C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

center console compartment wires??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 - Silver
center console compartment wires??

In my 2005 C55 center console compartment, there are two wires [taped together, that lead up into the center armrest top cover and then disappear. What are these wires for? I am assuming that they are for an option that I most likely do not have in my car, but am still curious as to what I am missing out on. I will post pictures if anyone is unsure of what I am talking about.
As you can see by my posts, I am a new owner and still learning my way around the car.

Other question I have is, I notice that when I let off the gas and coast, my car seems to de-accelerate quite quickly vs my minivan. It doesn't seem to matter if I am in auto mode or manual mode, nor which gear I am in. I would have thought in 4th or 5th that I would get a better coast down speed. I have read the talk about how the brake pads keep the rotors dry in the rain by slightly scrubbing, and up here in Vancouver it has been raining a lot, but would this be an explanation to my question, or do I have an issue? Any advice here would be great as I feel like I am getting overly poor gas mileage because of this.

I've learned so much already by scanning this site, most of you have been a great help for a Noob like myself. Thanks for being here.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
Hey- Nice to see another C55 owner in Vancouver
There may be an Vancouver MB meet this weekend, come and join us!
LINK
As for the wires in center console, I believe they're for the bluetooth option.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 AMG GT-S
The wires that run into the centre armrest are for the bluetooth or cellphone cradle. It comes pre wired incase at a later stage you add the mobile phone function. Had a clk with out the wiring and added it in later cost a arm and a leg doing all the wiring.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55 AMG
And as for the coasting. It is all gearing. Your AMG is set up to respond to your foot, and it is ready. The low gearing pulls on the motor.