C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Official NorCal L.E.T. Tuning Day 5-16-09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
Hi everyone! I hope you guys had fun. Sorry I couldn't hang around.
I am curious what #s everyone pulled.

I got 403 HP and 497 or the torque I believe. A little bit lower than I had hoped, but then I found out about the Mustang vs. Dynojet difference (approx 10% difference).

I'm thinking of doing another run but on a DynoJet. Do you guys have any experience with Pro-Street Motorsports in Hayward? If we do another meet there, we can possibly do 3-runs for about $50 (per the website).
Old 05-17-2009, 12:09 AM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Prostreet is a lie. I came there before and they told me that they had no time to update the site. Its base line is $75 and then they charge additional $25 on top of that for strap fee, + tax and blaming that it hard to dyno Benz etc even though I told them I would put my car in dyno mod for them. They wanted to charge me $110 something for 3 base runs. And yes, another fee if you want A/F. WTF? I walked away! You should call them first and ask for everything or you spend your gas.

Good luck!

My number is way way low

Originally Posted by AZIPOD
Hi everyone! I hope you guys had fun. Sorry I couldn't hang around.
I am curious what #s everyone pulled.

I got 403 HP and 497 or the torque I believe. A little bit lower than I had hoped, but then I found out about the Mustang vs. Dynojet difference (approx 10% difference).

I'm thinking of doing another run but on a DynoJet. Do you guys have any experience with Pro-Street Motorsports in Hayward? If we do another meet there, we can possibly do 3-runs for about $50 (per the website).
Old 05-17-2009, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
You were friggin lucky azipod.... the temp when LET tuned my car was like 95-97* outside, may be close to 100* inside (I felt cooler waiting outside under the shade).

This means BA55 and I got the worst of the worst temp of the day (I'd blame it to SLK55R ). I started around 2.45PM.... and was done around 3.45PM. BA55 followed....

But yeah, your numbers look weird... Either the torque is too high or the hp is too low What do you have in your car? Just software & pulley like your sig shows? If so, your torque is ridiculous.... damn just damn... w/ smaller pulley, I only got ~390whp & 440wtq. Temp plus your H/E may have played a big role... I think during your run it was still low to mid 70's.

Either way, I only care about relative gains... and more impressively, with much more conservative tune (my A/F is much richer now compared to baseline pull w/ Evotech), LET was still able to get ~20whp/~30wtq across the board over Evotech tune in just 2 pulls. (LET even asked me whether I wanted more by making the A/F between my final version and Evotech but we just called it a day). To be fair w/ Evotech, mine was not dyno tune...

I'll re-confirm the numbers when I get the dyno charts... but tonight, I'll sleep well
Old 05-17-2009, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by zoink
You were friggin lucky azipod.... the temp when LET tuned my car was like 95-97* outside, may be close to 100* inside (I felt cooler waiting outside under the shade).

This means BA55 and I got the worst of the worst temp of the day (I'd blame it to SLK55R ). I started around 2.45PM.... and was done around 3.45PM. BA55 followed....

But yeah, your numbers look weird... Either the torque is too high or the hp is too low What do you have in your car? Just software & pulley like your sig shows? If so, your torque is ridiculous.... damn just damn... w/ smaller pulley, I only got ~390whp & 440wtq. Temp plus your H/E may have played a big role... I think during your run it was still low to mid 70's.

Either way, I only care about relative gains... and more impressively, with much more conservative tune (my A/F is much richer now compared to baseline pull w/ Evotech), LET was still able to get ~20whp/~30wtq across the board over Evotech tune in just 2 pulls. (LET even asked me whether I wanted more by making the A/F between my final version and Evotech but we just called it a day). To be fair w/ Evotech, mine was not dyno tune...

I'll re-confirm the numbers when I get the dyno charts... but tonight, I'll sleep well
Great gains Zoink! You and I got screwed with the temperatures being so high . Either way it was great meeting everyone and I wish the weather was a little cooler. I fricken couldn't believe how hot it was, two day earlier would've given us 70's. Oh well like you said all we care about is the comparative gains.

Here's how my 3 hour dyno time run went. We strapped down right after you left and my baseline numbers were 466 rwhp and 522 torque. Jerry was very impressed with the numbers given the conditions and complimented Vadim's tune but my A/R was really lean. I'll post more accurate numbers when I get my dyno sheets but it was somewhere around 13.6 . I've only been driving with this tune for about a week. Long story short, LET was able to get 452 rwhp and 516 on the torque with great A/R numbers...11.7 or so. This was after about 10 or more runs . My IAT's started getting above the 150 mark or so after the 4th run or so and I stopped logging after that...getting a little frustrated.

In the end we ran Vadim's tune again to compare with LET's best tune (due to all the runs) and after all the runs they were very very close but LET tunes was much safer. I basically walked with the same amount of power with a much safer tune. Jerry will be doing my car again on the next trip because he believes my car definitely has more power to be had.

I figured this Land and Sea dyno humbled many people including myself. Just by talking with other member it seems to run about 15% lower than dynojets. Before I left a stock 2006 E55 put up 310 rwhp and 370 tq, take it that he must have had cooling issues with it being so hot.

Last edited by bassn_07; 05-17-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

466whp & 522wtq??? Good God.... if 15% discount from dynojet is roughly accurate, that's like 548whp & 614wtq on dynojet.... Considering 12% drivetrain loss, that's like 622hp & 698tq @ crank???

Now I start to wonder... assuming our cars & Azipod's car are as healthy, and assuming my car didn't experience heat soak during the runs (yours and Azipod's cars do have upgraded cooling), does pulley size (168mm mine vs. 180mm yours & Azipod's) make that big of a difference? If so, Or is it also b/c of my friggin heavy wheels? I heard 20" robs around 10-20whp. Not sure...

BTW, I feel sorry for people who were behind you.... even more sorry for Jerry & Tony... LOL. It's 10:40PM... and I have a feeling they're still working....

Last edited by zoink; 05-17-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by zoink
466whp & 522wtq??? Good God.... if 15% discount from dynojet is roughly accurate, that's like 548whp & 614wtq on dynojet.... Considering 12% drivetrain loss, that's like 622hp & 698tq @ crank???

Now I start to wonder... assuming our cars & Azipod's car are as healthy, and assuming my car didn't experience heat soak during the runs (yours and Azipod's cars do have upgraded cooling), does pulley size (168mm mine vs. 180mm yours & Azipod's) make that big of a difference? If so, Or is it also b/c of my friggin heavy wheels? I heard 20" robs around 10-20whp. Not sure...

BTW, I feel sorry for people who were behind you.... even more sorry for Jerry & Tony... LOL. It's 10:40PM... and I have a feeling they're still working....
Haha...oh yeah their still working...poor dyno guy. I just spoke with Jerry and he said that the C32's should be putting out 310 rwhp and then numbers they were getting were in the 270-280 range. As long as everyone understands that the dyno is a tool and the delta gains is what's most important, besides A/R.

Jessie, it totally sucked that after all that time you couldn't get a run in.

BTW...Jerry said that I still have more left on the table and they'll be taking a closer look at my tune. If it was just a little cooler today it would've made things much more enjoyable.

Last edited by bassn_07; 05-17-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by bassn_07
I just spoke with Jerry and he said that the C32's should be putting out 310 rwhp and then numbers they were getting were in the 270-280 range.
I haven't been able to talk to other C32 owners so I can't confirm this. But if the range were about 270-280, I were then so lucky to get 293 (I have 5bls heavier rim on each wheel). I think we C32s should get at least 310 on that dyno.

I am just waiting for other C32 inputs. Maybe they are still at the dyno? jk...

Last edited by CLKCLK; 05-17-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Sounds like you guys had some good results considering the conditions. As well, even the same make and model dyno from different shops will produce slightly different numbers so don't get caught up in big numbers game.
Bassn, did LET mention if you were getting knock with the 13.6 AF tune? I'm guessing that LET was able to bump your timing a few degrees after lowering the AF.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
I haven't been able to talk to other C32 owners so I can't confirm this. But if the range were about 270-280, I were then so lucky to get 293 (I have 5bls heavier rim on each wheel). I think we C32s should get at least 310 on that dyno.

I am just waiting for other C32 inputs. Maybe they are still at the dyno? jk...
293 was your baseline? Or was the result after your performance-enhancing mods? If the latter, did you ever do a baseline dyno run?

As alluded to above, it's really the delta between your baseline and post-mod numbers that is most telling. Of cource, that number's really only meaningful if it's same dyno, ideally same operator, etc.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
293 was your baseline? Or was the result after your performance-enhancing mods? If the latter, did you ever do a baseline dyno run?

As alluded to above, it's really the delta between your baseline and post-mod numbers that is most telling. Of cource, that number's really only meaningful if it's same dyno, ideally same operator, etc.
It seemed like CLK wasn't very happy with his numbers but his delta between his baseline and LET was substantial. I think he was use to seeing the numbers that dynojet produces. CLK was luck to his run in while the temperature was probably in the high 70's low 80's. If was to do it later in the day he would've been even more disappointed with his numbers. After my run some of the other C32's were getting in the 270's after tune...I think. Maybe one of the guys after my car with a C32 could post some numbers up.

CLK please keep in mind going from dyno to dyno is not the best way to determine your gains. LET was given some very rough conditions to dyno in and they worked very hard on getting your gains. Your car must have been up there for at least 1 1-2 to 2 hours. I wish that I got the kind of gains you got but I already had a decent tune but a/f were off.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Sounds like you guys had some good results considering the conditions. As well, even the same make and model dyno from different shops will produce slightly different numbers so don't get caught up in big numbers game.
Bassn, did LET mention if you were getting knock with the 13.6 AF tune? I'm guessing that LET was able to bump your timing a few degrees after lowering the AF.
LET ended up matching my original tune at much safer a/f. I'm not quite sure if it was knocking at all or not but if it was knocking I'm sure it would've started to pull timing and it didn't. LET will reserve me a spot in the next time they come down here and have a go at it. They seem very optimistic on getting more power out of my car...we'll see.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:38 PM

It seemed like CLK wasn't very happy with his numbers but his delta between his baseline and LET was substantial. I think he was use to seeing the numbers that dynojet produces. CLK was luck to his run in while the temperature was probably in the high 70's low 80's. If was to do it later in the day he would've been even more disappointed with his numbers. After my run some of the other C32's were getting in the 270's after tune...I think. Maybe one of the guys after my car with a C32 could post some numbers up.

CLK please keep in mind going from dyno to dyno is not the best way to determine your gains. LET was given some very rough conditions to dyno in and they worked very hard on getting your gains. Your car must have been up there for at least 1 1-2 to 2 hours. I wish that I got the kind of gains you got but I already had a decent tune but a/f were off.
I got on the dyno around 11:15am and finished 7th or 8th run around 1:00pm I don't think I had a lot better temp though by 1:00pm temp was already up to 90 something Jerry kept flashing it. He told me that he was surprise that my car did not get heat soak and kept picking up some better numbers every time so he kept flashing it till it did not want it anymore. I know it's a hard day for everyone and special Jerry, Tony, and Lazo I appreciate all the efforts.

I wasn't super happy with the result not because of the gain nor the number, but because we spent so much time and effort for that gain (I expect some more ). Don’t get me wrong. I really appreciate all the effort Jerry spent on my car. Gain is gain and gain is good. Yes, I definitely have it dyno again on the DynoJet to see how it does to get some ideas.

Still haven't seen any other C32's inputs.

A fun day but tired day
Old 05-17-2009, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
Guys we want some results about AFR's at high rpm after this dyno day (c32's with 185 pulley kit).
Old 05-17-2009, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
I got on the dyno around 11:15am and finished 7th or 8th run around 1:00pm I don't think I had a lot better temp though by 1:00pm temp was already up to 90 something Jerry kept flashing it. He told me that he was surprise that my car did not get heat soak and kept picking up some better numbers every time so he kept flashing it till it did not want it anymore. I know it's a hard day for everyone and special Jerry, Tony, and Lazo I appreciate all the efforts.

I wasn't super happy with the result not because of the gain nor the number, but because we spent so much time and effort for that gain (I expect some more ). Don’t get me wrong. I really appreciate all the effort Jerry spent on my car. Gain is gain and gain is good. Yes, I definitely have it dyno again on the DynoJet to see how it does to get some ideas.

Still haven't seen any other C32's inputs.

A fun day but tired day
Keep us posted when you get you dynojet comparison. What does you butt dyno tell you? BTW...around 3-5 or so it felt really really hot. All the heat got soaked into the building and it started getting crazy hot...IMO. I'm a air conditioned type of guys. One other thing, what kind of numbers were you hoping for? Just trying to get a feel of what you guys put down on a dynojet.

Yeah...where are all the other C32 guys? Come one guys lets post good or bad, I did.

Last edited by bassn_07; 05-17-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
I was practically last! The silver e55 parked early on was dynoed last.
Dan and I left the same time a little bit after 10:00.

I only remember reading 288 rwhp. Can't remember the torque, probably 10 more. I got an 8 rwhp reading more than on a previous Mustang Dyno.

My A/F got a little better, too. 12.3

Jerry said he could do more, but, just didn't have anymore time to redo
the programming (I have Powerchip). With just the code3 pulley and intake, he said that's not bad at all. I think he was just as tired as everyone else.
We'll see when they come back in the Fall. Maybe?

Thanks again to the LET team despite some frustrating revealing numbers
Blame it on the heat!!

Last edited by 60n5pt1; 05-17-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tony/Jerry,

Hope you had a good sleep and flight home....

Anyway, given the condition on Saturday, did you or 034 log my IAT or read it from ECU? I should've borrowed bassn's data logger. Just curious whether I experienced some heat soak.... wouldn't be surprised if I did.

To be honest with you, I could feel this 20-30 increased in whp & wtq (hopefully, not some placebo effect ) particularly in lower band. Really happy... but wouldn't mind you guys looking at it one more time in Oct/Nov on (hopefully) a lot cooler day.

PS: BTW, in case any members here is interested in knowing my results.... see here https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post3529424
Old 05-18-2009, 12:26 AM

03 C32 AMG
I made 270whp and 272wtq , this is with Code3 intake and tune only.

Cant wait till my pulley.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by EURO KNG
I made 270whp and 272wtq , this is with Code3 intake and tune only.

Cant wait till my pulley.
Euro King, how did the other guys do after I left? What was your base line dyno? I spoke with Jerry and he was expecting the C32's to do at least 310 rwhp or so. Tough numbers on a tough day.

Sorry to all the guys after me for taking so long but it was out of my control. I was getting really frustrated but not at LET or anyone else but just the conditions and Internet problem they were having. Wayne was trying to do my tune remotely and they kept losing data in transition and had problem flashing my ECU.... Either they all worked hard and did their best . I'm going to keep you to your promise Jerry and Tony...I'll be expecting to be on that list .
Old 05-18-2009, 01:14 AM

03 C32 AMG
Cool

Euro King, how did the other guys do after I left? What was your base line dyno? I spoke with Jerry and he was expecting the C32's to do at least 310 rwhp or so. Tough numbers on a tough day.

Sorry to all the guys after me for taking so long but it was out of my control. I was getting really frustrated but not at LET or anyone else but just the conditions and Internet problem they were having. Wayne was trying to do my tune remotely and they kept losing data in transition and had problem flashing my ECU.... Either they all worked hard and did their best . I'm going to keep you to your promise Jerry and Tony...I'll be expecting to be on that list .

My base line was 267whp and 272wtq , I already had there ecu tune.

Once you left the other stock white E55 AMG was up but I dont know what he put down. I was next after him , I left at about 9pm idk how long the other guys were still there.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:49 AM

Volvo
I think i had the highest C32 on the dyno... 320wtq and forgot the hp According to jerry as well.. it would be about 360whp on dynojet or whatever (somewhere in that range), so the 185 let c32's, Think there were only 2 are where they should be, I was not there to put down numbers, Just to adjust my A/F Ratio thats it. Keep in mind, those who were there know how hot it was. 95+ all day long, at night got down to maybe 85. I mixed it a tad bit of race gas to help compensate for the heat. Pretty much all e55's and C32 had there hoods up for most of the day... Almost like a small little meet, I had a great time even if i had to wait until the end of the day.

You Tube Vids of my Car

Strapping it up
Tony is in the Yellow Shirt Siting in my Car (hes from LET FYI)
Dyno Pull #2
Jerry is in the red shirt waiting to go get a beer after
Dyno #4

Last edited by OverDrive; 05-18-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by OverDrive
I think i had the highest C32 on the dyno... 320wtq and forgot the hp According to jerry as well.. it would be about 360whp on dynojet or whatever (somewhere in that range), so the 185 let c32's, Think there were only 2 are where they should be, I was not there to put down numbers, Just to adjust my A/F Ratio thats it. Keep in mind, those who were there know how hot it was. 95+ all day long, at night got down to maybe 85. I mixed it a tad bit of race gas to help compensate for the heat. Pretty much all e55's and C32 had there hoods up for most of the day... Almost like a small little meet, I had a great time even if i had to wait until the end of the day.

You Tube Vids of my Car

Strapping it up
Dyno Pull #2
Dyno #4
Sounds like a healthy beast you have there. It sucks that time became a issue but oh well. Maybe next time they'll limit the field to allow for the little mishaps through out the day. 12 dyno tunes is quite a bit in a day but I'm sure they're thinking the same thing now.... In the end they got everyone done but I think there was still some power left on the table with some of the custom tunes, time became the biggest concern.

Last edited by bassn_07; 05-18-2009 at 03:25 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
Originally Posted by OverDrive

You Tube Vids of my Car

Strapping it up
Dyno Pull #2
Dyno #4
What is your AFR above 5000rpm?
thanks
Old 05-18-2009, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Yup, the super hot weather made it a very difficult day. That, plus this particular dyno giving really low numbers made it even more difficult.

The main thing I wanted which I got was to correct my AFR as I was running lean. Jerry and Tony bumped me up a notch and made it safe. Unfortunately as Jerry predicted, that actually decreased my top WHP by about 5WHP, but gave me about 10 more torque at about 3k RPM's. I can definitely feel the extra torque.

But in reality these numbers don't mean much. I ran a 310WHP with my CODE3 pulley on a dynojet with my heavy *** 19' wheels. Now with the 185, my car is waaaaay stronger, especially since I also just went back to stock wheels.

Jerry and Tony were awsome. I cannot recommend them more. Stand up guys and just cool people. Although we ended up staying there until about 10PM, it was still cool to hang out with all the guys and meet LET.

BIG Thanks to Jerry and Tony!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:50 AM

Volvo
Originally Posted by Robert AMG
What is your AFR above 5000rpm?
thanks
12.0-12.2 AFR
Old 05-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

e36 325is
Hello Everyone, I must say Jerry and I had such a great time meeting everyone and I want to thank everyone for there patience and cordiality for understanding the situations at hand. We had all odds against us that day and still came out on top. We will be coming back to the Bay area in the fall so we can count on better weather conditions and this time I’m not going over 10 customers, LOL.

If anyone did not get there dyno plots please email me tony@letmotorsports.com so I can send them over to you.

Again thanks to everyone being such great sports and we shall see you guys very soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official NorCal L.E.T. Tuning Day 5-16-09