C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My painted SL55 full setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 04:34 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
did you mount the front cover with two screws? (one on each side?) anything else needed to modify?

lagging to get a front cover which I need. lol

edit: just realize you cover up the hole for the oil cap.

Last edited by FrankW; 03-15-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by FrankW
did you mount the front cover with two screws? (one on each side?) anything else needed to modify?

lagging to get a front cover which I need. lol

edit: just realize you cover up the hole for the oil cap.
When I bought it...it had the drivers side bracket holder for the cover I guess cut off so it wouldn't snap on so body shop decided to take screw off airbox screw in front and drill hole big enough to be able to use the airbox screws to hold cover down firmly and did it to both sides to make it look universal and yes I had them cover the oil cap hole since it serves no purpose on our C32. Its pretty much a perfect fit if the bracket holder was intact on both sides.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Exclamation

Originally Posted by razormb
Hey Victor,,, intake is looking sick! Looking forward to the dyno results...

ITG has been around a long time and worthy enough for F1 cars in Euro. I have had them on my LET intake through all of winter and they have been gr8. Read up at http://www.itgairfilters.com/

Cost is only $22 ea..

Thanks for advising me in this direction
Old 03-16-2009, 02:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 AMG
looks good..
Old 03-16-2009, 06:10 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by c32used
When I bought it...it had the drivers side bracket holder for the cover I guess cut off so it wouldn't snap on so body shop decided to take screw off airbox screw in front and drill hole big enough to be able to use the airbox screws to hold cover down firmly and did it to both sides to make it look universal and yes I had them cover the oil cap hole since it serves no purpose on our C32. Its pretty much a perfect fit if the bracket holder was intact on both sides.
awesome

i just bought a 63 front cover. coming in soon. trying to figure out how am I going to mount it. maybe i'll put screw on each side to save the hassle as well, but trying to figure out if there's a way to do a snap-on fit.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
awesome

i just bought a 63 front cover. coming in soon. trying to figure out how am I going to mount it. maybe i'll put screw on each side to save the hassle as well, but trying to figure out if there's a way to do a snap-on fit.
Frank it is a direct snap on. Mine had the holder for one side cut off so it only snapped on on one side but with both available you should be fine.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Question

FrankW did you recieve your ordered engine cover yet? I'd like to see pics with them normally snapped in...
Old 03-25-2009, 09:06 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
FrankW did you recieve your ordered engine cover yet? I'd like to see pics with them normally snapped in...
yup got the 63 cover. all the tabs needed to be cut off tho, so using the same method as yours with the airbox screws. I'm trying to see if there's any other way as well although I already drilled the holes.

the cover is sanded. needed to sand it down even more to smooth the surface.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
yup got the 63 cover. all the tabs needed to be cut off tho, so using the same method as yours with the airbox screws. I'm trying to see if there's any other way as well although I already drilled the holes.

the cover is sanded. needed to sand it down even more to smooth the surface.
Hmmmm...before we installed it the way it is now it actually snapped on with the tabs that were only available on the passenger side..I went this route by no choice since one side was snapped on while other wasn't...maybe if I had all the tabs I may had to go this route anyway...
Old 03-25-2009, 06:08 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Hmmmm...before we installed it the way it is now it actually snapped on with the tabs that were only available on the passenger side..I went this route by no choice since one side was snapped on while other wasn't...maybe if I had all the tabs I may had to go this route anyway...
the 63 cover and the 55 cover has completely different location for mounting tabs.