LET intake installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
LET intake installation

I'm in the process of installing the LET intake, but I wanted to know how others have theirs installed. Putting on the 55 Y pipe was a PITA! After that I put on the metal pipe section, but I was wondering how it's supposed to stay put. It has a metal bar sticking out. Is the metal bar supposed to just sit on top of the engine's airbox mount? It would be better if it was clipped on so it wouldn't come loose.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:59 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by pshek
I'm in the process of installing the LET intake, but I wanted to know how others have theirs installed. Putting on the 55 Y pipe was a PITA! After that I put on the metal pipe section, but I was wondering how it's supposed to stay put. It has a metal bar sticking out. Is the metal bar supposed to just sit on top of the engine's airbox mount? It would be better if it was clipped on so it wouldn't come loose.
First put the sl55 splitter on by itself. It makes it easier to install.

Then put the tubes to the 55 splitter as you can angle them to get them to fit in right.

Then, remove the metal u shaped clips that hook on to the mushroom looking black rubber pieces that are on the engine (from the stock), and slide them over the tabs on the let intake. The metal clips are what is used to keep the intake on the engine.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Thanks for the advice. I put on the splitter first. It was very difficult to put on. Too tight space. It's rubbing on the manifolds and the firewall. I'm thinking about putting a cloth around the rubber hose section to protect it against damage. Some of the rubber lines, like the valve cover breather hose have this protective cloth.

I forgot to transfer the clips over.