the SRT-6 guys have a LOT more room to play with at the back firewall. If they do though... could be a big deal, for sure. Highflow intake + highflow plenums + BIG crank pulley (or upper and lower combo) + appropriate cooling mods... you talking some serious rwhp/rwtq out of the M112K
\

That's what I asked about about 10 posts ago? Hood Clearance issues?? I would love to know as these are going to be put in my CART soon if they work as advertised!!
Old 09-12-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
\

That's what I asked about about 10 posts ago? Hood Clearance issues?? I would love to know as these are going to be put in my CART soon if they work as advertised!!
yeah, you asked in post #10... I echoed this in post #12. Neither of us has an answer yet
Old 09-12-2008, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
yeah, you asked in post #10... I echoed this in post #12. Neither of us has an answer yet
Yes we did ask about the same time.

I'd love to get an answer from either the Michigan crew or the California contingent. Cooling is one of the primary issues with the C32 and getting that resolved on the intake side would really help us HP and longevity-wise. Neither side is talking , thus we are stuck in the middle (once again). The C55 guys must be going crazy here because we have YET another mod to add to the arsenal. Meanwhile, my ML-55 is stuck with the only available mods as NOS, pipes, KNs and maybe a $15K Kleeman. Thats about it!! Pulleys dont work for me on that vehicle.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:31 PM

AMG
I saw these a few months back on a needswings shop SRT-6. He said this plenums picked up around ~30whp with his current mods (gutted exhaust, asp crank pulley, needswings intake, cooling mods) This is very interesting, too bad it's not cheaper.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Exclamation

Originally Posted by l3iGD
He said this plenums picked up around ~30whp with his current mods (gutted exhaust, asp crank pulley, needswings intake, cooling mods)
This is the info we don't get to hear or read prior to sale...I wonder what it would do for a stock C32 or lightly modded can I presume 8-15 rwhp?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:26 AM

MB
Originally Posted by c32used
This is the info we don't get to hear or read prior to sale...I wonder what it would do for a stock C32 or lightly modded can I presume 8-15 rwhp?
You can "hear it" if you search for it . This was talked about on Rob's [The dude behind Needswings] post on the Crossfire forum.

I'm my opinion this mod is something you would do after increasing boost levels. Your monies would be much better spent on a pulley and cooling mods prior to the new intake manifolds.

I am interested to see what LET has in stock for new intake manifolds. Especially if they are indeed cheaper and produce similar results. I'm all about product loyalty (as some have figured out) but in this economy I need to stretch my dollar as far as I can. I can't wait till November...
Old 09-15-2008, 02:29 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by msheredy
You can "hear it" if you search for it . This was talked about on Rob's [The dude behind Needswings] post on the Crossfire forum.

I'm my opinion this mod is something you would do after increasing boost levels. Your monies would be much better spent on a pulley and cooling mods prior to the new intake manifolds.

I am interested to see what LET has in stock for new intake manifolds. Especially if they are indeed cheaper and produce similar results. I'm all about product loyalty (as some have figured out) but in this economy I need to stretch my dollar as far as I can. I can't wait till November...
What is happening in November?
Also, does anyone know if these are available to purchase yet?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:28 PM

MB
A new president . I just want things to get back on track.

I believe the first set of 15 has been spoken for. I'm assuming that Rob will chime in to let everyone know when the next batch will happen.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:17 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Damn, well if anyone wants to get rid of theirs let me know
Old 09-15-2008, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by msheredy
A new president . .
And lets hope it's the one that will NOT destroy the middle class

See yeah

PS: $50,000 to paint over the flag my a--
Old 09-15-2008, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
November is when all the E55 and E63 guys are racing in Maryland I believe!! Thats why they are pumped for this. I believe that JRCART is taking the Black Series out there to represent Chicago!! Go Jimmy GO!!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Damn, well if anyone wants to get rid of theirs let me know

Get rid of them?? We haven't gotten them!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by l3iGD
I saw these a few months back on a needswings shop SRT-6. He said this plenums picked up around ~30whp with his current mods (gutted exhaust, asp crank pulley, needswings intake, cooling mods) This is very interesting, too bad it's not cheaper.
+30 RWHP just for the intakes, I am oh so in NOW!!! Problem NOW is keeping those Michelin PS II's from spinning all day long
Old 09-17-2008, 03:11 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
+30 RWHP just for the intakes, I am oh so in NOW!!! Problem NOW is keeping those Michelin PS II's from spinning all day long
If you find some (or one extra if your getting some) PLEASE share it with me
Old 09-18-2008, 05:49 PM

Srt-6 Crossfire
for those of you that might have missed it. THe dyno results are in, and they are quite impressive. I can't wait to get mine and go for 11's.

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
sorry i didnt make it back online last night, yesterday was a looong day and my nap turned into sleep.

i took our srt6 back to cai and asp pulley combo yesterday since thats what most are at right now. this means we took off our prototype exhaust and put everythign back to stock except for the cai and pulley.

got to the dyno to get our baseline and the car wanted to downshift when WOT at 3800rpm's, we finally had to ease into the throttle up to 4000 rpms to get the car to stay in gear for the pull. the start and stop of the graphs are when the dyno operator pushed his start/stop button so data before the start of the stock I.M. pull just wasnt recorded (which wouldnt have been noticed if he hadnt started recording earleir on the new I.M. pulls). = test is legit, just read them from where the oem starts and up.

so oem pull was finished, turned off car and waited a few minutes to start swapping manifolds and the ypipe. we also swapped in the chip from inmotion with the added fuel we want for the manifolds increased airflow. drove the car on the dyno for a few minutes for the pcm to calibrate and the 3 changes togather netted the +45whp on the same stingy dyno we used when we did our testing on the prototype manifolds. i expect if we went around detroit to find a happier dyno like the one we tested our CAI on (out of business now) we would have cracked the 400 mark but i wanted to stay consistant and not set the bar too high so when you guys do get on the dyno you should see similar/better results.

temp was 74f on the dashboard yesterday

cutouts closed = not in the equation

install time took me 1/2-3/4 hour but ive swapped them several times so please take your time
dyno
http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...9&d=1221678355
Old 09-18-2008, 06:00 PM

'03 C32, '08 ML63
Honestly I'm getting all confused on who is doing what now. So we have the LET intake, the pipes between the manifold and intake that 240M3SRT made, and then these manifolds. Each one on it's own seems to claim 20+HP to the wheels. I've been waiting for the LET intake in carbon fiber but now I have no idea wtf to do.

Anyways, here's the pic of the dyno results for those who don't have an account over there.

-Rich

Needswings Intake Manifolds are finished *PICS*-nwsrt6imdyno.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Needswings Intake Manifolds are finished *PICS*