New Mustang Dyno Run - 341hp/385tq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Cool Trevor; do you know if the numbers in your sig. are uncorrected, or corrected (e.g. SAE)? Those're great DJ numbers regardless - best I've mustered on a DJ was 325/329 SAE. Needless to say, +60 to the wheels would be noticeable.

Any plans to track it this year?
I had assumed they were corrected numbers, but now that you ask you're making me wonder.lol I honestly can't say for certain. I'll find out for sure when I head back up there. Its a shop all the local ricers go to I guess to brag about their bloated numbers. Apparently there is a Supra on my turf running around 800 to the wheels based on their dyno (dynojet). Entirely possible, but the guy was saying that hardly anything had been done to it and it wasn't a TT. Still possible but, made me a little suspicious. If Phil's stock 55 comes back with numbers in the 315-320 range, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's just setup to make people feel good. If I didn't have the real numbers (several Mustang dyno runs) to look at, I'd be ecstatic about the dynojet numbers. I don't take them very seriously however, and that's not why I'm running around the boards screaming big numbers.

I have a track not far from my new house but haven't had a chance to get out there yet. Wednesday nights are when they run but I'm usually still at work when it starts. I really want to get out there but I also don't expect amazing numbers on the track. With my regular tires, which is what I'd run, I can't hook up for squat from a dig. High 12s should come fairly easy though, even with the extremely hot humid air down here on the coast and not traction till top of 2nd gear.

What all do you have done to your car again? You're running the 178, right? 325/329 looks more like Mustang and Dyno Dynamics numbers. Heck, a few guys on here claiming to be stock put up close to those numbers on dyno jets.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I had assumed they were corrected numbers, but now that you ask you're making me wonder.lol I honestly can't say for certain. I'll find out for sure when I head back up there. Its a shop all the local ricers go to I guess to brag about their bloated numbers. Apparently there is a Supra on my turf running around 800 to the wheels based on their dyno (dynojet). Entirely possible, but the guy was saying that hardly anything had been done to it and it wasn't a TT. Still possible but, made me a little suspicious. If Phil's stock 55 comes back with numbers in the 315-320 range, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's just setup to make people feel good. If I didn't have the real numbers (several Mustang dyno runs) to look at, I'd be ecstatic about the dynojet numbers. I don't take them very seriously however, and that's not why I'm running around the boards screaming big numbers.

I have a track not far from my new house but haven't had a chance to get out there yet. Wednesday nights are when they run but I'm usually still at work when it starts. I really want to get out there but I also don't expect amazing numbers on the track. With my regular tires, which is what I'd run, I can't hook up for squat from a dig. High 12s should come fairly easy though, even with the extremely hot humid air down here on the coast and not traction till top of 2nd gear.

What all do you have done to your car again? You're running the 178, right? 325/329 looks more like Mustang and Dyno Dynamics numbers. Heck, a few guys on here claiming to be stock put up close to those numbers on dyno jets.
The 325/329 was last year, with the LET Stage 2 (181mm, older-version mailed tune, headers), SAE corrected. Still is the high-dyno champ, as far as my car's configurations are concerned.

Best stock on the DJ, was at was 289/280, SAE corrected.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
That is one very stingy dynojet you ran on! Do you have any other dynos in your area for comparison? Your number should have been higher than that with what you had done to the car. Or your car just wasn't running to it's full potential....?