Weltmeister quad and CF diffuser installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Weltmeister quad and CF diffuser installed

Finally got around to installing my Weltmeister exhaust and CF diffuser from Teo (tsl1212).
I'm not overly impressed with the diffuser fit and finish and will have to do some tweaking to make it fit/look right...just like everyone else that has this particular diffuser. If anyone else is thinking of getting a diffuser, wait for cannonball to finish his up.
As for the exhaust, it took a lot of adjusting to get everything lined up right but there are several spots to adjust it and once setup, it looks pretty good for a more or less fake dual/quad tip setup. I love the sound of it though so far! It's surprisingly deeper than the stock AMG muffler and a little louder. The good kind of louder though and not "ricer". No sound clips yet, just some before/after photos taken with my camera phone. I will post some sound clips later tonight hopefully though.
Attached Thumbnails Weltmeister quad and CF diffuser installed-0713091028b.jpg   Weltmeister quad and CF diffuser installed-0713091028a.jpg   Weltmeister quad and CF diffuser installed-0713091151.jpg   Weltmeister quad and CF diffuser installed-051.jpg   Weltmeister quad and CF diffuser installed-052.jpg  

Weltmeister quad and CF diffuser installed-054.jpg  
Old 07-13-2009, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
trevor that looks sick! definitely get some sound clips up! do you think you picked up maybe a smidge of power with your new exhaust setup or just a sound difference? idk how the flow in those Weltmeister mufflers compare to the stock AMG ones
Old 07-13-2009, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
Looks great.

We need sound clips asap!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
trevor that looks sick! definitely get some sound clips up! do you think you picked up maybe a smidge of power with your new exhaust setup or just a sound difference? idk how the flow in those Weltmeister mufflers compare to the stock AMG ones
Thanks! I doubt I picked up anything power wise, but I suppose it's possible. The AMG muffler is much larger and heavier compared to this one. The Weltmeister probably flows a bit more freely over stock I presume as well. It sure sounds mean coming off a stoplight!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 PM

E55 2003, C32 2002,
Great work trevor

Is weltmeister quad exhaust set up similar to Carlsson exhaust where transverse pipe is installed directly to the muffler ?

saam55

Mod. so far...

LET intake with ITG Filter
Eurocharged Headers
LET 185mm Pulley
LET Tune
C3P HE
CM30 Pump
Resonator & Rear Cat Delete.
NGK IX Iridiums
Magnecor 8.5mm Wires
Old 07-13-2009, 08:53 PM

C32 AMG
Looks great man!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:05 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by saam55
Great work trevor

Is weltmeister quad exhaust set up similar to Carlsson exhaust where transverse pipe is installed directly to the muffler ?

saam55
yes.

they're both made by Supersprint. the tips section are exactly the same as the Carlsson quad. only the canister part Carlsson has their own design. The Weltmeister use a supersprint muffler i believe.

power gain = none. sound = a lot better. weight = less than stock AMG/sebring muffler.

can't wait for sound clip of it without the secondary since I already know how it sounds with and without resonator. lol

Last edited by FrankW; 07-13-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Looks nice, drool.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
looks very mean..i like it.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Your combination does look sharp. Nice!

I’ve heard FrankW’s Weltmeister from the inside and outside of his car.
Never thought our little V-6 could sound so authoritative and refined.

Dig that license plate, too.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 SL55, 2010 C63
Looks good.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Thanks guys! A quick video is uploading to youtube as I type. Nothing fancy...just a quick video on the way to and from dinner with the wife. It was pretty wet out so she didn't let me have any fun, but it will give you an idea of how she sounds (the car that is).
Old 07-13-2009, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Talking VIDEO POSTED

Video/soundclip is posted. I hope to have some drive-by's from outside when we have better weather. If you have good computer speakers and a sub under the desk, you should have a nice rumble at the beginning when she's idling.
VIDEO HERE

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 07-13-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:09 PM

C32 AMG
That sounds pretty nice man, pretty frigging nice! That pulley whine is wooooo00000AAAAAA!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
sounds great Trevor! i might need to imitate your setup if i dont go with true dual.

were you driving with the weather stripping off? your code3 intake makes that blower sound loud as ever! man i still miss that loudness haha

also, what is that above your dash on the left hand side?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
sounds great Trevor! i might need to imitate your setup if i dont go with true dual.

were you driving with the weather stripping off? your code3 intake makes that blower sound loud as ever! man i still miss that loudness haha

also, what is that above your dash on the left hand side?
Yup, the weather stripping has been off since way back when you first said I should try it. The C3P intake gives a good whine, but that little intake mod I did for all of $15 is what really made it come alive...sound wise. You can hear the instant the SC engages. I love it.

The thing in my upper left isn't what you think it is...or what I wish it was. It's for the satellite radio. Although it's been fun to mess with passengers that didn't know any better. I told them the preset numbers for stations were different power settings. I would demonstrate by how the car drove at different "power levels".haha I do need a good scanner with wide band but I'm waiting for you to find a good one that works so I can copy.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Yup, the weather stripping has been off since way back when you first said I should try it. The C3P intake gives a good whine, but that little intake mod I did for all of $15 is what really made it come alive...sound wise. You can hear the instant the SC engages. I love it.

The thing in my upper left isn't what you think it is...or what I wish it was. It's for the satellite radio. Although it's been fun to mess with passengers that didn't know any better and they thought the preset numbers for stations were different power settings. I would demonstrate by how the car drove at different "power levels".haha I do need a good scanner with wide band but I'm waiting for you to find a good one that works so I can copy.
what little intake mod did you do? i must have forgotten?

yah i thought it was one of those devices with data readouts with IATs, boost, etc.......lol....i was like "that doesnt look like one i've seen before".....and for some reason when i saw the NAV, satellite radio never hit my mind lol. yah i'll keep on looking for one. the dashdaq still seems to be a good option and one of the only compatible options for our car as far as OBDII goes (that i have found at least), but its too expensive for me right now.

thats funny how you were able to convince people of what it "might be" with the different power settings haha.....
Old 07-13-2009, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
looks great man i did mines too
Pics Here
Old 07-13-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
what little intake mod did you do? i must have forgotten?
This one here - https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...o-baffles.html. Nothing fancy, but it goes great with the C3P intake.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
This one here - https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...o-baffles.html. Nothing fancy, but it goes great with the C3P intake.
oh yah thats right. i remember that thread now

well you've done a great job with the car! any future plans for it?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
oh yah thats right. i remember that thread now

well you've done a great job with the car! any future plans for it?
I have been wondering the same thing. I don't think there's much left out there to do without spending big bucks for little gains. I'm hoping to see larger TBs coming out for our cars soon (TVT you out there??) as was rumored. I think LSD would be a good investment at this point since traction is a big issue. If/when I get the traction issue under control, then the HSTC would make sense.

Next thing will probably be a CF front lip, but I'm worried about breaking it since the front sits so low as it is. Plus the more carbon fiber you slap on a car, the faster it is...right?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
I have been wondering the same thing. I don't think there's much left out there to do without spending big bucks for little gains. I'm hoping to see larger TBs coming out for our cars soon (TVT you out there??) as was rumored. I think LSD would be a good investment at this point since traction is a big issue. If/when I get the traction issue under control, then the HSTC would make sense.

Next thing will probably be a CF front lip, but I'm worried about breaking it since the front sits so low as it is. Plus the more carbon fiber you slap on a car, the faster it is...right?
i think it was AMS who was going to do the TB? (is that right Omey, if you are reading this?).....it might be a while, and if it never occurs, P/P might be the way to go. have you split your coolant system yet?

LSD would be a great idea as well. definitely help out a lot. as far as the hstc, i think there are still some kinks in the system that need to be figured out, as someone pointed out over on the srt6 forum.

i know frank and i would love to see a Brabus V8 hood but in CF with vents to lighten the weight up a little bit and improve ventilation drastically b/c it gets soo hot under there. (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ing-get-2.html, post 29)

and yah, i would be worried about sitting too low on front. go to fast over a bump, its gone. be careful! and yes, more cf the merry! haha.....i've actually gotten some interesting comments about my CF trunk lip, from "that looks nice and sporty" to a comment regarding "rice".....w/e....i like it....i just defended it saying that the BS cars can come silver with the CF trunk lip and it looks hot, and i think it does too. haha end rant
Old 07-14-2009, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I would be all over it if Brabus made a CF vented hood for us that would fit! That would be a huge improvement both in weight and venting heat. Unfortunately, we're old news to the big name vendors. Maybe Hooley has some connections for making CF hoods along with those sexy headers.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:19 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Video/soundclip is posted. I hope to have some drive-by's from outside when we have better weather. If you have good computer speakers and a sub under the desk, you should have a nice rumble at the beginning when she's idling.
VIDEO HERE
sounds great
Old 07-14-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
I would be all over it if Brabus made a CF vented hood for us that would fit! That would be a huge improvement both in weight and venting heat. Unfortunately, we're old news to the big name vendors. Maybe Hooley has some connections for making CF hoods along with those sexy headers.
haha i'll talk to him, though he is probably reading this now anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weltmeister quad and CF diffuser installed