C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Broke the Record 11.988 @113mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Anything is possible. However, I thought you were trying to keep your car looking stock and going with somewhat of a sleeper approach. If you turn it into a Euro NASCAR, the sky is the limit on your possilities.

I had been trying to follow your other posts but it seems like most of those are just thoughts and speculation. Haven't found any recent pictures other than diagrams and possible directions you/Vadim were heading. Maybe I missed a thread along the way.
I have not been posting on the progress much since Vadim would prefer me to keep quiet until it's done but the engine is being assembled as I type. The block was completely re-honed and re-coated to make it even stronger to withstand extreme boost. Vadim has assured me that it will be a comfortable daily driver. No I don't want a dragster. Yes I want it to look and feel stock unless I take it to the track.

I do have to commend DynoComp for completing Hooley's project so quickly. It seems like VRP/Vadim has so many projects going at the same time that mine only gets part-time attention.

Last edited by AMGSC; 04-08-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I have not been posting on the progress much since Vadim would prefer me to keep quiet until it's done but the engine is being assembled as I type. The block was completely re-honed and re-coated to make it even stronger to withstand extreme boost. Vadim has assured me that it will be a comfortable daily driver. No I don't want a dragster. Yes I want it to look and feel stock unless I take it to the track.

I do have to commend DynoComp for completing Hooley's project so quickly. It seems like VRP/Vadim has so many projects going at the same time that mine only gets part-time attention.

I think the hardest part of the project is going to be tuning the car. Tuning for WOT will be the easiest, if there is even an easy part. Its the around town normal driving that will be hard. My project itsn't done yet... Yes I have the car in my driveway, but its goes in and out of the shop for new mods and tweaking 2 times a week. I think thats something you have to be ready for when you take it home for the first time.

I would plan of lots of hours on the dyno.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I think the hardest part of the project is going to be tuning the car. Tuning for WOT will be the easiest, if there is even an easy part. Its the around town normal driving that will be hard. My project itsn't done yet... Yes I have the car in my driveway, but its goes in and out of the shop for new mods and tweaking 2 times a week. I think thats something you have to be ready for when you take it home for the first time.

I would plan of lots of hours on the dyno.
For those contemplating following in your footsteps, would DynoComp be charging for all that road and dyno tuning time?

It can get pretty pricey at $100/hr or even a discounted $50/hr. Vadim quoted me a fixed price that includes all the tuning required to maximize power and driveabiltiy.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by AMGSC
For those contemplating following in your footsteps, would DynoComp be charging for all that road and dyno tuning time?

It can get pretty pricey at $100/hr or even a discounted $50/hr. Vadim quoted me a fixed price that includes all the tuning required to maximize power and driveabiltiy.
It all depends. Rich the owner of Dyno-Comp always feels a passion for the cars he is working on. There is no denying the guy loves power. That being said.. He likes to mess around with ideas that make power.

If he is messing around with an idea I don't think he would charge you more. I think someone doing this project or an off the wall project is looking at 5 hours dyno time.

Rich is a good guy and is very honest and up front. He wont take on a project he cant do. This whole SC retrofit project took a lot of just gazing at the motor for hours while Rich and his head tech Matt came up with ideas. All this was before they did anything to the car. They really created their own instruction manual.

With this project i was willing to help out anyway I could. There were nights we were working on the car until 9pm. I was able to piece out all the parts needed for the project and get them, so that saved a huge chunk of time he would have had to pay someone to leave the shop and run and get stuff.

I cant say enough good things about the guys at Dyno-Comp as people and their work skills. Very top notch.

I don't want to say what Dyno Comp would charge someone to do a custom project, but i will say those guys will take care of you and they live for that kind of stuff.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I cant say enough good things about the guys at Dyno-Comp as people and their work skills. Very top notch.

I don't want to say what Dyno Comp would charge someone to do a custom project, but i will say those guys will take care of you and they live for that kind of stuff.
Well one thing for sure, they certainly made MORE of a name for themselves with your project. I guess you're a pretty good promoter and that deserves some special discounts