C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

c32 alignment issue...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver 02 C32 & White 05 CLK500
[QUOTE=Zeppelin;3442079]Did any of your previous cars have low profile tires? I know the stock 225/45/17 tire is not low profile by some standards but these tires and others of shorter sidewalls will tend to pull the car towards the slope of the road. I think you have proven that it is pulling to the low side of the road whether it be right or left.

Sorry to say this may be normal.[/QUOTE

That is correct, but it pulls to the right a lot more than it does to the left. When your street is relatively straight with little or no tilt, the car still steers to the right. I have to push the wheel to the left in order for the car to stay straight.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
Did any of your previous cars have low profile tires? I know the stock 225/45/17 tire is not low profile by some standards but these tires and others of shorter sidewalls will tend to pull the car towards the slope of the road. I think you have proven that it is pulling to the low side of the road whether it be right or left.

Sorry to say this may be normal.
i disagree...i have low profile tires on my c32 and my other hondas. The car drove straight all my cars.

Only time is pulled was because the tires didnt wear evenly because i drove with a bad alignment. The tires straigtend out once they wore evenly.

he needs to fix his caster...lol i put on the other post. Either that he has defective tires..with whats called radial drag.

I had them once with a bad set of pirelli i bought before made in turkey. It was my one and only time ever buying pirelli tires.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i disagree...i have low profile tires on my c32 and my other hondas. The car drove straight all my cars.

Only time is pulled was because the tires didnt wear evenly because i drove with a bad alignment. The tires straigtend out once they wore evenly.

he needs to fix his caster...lol i put on the other post. Either that he has defective tires..with whats called radial drag.

I had them once with a bad set of pirelli i bought before made in turkey. It was my one and only time ever buying pirelli tires.
So tell us how to fix the caster so that it does not pull to the left when driving down the road one way and pull to the right when driving down the same road in the opposite way.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
So tell us how to fix the caster so that it does not pull to the left when driving down the road one way and pull to the right when driving down the same road in the opposite way.
I already posted the caster specs on the first page. I even changed out my suspension with coil overs and my car still drives straight without an alignment. I'm running on 235/35/19 tires.