C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Just got the car and check engine light went on...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by link146
24K. I was under the impression that the pump was not covered under the warranty. However, the $35 relay may have been?
It would be covered under warranty if you were still within 4 years / 50k miles. Mine went out when my car JUST ran out of warranty (age, not mileage) and my dealer offered to comp the parts as long as I paid the labor - came in around $300 OTD, IIRC.

It apparently isn't harmful to your engine at all - but it would cause you to fail a state inspection (not sure if you have 'em in NJ - we have them every year in PA).
Old 07-31-2009, 09:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'02 325 xi; '02 C32; '90 ZX; '08 CBR 6RR, '86 V45 Magna
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
It would be covered under warranty if you were still within 4 years / 50k miles. Mine went out when my car JUST ran out of warranty (age, not mileage) and my dealer offered to comp the parts as long as I paid the labor - came in around $300 OTD, IIRC.

It apparently isn't harmful to your engine at all - but it would cause you to fail a state inspection (not sure if you have 'em in NJ - we have them every year in PA).
Thats what my problem is...My temp tags expire tomorrow...I have to throw on my tags and get it inspected. I have been putting it off because in NJ we have "State run" DMV inspection stations. They are free but they suck. The workers are the nastiest people on the planet eventhough the driver's whose cars they inspect pay their salaries. They suck and take anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hrs. Over in PA you have to go to a gas station right? You probably pay a few bucks and your in-and-out and treated w/ respect...

For example, I have to tell this story because it is so fresh in my mind. I was actually coming back from a meeting at Liberty Place in Center City two months ago and stopped at the DMV in Cherry Hill NJ to get my BMW inspected. After the inspection lady yanked my car door open and ordered me to "get out" she shut the door on my leg as i was stepping out. Needless to say, I was mad and slammed my door, talked under my breath and walked away...I knew my car should pass because I checked everything before I went to the DMV (lights, CEL, etc.) Well when my car got to the end of the inspection garage, what do you know, the lady slaps a "failed" sticker on my car. I went over and asked "why" and was told it was because I had the suction cup from my GPS in the top left corner of my windshield. I ripped the suction cup off and yelled "now I pass."

Well, I was pointed to the re-inspection area where I had to wait another 45 mins for another asswipe to comeover and give me a good sticker and i was on my way. All said and done, it took me a little over 2 hrs.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by link146
Thats what my problem is...My temp tags expire tomorrow...I have to throw on my tags and get it inspected. I have been putting it off because in NJ we have "State run" DMV inspection stations. They are free but they suck. The workers are the nastiest people on the planet eventhough the driver's whose cars they inspect pay their salaries. They suck and take anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hrs. Over in PA you have to go to a gas station right? You probably pay a few bucks and your in-and-out and treated w/ respect...

For example, I have to tell this story because it is so fresh in my mind. I was actually coming back from a meeting at Liberty Place in Center City two months ago and stopped at the DMV in Cherry Hill NJ to get my BMW inspected. After the inspection lady yanked my car door open and ordered me to "get out" she shut the door on my leg as i was stepping out. Needless to say, I was mad and slammed my door, talked under my breath and walked away...I knew my car should pass because I checked everything before I went to the DMV (lights, CEL, etc.) Well when my car got to the end of the inspection garage, what do you know, the lady slaps a "failed" sticker on my car. I went over and asked "why" and was told it was because I had the suction cup from my GPS in the top left corner of my windshield. I ripped the suction cup off and yelled "now I pass."

Well, I was pointed to the re-inspection area where I had to wait another 45 mins for another asswipe to comeover and give me a good sticker and i was on my way. All said and done, it took me a little over 2 hrs.
Wow, that sucks.

We have to go to an "official inspection station" - usually isn't a gas station, but most auto repair places, dealerships, even lube & tire places, are able to do it. It's a racket - we have to get 'em every year, and it's $50 or so for the safety and emissions inspections. If you wait, it's usually a couple hours (unless you're the very first person in the door in the morning) - most of the time, I wind up leaving and getting it later.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'02 325 xi; '02 C32; '90 ZX; '08 CBR 6RR, '86 V45 Magna
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Wow, that sucks.

We have to go to an "official inspection station" - usually isn't a gas station, but most auto repair places, dealerships, even lube & tire places, are able to do it. It's a racket - we have to get 'em every year, and it's $50 or so for the safety and emissions inspections. If you wait, it's usually a couple hours (unless you're the very first person in the door in the morning) - most of the time, I wind up leaving and getting it later.
I guess you can't win!?