Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 03:58 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by rploaded
There is a car here in Houston a C55 that has the Co2 system. He has the purge feature installed right at the top of the hood in the grate. So right before a run (or to show off) he blasts a quick jet that shoots right over the windshield. Looks really neat.

Would nitrogen work well in an application like this??? Even more cooling?
My nos purges at that same point. Nitrogen wouldnt work this this setup. I am actually using liquid co2 and it basically freezes the cryogenic chaimbers that the air/ or fuel go through.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
deff get some points for a real cool thread. (no pun intended) I might just cryo the hole engine bay to help cool the motor while sitting in the pits at the track Do you have to run a cryo kit post air filter or pre air fliter or dose it not matter? I would bet In Arizona in the summer when temps are around 100 degrees at 9pm you could get back some time lost due to bad race conditions.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:15 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
deff get some points for a real cool thread. (no pun intended) I might just cryo the hole engine bay to help cool the motor while sitting in the pits at the track Do you have to run a cryo kit post air filter or pre air fliter or dose it not matter? I would bet In Arizona in the summer when temps are around 100 degrees at 9pm you could get back some time lost due to bad race conditions.
you could theoretically run it any way you want. You just want to keep the co2 from the front of the intakes as the engine wont like that. But keep in mind that c02 goes fast from the tanks....
Old 10-05-2008, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 55
Here is a long shot,but could someone make a sealed box in the trunk that would hold say 50lbs of dry ice. You could then allow the sealed box to vent only through those lines. I am betting it would have enough to pressurize the system enough to keep things cool in the pits. While saving your tank for the real high pressure blasts needed for extreme cooling.....

Just thinking out loud......
Old 10-05-2008, 07:09 PM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
'19 AMG E53 Cpe, '23 EQS 580 SUV, '88 560SL, '35 Ford 5w coupe, '53 MGTD and others
I must be missing something, but you're going to a lot of trouble to cool the inlet air that's been pre-heated by the radiator. You'll drop inlet temps significantly if you use the OEM inlets above the radiator that take in ambient temperature air.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Cant wait 2 see teh track results
Old 10-05-2008, 10:10 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by lkfoster
I must be missing something, but you're going to a lot of trouble to cool the inlet air that's been pre-heated by the radiator. You'll drop inlet temps significantly if you use the OEM inlets above the radiator that take in ambient temperature air.
To answer your question...

The system is multifunctional. The stock air inlets are still feeling air to the LET intake which in itself pulls in a conciderable amount of air over the stock system. The air then goes over the cryogenic chaimbers that are located in the intake and cooled once further by the nos that is injected into the throttle body.

The fuel also gets pumped through a chilling device and the heat exchanger is misted with liquid co2 as well. The c02 gets the devices -80 degrees, and removes the heat from the air/liquid going through it.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:04 AM

Srt-6 Crossfire
Nice setup! Are you pulling any timing on your tune? What type of plugs are you using? I have been contemplating a nitrous setup with a seperate fuel system that supplies race gas to the nozzle, to avoid pulling timing and prevent detonation.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by rploaded
LOL thanks for making my day....
Off topic
LOL...I kept telling him to go to the end of my street a do a donut. I told him i would give him a $40 tip if he did. He didnt do it.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Im going to have to do this cyro set up, obviously no intercooler sprayer but intake air chiller. Its going to take some thought to work out how to run this system while using stock air tubes. Maybe i can cut them down to fit

So whats the good word have you tried it out yet? if so how do you like it? When you get use to it and have a chance to mess around with the cryo kit make sure to post your thoughts.

Did the throttle switch for the cyro kit get into the why of the gas peddle throttle button?

Last edited by hooleyboy; 10-06-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:43 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by SRTpowa
Nice setup! Are you pulling any timing on your tune? What type of plugs are you using? I have been contemplating a nitrous setup with a seperate fuel system that supplies race gas to the nozzle, to avoid pulling timing and prevent detonation.
Retune for the NOS

I have the LET plugs/wires. I will pretty much only use the system at the track when I am also running race gas. The ZEX system also supplies gas to the nozzle.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:45 AM
SPONSOR

Did the throttle switch for the cyro kit get into the why of the gas peddle throttle button?
I didnt go that way as i have the dumb button for the nos on the dead peddle. I actually ran a purge/arm and the constant run button to the ash tray with the nos arm and purge buttons.

I am not a fan of having anything near the gas peddle when driving, expecially with this much power in the car.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes/ BMW/ Audi
Jake is using a setup similar to my old one. Actually, everything is the same except for the jet sizes.

As most of you know, I tested the nitrous setup for many months and I strongly feel that anything less than a 100 shot will be perfectly safe.

As a precaution, we wrote a specific tune for the car, with some timing pulled on the top end. With the addition of 100 octane fuel, timing retard, and the Cry02 system, I feel that the setup is 100% safe.

If you are considering nitrous, just remember to choose a good kit, take your time installing it, and add some barriers or safe guards.

Good job, Jake!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by LETMotorsports

If you are considering nitrous, just remember to choose a good kit, take your time installing it, and add some barriers or safe guards.

Good job, Jake!
and talk to Jerry to TUNE FOR IT!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
That is some serious hardware Jake. The "fun button" looks very tempting!

We are rooting for you to be the first C32 in the very low 12s.

I think you need to seriously consider a Quaife unit.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Come on Jake

Every time I figured I was done modding either you or Jerry start something new and confuse me...........I don't forsee the Cyro but the Zex maybe a winter project depending how you do on the 18th...
Old 10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by c32used
Come on Jake

Every time I figured I was done modding either you or Jerry start something new and confuse me...........I don't forsee the Cyro but the Zex maybe a winter project depending how you do on the 18th...
thats my problem too....I have been hanging out with Wayne and Jerry too much...

Just let me know "if" / I mean when your gonna do the ZEX. There is some additional plumbing pieces to make it work on our car.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Talking

Originally Posted by loungn14
thats my problem too....I have been hanging out with Wayne and Jerry too much...

Just let me know "if" / I mean when your gonna do the ZEX. There is some additional plumbing pieces to make it work on our car.

"IF" is a powerful word!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 PM

C 55
Im going to have to do this cyro set up, obviously no intercooler sprayer but intake air chiller. Its going to take some thought to work out how to run this system while using stock air tubes. Maybe i can cut them down to fit

So whats the good word have you tried it out yet? if so how do you like it? When you get use to it and have a chance to mess around with the cryo kit make sure to post your thoughts.

If you do this take step by step notes. I am also considering doing this. Even if it does not add much to our cars, I like the ability to make purges of CO2 for fun at lights and other random places..

Would love to mount the purge facing out the front and blast people as they walk past..... Maybe make it to lift skirts???

Old 10-06-2008, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
I think those DEI intake coolers would work best on an aftermarket LET intake rather than a stock intake for a C55. Jerry might be able to help those who want a cryo c55 intake.

Last edited by pshek; 10-06-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by pshek
I think those DEI intake coolers would work best on an aftermarket LET intake rather than a stock intake for a C55. Jerry might be able to help those who want a cryo c55 intake.
It would take some mods to the stock air tubes to make it work they would have to be cut down to size. I have no idea how cold the air would get and if it would effect the air filters. After visit their site I was thinking about wrapping my headers.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by loungn14

All right Jake, you guys are killing me here!! Since I too run the Jerry Tune and Intake, do you see any advantage to just running the cryo system in my car?? I've been wanting to do the ZEX system at a 100 shot for a while now, BUT a mutual friend of ours is very very busy right NOW Now Vic and I are feeling some real pressure in the Chicago contingent!!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
It would take some mods to the stock air tubes to make it work they would have to be cut down to size. I have no idea how cold the air would get and if it would effect the air filters. After visit their site I was thinking about wrapping my headers.
The air won't flow as well nor get as cold with the stock intake. Cone filters outflow panel filters.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:03 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
All right Jake, you guys are killing me here!! Since I too run the Jerry Tune and Intake, do you see any advantage to just running the cryo system in my car?? I've been wanting to do the ZEX system at a 100 shot for a while now, BUT a mutual friend of ours is very very busy right NOW Now Vic and I are feeling some real pressure in the Chicago contingent!!
Glen,

I will have some hard numbers next weekend at the track and I think that will be your basis on if it will work for you.

ZEX rules...just the install is a PAIN!

As always, I will keep the rear view camera on during our runs to make sure your ok back there......
Old 10-08-2008, 12:16 PM
SPONSOR

Here is a system diagram for those who have pm'd me...
Attached Thumbnails My weekend...how to make a fast car faster-cryo2_diagram.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My weekend...how to make a fast car faster