C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrysler Crossfire
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Actually he gained from using them. Here is why. His best ever was a 12.205 with these (NeedsWings Intake) (ASP 178mm pulley) (LET Custom Tune) (LET Heat Exchanger) (LET Phenolic Spacers) (Johnson IC Pump).

That day he ran a 12.27 with everything above and adding the needswings mani's.

Here's what you didn't mention. He was the only one running the NW mani's with a LET tune. The other two in the 11's were from InMotion. So one would assume the tune is the difference, but worse was for some unknown reason to you or anyone else his LET tune went back to factory settings. So he basically was running no tune, and still managed 12.27. My InMotion tune was good for .50 off my time(12.52 to 12.02). Lets just say the LET tune is equal to that. With no tune and adding the mani's he managed to stay within .07 of his personal best.

I don't see where you think there was no gain with or without a tune for the mani's. Was the tune going back to factory inaccurate information from Distantpulse?

Also I might add these are for the SRT6 or SLK32 only. Sorry not for C32's. That's where 240 will help you guys out.

Actually the night prior he ran a 12.3 best time, and didn't have the tune either. He hasn't had the tune for quite some time actually. He ran another 12.4 the day at MIR, installed the Manis and ran a 12.4, 12.4, 12.5.

Ask him yourself, he'll attest to the power loss.

The other customer that had the same manifolds told me no less then 3 times that day that he didn't think the manifolds offered any power gain. HE thought the main benefit was in keeping cool.

Again, this is like adding a bigger Carb to an engine. Bigger isn't better, unless you need it and it's tuned right.

Why are we even arguning this on 230m3SRT's thread? Let's stick to his product and my point that you will not see the true gain without tuning properly for these manis regardless of who you buy them from.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Originally Posted by SRT6
So guaranteed low 12s/ high 11s with a tune for needswings set up and inmotion... 240 I know your car is just as heavily modified as distantpusles have you had a chance to take it to the track with your mani's and LET tune?

I just want a chart of numbers with a side by side comparison of everything lol. No more endless searching and pages of reading for which size or style pulley is best, which headers are best log style or tube vrp style, which intake needswings, LET, C3 which heat exchanger lower temps C3 or LET, Best tune Inmotion or LET which manifolds Needwings or 240s. Every company has taken the time to do research and plenty of dynos who wants to step up and put this in a graph form that can be made a sticky for all to see and understand??? I would but my excel and power point skills would make you all laugh. Again it might be after the fact with LET not making parts anymore and a possible merger with C3

I'll be heading to the track with Distantpulse ASAP to tune for the other company's manis. It will be with the LET tune so we'll see what we have. I have no doubts we won't hit a 11.7-11.8.

This needs to coincide before he sends them back to get powdercoated and after we get our tuning stuff to read his ECU properly. Small window.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN

Why are we even arguning this on 230m3SRT's thread? Let's stick to his product and my point that you will not see the true gain without tuning properly for these manis regardless of who you buy them from.
Because you brought it up here on his thread

I agree with you that they need a tune, and were designed with the whole intention of using a detailed tune. Distant was under the impression he had a tune. Like I said before it's like missing a piece of the puzzle if all isn't the same as the original combo. Now 11.7 or 11.8 is a stretch but high 11.80's is possible with the right tune. If he isn't at 12.0's with your tune, then it's not tuned right. Especially at the DA MIR is at. Now make sure he has the right shoes(tires) on, because that will be an excuse right there. The other car you mention was MD's, did he also mention his setup for that day was for nitrous and his plugs were.030 slammed shut. He said if he had set up for all motor he would have ran 11.8's possibly 11.7's. You can ask him.

Now as for 240's setup, with the right tune even with the crappy DA he has, should be in the 12.0's. He has a 185mm pulley to boot. Anything less and I know he will be disappointed. He is very meticulous at what he does.

Your statement wasn't very detailed and that's why I called you out on it. It was misleading or insinuated something wrong. You should have said it was tuned by LET but didn't have time or equipment to get it right. The details matter, regardless if were talking about Shelton's mani's or Rob's mani's.

Furthermore I wanted you to know I have nothing personal against you, this is not some kind of pick on TVT attack. I'm glad your helping the crossfire scene all that you are. If you had made the same comment on Shelton's mani's I would have responded the same if the circumstances were the same. I helped Shelton get his car. The truth shall set you free

Last edited by cruzinquick; 10-23-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:12 AM

CL 600
So does anyone want a set? PM if interested.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Banned

German
wow! those look great !!

Originally Posted by SRT6
240 does indeed make a great product from a stock application but no one can argue how beautiful Rob's intake manifolds look and the new gaskets at a steal of a price. http://www.needswings.com/ProductDet...?productID=621

Old 10-25-2008, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Is this the intake your referring to? Im pretty sure this is the one Jerry fitted my manifolds with. And Code 3 already verified they fit with his.
Yes, BUT that's on a SRT, ours is tighter than that!! (C32)
Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Needswings mani's

MDsrt6 the same guy who I mentioned above tuned his car from InMotion and gapped his plugs for an all motor pass today ran an 11.86 @ 117.51. In 76 degree air. You will see 11.7's out of this combo. 2 seats are enough
Old 10-27-2008, 10:56 AM

CL 600
I have a set of cores on hand just waiting to make more power on someones C32
Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 AM

CL 600
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Where are you located?
Just outside of Ft.Worth, TX.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:44 AM

CL 600
These manifolds are still available. Code3Performance is running them on his car and loves them. He and Jerry have been working on a lot of tuning options with them. I am now up to 377whp and more is on the way!

One thing thats a little odd i have yet to sell one set to MB owners since becoming a vendor on these forums.

Do you guys not want the extra horsepower? Worried about fitment? Etc...?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:13 PM

Volvo
Before im sold, I just want to see a pic with manifolds on near the firewall on a c32. I myself was planning on purchasing your item soon as my others mods arrived since my car would be in the shop for a while for the other mods.. So you say 2 weeks turn around time?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:35 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Originally Posted by OverDrive
Before im sold, I just want to see a pic with manifolds on near the firewall on a c32. I myself was planning on purchasing your item soon as my others mods arrived since my car would be in the shop for a while for the other mods.. So you say 2 weeks turn around time?
This and with dyno graphs on different setups.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:40 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
ya, I need to see some pics of them on a C32 to verify fitment and some dyno results from modified C32's.

I have a hard time believing numbers that high with a car like mine....
Old 11-06-2008, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
I'm willing to help you. Are you willing to drive to Houston? I'm going to custom tune my car with LET hopefully this month. We can work something out if you have a pair available. We can test fit, custom tune and show actual results of your manifolds on a modified C32 w/ intake, crank pulley, headers, a few cooling mods & a custom tune. My last numbers were 362rwhp with a cookie cutter RT tune and w/o headers.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
These manifolds are still available. Code3Performance is running them on his car and loves them. He and Jerry have been working on a lot of tuning options with them. I am now up to 377whp and more is on the way!

One thing thats a little odd i have yet to sell one set to MB owners since becoming a vendor on these forums.

Do you guys not want the extra horsepower? Worried about fitment? Etc...?

Yes and Yes!! We have lil room on C32 firewall area and with LET Intake and also Brandons Code III intake, it may be an issue. In addition, I have not heard from Brandon @ Code III once about this mod (has anyone???). Aaron, what's up with this mod? Jerry at LET??? No one has seen picts!! Send us some picts please. This is something I'd be interested in since I seem to bite on about every mod you can do to a C32!!

Other issue, perhaps the price is too high and that's why you haven't sold one to MB guys on either the E55 forums or the C32 forums???
Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/B]

Yes and Yes!! We have lil room on C32 firewall area and with LET Intake and also Brandons Code III intake, it may be an issue. In addition, I have not heard from Brandon @ Code III once about this mod (has anyone???). Aaron, what's up with this mod? Jerry at LET??? No one has seen picts!! Send us some picts please. This is something I'd be interested in since I seem to bite on about every mod you can do to a C32!!

Other issue, perhaps the price is too high and that's why you haven't sold one to MB guys on either the E55 forums or the C32 forums???
Actually, Brandon is post #12 in this thread. Apparently he is doing more testing of the unit, but no further feedback as of yet?

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....2&postcount=12
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
I put a set on my car today. The stock intake does fit, although it definitely pushes up the drivers side coupling quite a bit. Its tight, but it fits. Mine were made to work with the Code3 spacers, so the fit was better than the stock plenums. Initial thoughts are, made no difference in power. I will get the car on the dyno and do some before and afters on the same day with the same mods, hopefully on Thursday or Saturday. I am also going to try them out on the dual pulley car Wednesday night, which might yield some nice numbers considering the amount of boost that car will be making. To me, this mod would make more sense with a y-pipe that has been increased in size to match the larger plenums. I am sure additional tuning might help, so I will consider that as well. As far as the work itself, its not terrible. The welds are decent. The driver side plenum is pretty frankenstein looking, as the tube is created with 8 sections welded together for the tight radius. This seems like it could be easily replicated with less sections. That plenum also could have been cleaned up a lot better on the inside. All in all, I think there is potential. As most of you know, I am pretty strict when it comes to testing, so I will run them through the paces for sure and report back.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:28 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Actually, Brandon is post #12 in this thread. Apparently he is doing more testing of the unit, but no further feedback as of yet?

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....2&postcount=12
ya, kinda sounds like its not ready for prime time yet?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by loungn14
ya, kinda sounds like its not ready for prime time yet?
Well, this is purely speculative and just my opinion, but I have a feeling that just installing the manifolds just by itself may not be that great of a benefit, but 240 has mentioned that Brandon likes them. I have feeling that the manifolds with a proper ECU tune will then yield results.

I'd like to try it and be a guinea pig, but I'm a little short right now as vacation drained me.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:49 PM
SPONSOR

Mercedes/ BMW/ Audi
I need to see more data to determine the full potential. I like everything that I've seen to date.

I have had these in my hands and they do make power. I would like to datalog before and after and spend more time on the dyno extracting all the power.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM

CL 600
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
I'm willing to help you. Are you willing to drive to Houston? I'm going to custom tune my car with LET hopefully this month. We can work something out if you have a pair available. We can test fit, custom tune and show actual results of your manifolds on a modified C32 w/ intake, crank pulley, headers, a few cooling mods & a custom tune. My last numbers were 362rwhp with a cookie cutter RT tune and w/o headers.
Jerry and i are supposed to meet in houston sometime this month to do some custom tuning on my car. Id love to see you running a set on your car. Jerry is a great tuner but as with anything in life to get things down perfect takes a ton of R&D and trial and error, minor tweak after minor tweak. Kinda like how fast Hondas were unheard of in the mid 90's but now they are a dime a dozen because the road has been paved. Our community is much younger and smaller...with parts few and far between and a little more expensive. It the price we pay for owning and modifying these cars.

Unfortunately selling these manifolds is not my day job so i cant afford devote all the R&D id like to such as a big name company like Kooks does to their header testing for v8's(just an example). The point im trying to make is that vendor ship cost money and without having one set sold its kinda hard to justify it but id really like to do all i can to make this sucessful. Other wise itll be one of those things with great potential that dies out and someone bumps 5 years from now and it will get responses about how they are no longer available and was a once-upon-a-time thing.

As far as the price i cant afford to discount them any...it took making a few sets to get the labor and price down to where it is now. I spent $850 or so on my pulley and it was worth every penny. For $750 i believe these are a great performance upgrade.

PM's have been answered...thanks guys!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Crossfire SRT6
Jerry, you have email with my dyno numbers for this mod added to my others.

MikeR
Old 11-07-2008, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Jerry and i are supposed to meet in houston sometime this month to do some custom tuning on my car. Id love to see you running a set on your car. Jerry is a great tuner but as with anything in life to get things down perfect takes a ton of R&D and trial and error, minor tweak after minor tweak. Kinda like how fast Hondas were unheard of in the mid 90's but now they are a dime a dozen because the road has been paved. Our community is much younger and smaller...with parts few and far between and a little more expensive. It the price we pay for owning and modifying these cars.

Unfortunately selling these manifolds is not my day job so i cant afford devote all the R&D id like to such as a big name company like Kooks does to their header testing for v8's(just an example). The point im trying to make is that vendor ship cost money and without having one set sold its kinda hard to justify it but id really like to do all i can to make this sucessful. Other wise itll be one of those things with great potential that dies out and someone bumps 5 years from now and it will get responses about how they are no longer available and was a once-upon-a-time thing.

As far as the price i cant afford to discount them any...it took making a few sets to get the labor and price down to where it is now. I spent $850 or so on my pulley and it was worth every penny. For $750 i believe these are a great performance upgrade.

PM's have been answered...thanks guys!

1. Picts on C32 2. Price (answered) at $750.00