C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 600
Talking 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am making my modified manifolds available to the public. I gained +32 HP and +25 TQ with them.

The manifolds look basically stock and retain the factory sleeper look. Why do these make more power? The factory runners taper down to a restrictive 1.25x1.50 opening, i replace that with beefy 2.5" runners.

Want a set for yourself? $750+shipping. A $300 additional core charge will be available for those who want limited down time. When i receive your good useable cores i refund the $300. 2 week turn around time from when i receive your stock manifolds.

Each manifold is made by hand so they will vary slightly.
Attached Thumbnails 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-mani.jpg  

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 10-21-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
I am making my modified manifolds available to the public. I gained +32 HP and +25 TQ with them.

The manifolds look basically stock and retain the factory sleeper look. Why do these make more power? The factory runners taper down to a restrictive 1.25x1.50 opening, i replace that with beefy 2.5" runners.

Want a set for yourself? $750+shipping. A $300 additional core charge will be available for those who want limited down time. When i receive your good useable cores i refund the $300. 2 week turn around time from when i receive your stock manifolds.

Each manifold is made by hand so they will vary slightly.

Photos and will they fit a C32 with our tight spaces??? Remember, we have a LOT less room than you guys on the SRTs
Old 10-20-2008, 03:55 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
was this on a stock car or a modded car.....dyno results?

I would just assume that I wouldn't get much out of it on my beast...

is this rwhp or crank?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Old 10-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrysler Crossfire
I'll vouch for the high quality product.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
I'll vouch for the high quality product.

OK, 1. Photos 2. Done yet on a C32?? (fitment issues etc)

Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/B]

OK, 1. Photos 2. Done yet on a C32?? (fitment issues etc)

ditto...expecially with those of us with modded intakes
Old 10-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Send me a C32 in NJ and we can fit them.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID

So, these are being advertised for a C32 or a SRT-6??? Have you any 1. Photos 2. Dyno Charts? Before and after? 3. Ever put one on a C32 (I think I know the answer on this one??) The reason I ask is that I am running a Code/LET intake which takes a LOT of room in our bay?

I'd love to get something like this that gives those kinds of numbers. That's better than a tune??

Last edited by Newzchspy; 10-20-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
[/B]

So, these are being advertised for a C32 or a SRT-6??? Have you any 1. Photos 2. Dyno Charts? Before and after? 3. Ever put one on a C32 (I think I know the answer on this one??) The reason I ask is that I am running a Code/LET intake which takes a LOT of room in our bay?

I'd love to get something like this that gives those kinds of numbers. That's better than a tune??
IIRC, Jerry fitted these to his C32 prior to selling it. They also will require some sort of re-tune to optimize them on your M112K. For those who make it over to crossfireforum.org, you can read up on 240M3SRT's innovative mods to your heart's content.

EDIT: 240M3SRT, congrats on your sponsorship status
Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Hmmm...very tempting Any NJ resident discounts
Old 10-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
I put a set on my car today. The stock intake does fit, although it definitely pushes up the drivers side coupling quite a bit. Its tight, but it fits. Mine were made to work with the Code3 spacers, so the fit was better than the stock plenums. Initial thoughts are, made no difference in power. I will get the car on the dyno and do some before and afters on the same day with the same mods, hopefully on Thursday or Saturday. I am also going to try them out on the dual pulley car Wednesday night, which might yield some nice numbers considering the amount of boost that car will be making. To me, this mod would make more sense with a y-pipe that has been increased in size to match the larger plenums. I am sure additional tuning might help, so I will consider that as well. As far as the work itself, its not terrible. The welds are decent. The driver side plenum is pretty frankenstein looking, as the tube is created with 8 sections welded together for the tight radius. This seems like it could be easily replicated with less sections. That plenum also could have been cleaned up a lot better on the inside. All in all, I think there is potential. As most of you know, I am pretty strict when it comes to testing, so I will run them through the paces for sure and report back.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
I put a set on my car today. The stock intake does fit, although it definitely pushes up the drivers side coupling quite a bit. Its tight, but it fits. Mine were made to work with the Code3 spacers, so the fit was better than the stock plenums. Initial thoughts are, made no difference in power. I will get the car on the dyno and do some before and afters on the same day with the same mods, hopefully on Thursday or Saturday. I am also going to try them out on the dual pulley car Wednesday night, which might yield some nice numbers considering the amount of boost that car will be making. To me, this mod would make more sense with a y-pipe that has been increased in size to match the larger plenums. I am sure additional tuning might help, so I will consider that as well. As far as the work itself, its not terrible. The welds are decent. The driver side plenum is pretty frankenstein looking, as the tube is created with 8 sections welded together for the tight radius. This seems like it could be easily replicated with less sections. That plenum also could have been cleaned up a lot better on the inside. All in all, I think there is potential. As most of you know, I am pretty strict when it comes to testing, so I will run them through the paces for sure and report back.

Just so we are clear!! Brandon, are these yours or did you order some for spec purposes or evaluation? I am chomping at the bit for these as I am sure Jake would like a set as well.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 PM
SPONSOR

[/B]

Just so we are clear!! Brandon, are these yours or did you order some for spec purposes or evaluation? I am chomping at the bit for these as I am sure Jake would like a set as well.
Ya, i am very curious to see what they would do on a heavily modded car like mine....

Brandon also made a good point about the spacers. I know myself and others have various styles of phenelic from either LET or Code3, and I am curious to see if there are any fit issues...expecially with the big **** LET intake..

Could you post some measurements/pics from stock difference to yours?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
Exciting news - thanks for the straightforward feedback C3P! Will eagerly await your further results/observations.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:45 AM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
I have copied the spec and currently have a set on my car. Current set up is Code3 pulley/intake + custom intake and this modified manifold. Seriously, I was expecting some gains, but the result was nothing. No, I did not gain anything from this setup.. I have to double check again to make sure I do not have any leak, but at this point I do not gain anything.. This setup may work (not sure) on higher boost (combo pulley) and ECU tune.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
I have copied the spec and currently have a set on my car. Current set up is Code3 pulley/intake + custom intake and this modified manifold. Seriously, I was expecting some gains, but the result was nothing. No, I did not gain anything from this setup.. I have to double check again to make sure I do not have any leak, but at this point I do not gain anything.. This setup may work (not sure) on higher boost (combo pulley) and ECU tune.
dang man, sorry to hear that. I think you'll probably need another tune to take advantage of the extra air. Good feedback for other people in the future.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
dang man, sorry to hear that. I think you'll probably need another tune to take advantage of the extra air. Good feedback for other people in the future.
+1

Anyone with a M112K running non-stock intake manifolds need to have their ECU tune tweaked to take advantage of them... at least, that seems to be the consensus among those who've done this.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thanks for sharing talk to Jerry about a tune for this...The OP did mention a tune from Jerry helped bring the results he posted
Old 10-22-2008, 09:49 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
thats exactly the point.....the extra air is just that without the proper map for it
Old 10-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
We installed a set of manifolds from another company on a car and without a tune they actually lost power. With a tune is where you will see the gains.

And LET has one for the application.

Last edited by TVT_DESIGN; 10-23-2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Somebody cried about it.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:33 PM

srt6
did you dyno before and after or do a track run before and after? how do you know you did not gain any power?
Old 10-22-2008, 05:43 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
We installed a set of Needswings manifolds on a car and without a tune they actually lost power. With a tune is where you will see the gains.

And LET has one for the application.
Anthony,

Who's car was that? I only thought MD and Rob had the mani's on at the shootout, and both of them ran 11.90's. They both had the new tune from InMotion for the mani's also. I have the same tune and ran a 12.02 with stock mani's, to my knowledge the first batch of 4 were being finished this week, as I'm still waiting for mine. The 2 sets they were running were still not the finished product. They were the prototypes. This tune is specific for the mani's.

Cruzinquick
Old 10-22-2008, 05:49 PM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Yes, all are done on G-Tech device; compare many 60mph, 1/4mile runs and dyno graphs. Do not quote me on how accurate this device is to the real world. But I use it to see if my car makes any different after each mod.
I am not trying to blash anyone here. It's just my own experience. You can do this mod yourself and have your own experience.

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
did you dyno before and after or do a track run before and after? how do you know you did not gain any power?
Old 10-22-2008, 06:04 PM

CL 600

Maybe your copy of my design wasnt quite as accurate as what you had hoped for.

Can you please provide pictures of your "version"...?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!