C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
88 BMW M3, 11 BMW M3 Vert, 04 Porsche GT3
C32 Mod Questions

I have a 2002 C32 and I am thinking about doing some mods. I recently saw a video clip on code3 performance's website and the first thing I noticed was the loud whine from the pulley upgrade. I would love to upgrade my intake plus a pulley kit and I was wondering which kit makes the least amount of noise. Also as I am thinking about taking my C32 to the track, I wonder what kind of suspension upgrades I can make that will give me better handling without sacrificing the ride. Thanks so much in advance for any advice that anyone can provide me.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
you want the least noise? then dont mod lol

quietest intake is definitely not the code3. thats the loudest. the quieter ones are the SL55 and probably the LET (though never heard it on video or in person)

if you even want less noise, then if you upgrade pulleys, then run a pulley with the LEAST boost (though you will not be making as much power obviously). pulleys with the least boost are the 178mm crank pulley and the code3 supercharger pulley. however, we prefer not to support code3 anymore because they have screwed over several members here and have been therefore banned from this forum
Old 07-03-2009, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
88 BMW M3, 11 BMW M3 Vert, 04 Porsche GT3
jturkel, seems like you have a great setup on your 02 C32. Do you happen to have a sound clip of your car under full acceleration? I totally realize that a modded car is going to be louder and that's fine. For example, I will probably remove the resonator as I actually like the way it makes the exhaust note sound. I just want to make sure whatever upgrade I make do not create excessive noise and definitely do not want it to sound like the car in the code3 performance video. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2009, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by inflectionpt
jturkel, seems like you have a great setup on your 02 C32. Do you happen to have a sound clip of your car under full acceleration? I totally realize that a modded car is going to be louder and that's fine. For example, I will probably remove the resonator as I actually like the way it makes the exhaust note sound. I just want to make sure whatever upgrade I make do not create excessive noise and definitely do not want it to sound like the car in the code3 performance video. Thanks!
thanks!

this is a video clip of my dyno with the largest crank pulley available (makes the most boost). it is a little louder because its obviously inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mLELW8p1uI

THIS video is my old setup with the code3 s/c pulley that makes less boost:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MoRI...eature=related

hope that helps!

note: in both vids, i have the res delete in case you are wondering what it sounds like

Last edited by jturkel; 07-03-2009 at 03:41 PM.