C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need help with my c32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C36 C32 E55 E36 M3
Need help with my c32

The other day my car did not start so I thought it was the battery had a guy from benz come over and he jumped the car he said the battery was still new and said I probably left the light on or something I drove the car next few days and today the car was dead again I had the benz guy come over again and he jumped the car again he told me to bring it to the benz dealer what do you guys think is causing the battery to die out so quickly I turned off the car and took the key out and I could still hear sounds from the car like the air condition or some type of noise still going on or something has anyone had a problem like these before
Old 04-01-2009, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
lol. sounds like the front seat control modules. sorry to hear that. they do that. is your car under warranty? if not, there is a cheap DIY fix on this website
Old 04-02-2009, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by Mitato1
The other day my car did not start so I thought it was the battery had a guy from benz come over and he jumped the car he said the battery was still new and said I probably left the light on or something I drove the car next few days and today the car was dead again I had the benz guy come over again and he jumped the car again he told me to bring it to the benz dealer what do you guys think is causing the battery to die out so quickly I turned off the car and took the key out and I could still hear sounds from the car like the air condition or some type of noise still going on or something has anyone had a problem like these before
Common problem that happens to just about every single C32 or W203. The seat control module goes bad which causes the battery to drain. You can unplug the seat modules and see which one is the cause or have a mechanic hook up a volt meter and unplug each seat fuse to see which one. The seat modules are about $200-300 each to replace or I'd recommend doing this awsome fix from one of our dedicated members here. I did it myself, altho since I'm not electrically inclined, I had my mechanic do it.

Thanks again to Temjinx2!

Here's the fix:
https://mbworld.org/forums/sho...55#post3068555

Here's a great reference thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/225393-c-class-seat-modules-compatible-c32.html

Keep in mind that if you fix one, sooner or later the other one will also go bad.

Good Luck.

P.S. Make sure that you don't keep using the alternator to charge up the battery when it's dead. It will prematurely cause the alternator to wear out. So be sure to always charge up the battery prior to driving it.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Common problem that happens to just about every single C32 or W203. The seat control module goes bad which causes the battery to drain. You can unplug the seat modules and see which one is the cause or have a mechanic hook up a volt meter and unplug each seat fuse to see which one. The seat modules are about $200-300 each to replace or I'd recommend doing this awsome fix from one of our dedicated members here. I did it myself, altho since I'm not electrically inclined, I had my mechanic do it.

Thanks again to Temjinx2!

Here's the fix:
https://mbworld.org/forums/sho...55#post3068555

Here's a great reference thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/225393-c-class-seat-modules-compatible-c32.html

Keep in mind that if you fix one, sooner or later the other one will also go bad.

Good Luck.

P.S. Make sure that you don't keep using the alternator to charge up the battery when it's dead. It will prematurely cause the alternator to wear out. So be sure to always charge up the battery prior to driving it.
+1