Fully modded C32 vs E90 M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 03:52 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Correct, M3 is a porker, even with its carbon fiber roof. 295 ft lbs of torque pushing that much weight... not pretty. Sad for BMW now that AMG is the lighter option between the two (with more torque might I add).
there's only one thing wrong with that statement.

C32/55 wasn't compared to the E90/92/93 M3. It was compare to the "lighter" E46 M3.

C63 at 4000lb = a porker.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
M3

The numbers that I have seen for a stock E90 M3 were 12.91 ET @ 111 mph.
But the location, conditions and time slip were not recorded so it is heresay at best. I saw another stock M3 sedan 2008 model that ran a 13.01 ET @ 110.41 mph. Again, no location, conditions or timeslip to back up the claim.

Heresay or no, the numbers look to be about right. Either one would beat my C32's time when it was stock (13.54 ET @ 103 mph). I would not call mine fully modded now as all I have done is install a C3P pulley and intake. That did boost the performance a little. I would guess that under ideal conditions, I might be able to trap a 13.2 to 13.3 right now. Still, that is not enough to beat a stock E90 M3. It is close enough to make it a driver's race. I would rate at least my C32 as a slight underdog in such a run. A closer race might be a E46 M3.

Irish
Old 06-28-2009, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
The numbers that I have seen for a stock E90 M3 were 12.91 ET @ 111 mph.
But the location, conditions and time slip were not recorded so it is heresay at best. I saw another stock M3 sedan 2008 model that ran a 13.01 ET @ 110.41 mph. Again, no location, conditions or timeslip to back up the claim.

Heresay or no, the numbers look to be about right. Either one would beat my C32's time when it was stock (13.54 ET @ 103 mph). I would not call mine fully modded now as all I have done is install a C3P pulley and intake. That did boost the performance a little. I would guess that under ideal conditions, I might be able to trap a 13.2 to 13.3 right now. Still, that is not enough to beat a stock E90 M3. It is close enough to make it a driver's race. I would rate at least my C32 as a slight underdog in such a run. A closer race might be a E46 M3.

Irish
a stock C32 is a good race for a stock E46 M3. Since being modded, even when i just had a code3 pulley, it wasnt even close.

Mike (hooley) has been in my car and has said that (now) it is faster that his was before he was s/c'ed, and he apparently beat up on a new one at that time. so right now, and especially once i install these headers, its on......and i think its over, for the M3 lol.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW
there's only one thing wrong with that statement.

C32/55 wasn't compared to the E90/92/93 M3. It was compare to the "lighter" E46 M3.

C63 at 4000lb = a porker.
True but Benz sandbagged the C63 and cut out its power too so honestly C63 is not a good example. Originally the C63 was supposed to come in at around 3650-3700 but they weighed it down & cut power not to cannibalize sales from "higher" models.

But in that respect you are true (inter-generational comparisons), but that only means that older models are even more attractive now since they are ridiculously cheap at these prices and can be made almost as quick with only a few grand in mods.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c32
My car takes the "new" e90 M3 all the time since I got it back from VRP.

The car made 370/359 (rwhp/rwtq) with 185mm pulley, headers, intakes, 55 TB, race cats, exhaust work... and: 80 deg F, added camber in rear (b/c of suspension), worn rear tires

Not bad, right?

I just raced a C6 vette the other day. I am not sure what mods the old man was running but I was side by side with him the whole way, and we shut it down around 130-ish.

On the flip side, I have an e46 M3 that makes 750 to the crank - HorsepowerFreaks.com -- That car is just "stupid" fast.

Last edited by AirFrcd; 06-28-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AirFrcd
My car takes the "new" e90 M3 all the time since I got it back from VRP.

The car made 370/359 (rwhp/rwtq) with 185mm pulley, headers, intakes, 55 TB, race cats, exhaust work... and: 80 deg F, added camber in rear (b/c of suspension), worn rear tires

Not bad, right?

I just raced a C6 vette the other day. I am not sure what mods the old man was running but I was side by side with him the whole way, and we shut it down around 130-ish.

On the flip side, I have an e46 M3 that makes 750 to the crank - HorsepowerFreaks.com -- That car is just "stupid" fast.
not bad.....what kind of dyno are those numbers on?

what size TB? i thought the C32 had the same size TB as the 55ks (74mm). did you guys bore out the rear supercharger housing as well?

what kind of race cats and exhaust setup are you running? (this is clearly a game of 20 questions lol)

glad to see your numbers have gotten much better then last time i recall seeing them (if i remember correctly)
Old 06-28-2009, 05:40 PM

03 c32
Originally Posted by jturkel
not bad.....what kind of dyno are those numbers on?

what size TB? i thought the C32 had the same size TB as the 55ks (74mm). did you guys bore out the rear supercharger housing as well?

what kind of race cats and exhaust setup are you running? (this is clearly a game of 20 questions lol)

glad to see your numbers have gotten much better then last time i recall seeing them (if i remember correctly)
All good Q's that I wish I had the exact answer to.
Feel free to hit Vadim @ VRP up with the specifics. He did a great job with the car after having it for a month.

I know the car has 200-cell race cats, with the secondaries removed, and special exhaust flanges (e.g. 2.5" H-pipe inlets), VRP headers, VRP tune, dyno on the same dyno that Vadim tunes all VRP cars on (in Costa Mesa I believe). Yes, he installed a larger TB from a 55 (perhaps ported - I know I should know this). Oh yeah, and removed the defective IC from our piece of ***** vendor Brandon Smith, who owes me lots of $ and parts, still, and replaced with an OEM brand new MB IC, b/c I have yet to get my original one back from C3P.

Last edited by AirFrcd; 06-28-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Feel free to hit Vadim @ VRP up with the specifics. He did a great job with the car after having it for a month.

I know the car has 200-cell race cats, with the secondaries removed, and special exhaust flanges (e.g. 2.5" H-pipe inlets), VRP headers, VRP tune, dyno on the same dyno that Vadim tunes all VRP cars on (in Costa Mesa I believe). Yes, he installed a larger TB from a 55 (perhaps ported - I know I should know this). Oh yeah, and removed the defective IC from our piece of ***** vendor Brandon Smith, who owes me lots of $ and parts, still, and replaced with an OEM brand new MB IC, b/c I have yet to get my original one back from C3P.
he uses a dynojet if my memory serves me correctly

any sound clips of the exhaust? sounds like you have headers to race cats to just the regular exhaust with deleted resonator and secondary cats?

yah im like 99% sure we have the same TB as E55 and SL55ks, etc (all being a 74 i think)....though i remember Vadim telling me once that some C32s have bigger TBs than others (C32 guys, apparently it says this on the part number on the TB....either it says 112 or 113, 113 being the bigger one?....i havent checked this yet). and as far as porting the rear supercharger housing, im pretty sure that is what is required to really see anything out of doing that TB upgrade.

yah, i'm sorry you had so many issues with Brandon and i know this has been on going for a while. i hope it gets resolves soon! do you actually have the stigmaeir (spelling) ported supercharger or was that something you paid for that actually wasnt done or on your car?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:38 PM

03 c32
Angry

yah, i'm sorry you had so many issues with Brandon and i know this has been on going for a while. i hope it gets resolves soon! do you actually have the stigmaeir (spelling) ported supercharger or was that something you paid for that actually wasnt done or on your car?
Vadim claims the s/c was NEVER ported.

Yet another lie from yours truly, Brandon Smith - aka C3PP
Old 06-28-2009, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Vadim claims the s/c was NEVER ported.

Yet another lie from yours truly, Brandon Smith - aka C3PP
yet you paid for it....i remember reading this a while ago i think.....has he disappeared (brandon)? i noticed that they are banned and i'm guessing maybe this has something to do with it?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:48 PM

03 c32
yet you paid for it....i remember reading this a while ago i think.....has he disappeared (brandon)? i noticed that they are banned and i'm guessing maybe this has something to do with it?
What goes around, comes around. Do you catch my drift?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
What goes around, comes around. Do you catch my drift?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 PM

Not an AMG :(
If it hasn't been clear enough to anyone in the past 9 months, it should be now:

Do NOT do business with Code 3 Performance.

Don't purchase anything from them and don't loan anything to them for development.

You have been warned AT LEAST 50 times in the C32 forum alone.

The injustices suffered by AirFrcd at the hands of C3P are nothing short of a disgrace. I feel terrible for you, AirFrcd.

Admin staff (or higher up) at MBWorld who peruse the C32 subforum need to establish a sticky so that any unsuspecting / naive / new members can see exactly what this company has done to untold Mercedes and Chrysler owners.

Enough is enough. Where is the outrage?
If C3P catered primarily to the W211 E55 forum, we wouldn't be having this discussion - C3P would be LONG gone.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
Admin staff (or higher up) at MBWorld who peruse the C32 subforum need to establish a sticky so that any unsuspecting / naive / new members can see exactly what this company has done to untold Mercedes and Chrysler owners.
great idea. not sure why it hasnt been done yet?

If C3P catered primarily to the W211 E55 forum, we wouldn't be having this discussion - C3P would be LONG gone.
well thats definitely the truth. i feel that something may burst soon over there, especially after following that vendors thread.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 PM

CLK550
the E90/92 M3 is still lighter than the C32/55 if not the same weight. There's no way a "stock" C32/55 can keep up with the new M3. The purpose of the M3 is to make a streetable track car, so the high revving engine serves that purpose. when in the hills when you keep the revs up in the 4k to redline the M3 is beautifully balanced and fun to drive. On the street it IS pretty boring tho except it looks good. lol
I've driven the new M3, and it definitely is faster than a stock C32, but comparing a fully modded C32 to a stock M3 is apples and oranges. The M3 can be very exciting on the street, but you have to keep the revs high.....and the sound of that v8 at 8000+ rpm is beautiful.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:37 PM

03 c32
Thumbs up

If it hasn't been clear enough to anyone in the past 9 months, it should be now:

Do NOT do business with Code 3 Performance.

Don't purchase anything from them and don't loan anything to them for development.

You have been warned AT LEAST 50 times in the C32 forum alone.

The injustices suffered by AirFrcd at the hands of C3P are nothing short of a disgrace. I feel terrible for you, AirFrcd.

Enough is enough. Where is the outrage?
Duly noted.
Thank you Patrick. Words of wisdom.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duly noted.
Thank you Patrick. Words of wisdom.
Lawrence, we should do some runs, so this question can be answered!
Old 06-28-2009, 11:57 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
Originally Posted by advans
the Bimmers dont have much tq compared to the equiv. MBs but when it comes to twisties and turns, we have to step aside.

and if somehow it starts snowing, that's where the RS4 comes in.

Also where the 335xis come into play
Old 06-29-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Lawrence, we should do some runs, so this question can be answered!
yours is modded! lol
what did your M3 dyno stock?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yours is modded! lol
what did your M3 dyno stock?
True!

It hit 340whp on a dynojet stock.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:41 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter

the TB's gotta be ported.

I currently have a M113 TB on my car and they're the same size as the old one.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:49 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by RedBull
I've driven the new M3, and it definitely is faster than a stock C32, but comparing a fully modded C32 to a stock M3 is apples and oranges. The M3 can be very exciting on the street, but you have to keep the revs high.....and the sound of that v8 at 8000+ rpm is beautiful.
I drive a E92 M3 (childhood/family friend's car) almost every week. I can tell you if you keep the rev up on the street you are just in for a torture. There's no reason to rev it up when driving normally which is my point for normal dirving on the street. From stop light to stop light driving under normal conditions his BMW buy-back E92 335 was more fun to drive. The s65 V8 engine is awesome, but constantly revving it on the street can be annoying even to the driver. lol
Old 06-29-2009, 12:51 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
True!

It hit 340whp on a dynojet stock.
your e46 M3 sounds sick from the description.

how much is the GIAC for the E90/92 M3? might be something to preach to my buddy to do.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
the TB's gotta be ported.

I currently have a M113 TB on my car and they're the same size as the old one.
so you're saying he either has a ported TB (that was 74mm) or he might have one of vadim's 78 or 80 mm TBs that maybe was retrofitted to his car? wouldnt he also need to port the rear supercharger housing? i feel that is a must to see gains. i've been considering doing something with my TB for a long time. im growing impatient waiting for AMS to come out with one! (hurry up AMS, if you are reading this lol).....

Bulldogger, who is a member on this forum ported his TB and the rear s/c housing on his srt6, to 76.5 mm. Apparently, that is the maximum you can really go before upgrading TBs.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
I drive a E92 M3 (childhood/family friend's car) almost every week. I can tell you if you keep the rev up on the street you are just in for a torture. There's no reason to rev it up when driving normally which is my point for normal dirving on the street. From stop light to stop light driving under normal conditions his BMW buy-back E92 335 was more fun to drive. The s65 V8 engine is awesome, but constantly revving it on the street can be annoying even to the driver. lol
i've never driven a high strung, high revving car like the M3. Any of them for that matter. I always hear that up top in high RPMs, its a whole different experience. Could you or DLSJ5 please try and explain exactly what this is like, when comparing to say, a C32 lol. The only thing I can think of that I have been in that screams top end was a 700whp single turbo supra, but i'm sure thats different lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fully modded C32 vs E90 M3